Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Yes, I was just watching the local news and the delays are horrendous, with no immiment sign of any improvement.

David :wave
PS .. the BBC couldn't get through on the phone lines either
Air Scotland (Greece Airways) only have one aircraft, Boeing 757 reg SX-BLW. They have been grounded twice in the last week due to unpaid bills and their flights are still running very late:

05:40 GRE2734 MALAGA EXPECTED 2120

They have hastily put this notice on their website:

URGENT NOTICE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHECK YOUR FLIGHT TIMES !!!!!!! (16-October-2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that all passengers travelling between Monday 17th October and Friday 21st October should contact our Customer Services Team on 0044 141 222 2363 to confirm their flight times.

Obviously don't expect to be back to normal until Saturday! Evening Times mentions a second aircraft. Perhaps they have chartered another airline in, but you would have thought that they'd be able to clear the backlog quicker than that! What a way to operate!
Hi I am looking for some advice on the Air-Scotland fiasco.

We were due to fly out with Air-Scotland from Edinburgh to Alicante on Sat 15th Oct at 19:40 Hrs.
At 02:00Hrs the departure board indicated that the flight was 'Indefinitely Delayed', the BAA staff indicated that they were unsure if flight would go at all and stated verbally that anyone leaving would get there fare refunded.

We felt that due to the uncertainty of the flight departing and of course coming back and also with our 2 young children with us we decided not to go and return home.

We, along with many other passengers left the airport at 03:30Hrs after being in the airport for 10 Hrs.
The flight did eventually leave at 09:30 Hrs (almost 14 Hrs late),
So far I have emailed Air-Scotland and asked for a refund without reply of course.
We paid for our air tickets with a credit card and we do have holiday insurance.
This fiasco has cost us around £300 in total, does anyone have any advice on where we stand regarding our loses ?

Many Thanks
hi and welcome

click the link below my signature and either read from screen or download and print..if this doesn't answer your questions go to the complaints forum and you will find a telephone number for Ross a travel solicitor who works with many of our members

wizard
This is not just a recent problem, here is part of my post from the first page of this topic.

I have used them only once in 2003, plane was going to be delayed by 1 hour, not a problem, we boarded sat on the plane for a further 2 hours while they tried to get somebody to pay for fuel.
We then arrived at Barcelona 3hrs late and then waited for over 2 hours for our luggage to be put on to the luggage reclaim carousel, allegedly the baggage handlers refused to touch the luggage as they had not been paid by the company previously.
It was announced this morning that todays flight
Glasgow-Alicante-Edinburgh-Alicante-Glasgow is running as normal,it looks as if a second plane is being used as one from Palma has not arrived yet in Glasgow.it appears that they only fly to Paris on Wednesday so hopefully the backlog will soon be sorted providing they pay the bills.
Just checked the Alicante-Edinburgh flight timed to arrive 15.30, no arrival time up for it yet.
More alarming someone has told me that this morning upon flying into Edinburgh airport they saw an Air Scotland plane with yellow tape round it,I hope they were winding me up
Anstruther , where do you get this info from - it is rubbish .
The Polish plane chartered has returned to Poland from Glasgow as the captain demanded payment before embarking pax , Air scot do'nt have the money . so the ALC passengers are still stuck in Glasgow :(
The Air Scot flight is currently under way to Palma , about 17 hours late now . AS far as I know , tomorrow sees only one booked flight -to Paris .
Above info given in good faith from an aviation forum which I believe to be correct in the past .
Oh dear it gets worse. They chartered a plane from a Polish airline today to operate the Alicante flights. However, once in Glasgow the Polish airline refused to fly until Air Scotland had payed for the charter of their aircraft (who can blame them?). No payment was forthcoming so the plane went back to Poland! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4353760.stm

Latest Flight information:

Glasgow
Arr 05:25 GRE2118 PALMA (no expected)
Dep 08:10 GRE2211 ALICANTE GATE OPEN Seems its going soon!

Edinburgh
Arr 15:30 GRE2222 ALICANTE EXPECTED 0220
DEP 16:30 GRE2221 ALICANTE (At least 0300? - got to arrive first!)
GRE2118 ETA Palma 1900 , who knows what nasties might happen there .
ALC has been " gate open " since early morning , means nothing
BBC News have more info about Air Scotland today.
It is looking more positive now and hopefully my flight will run smoothly on Sunday
Hi Anstruther, my mum and dad are flying out with them at the begining of Nov, could you keep us posted on how you get on. Good luck with Sunday.
I get back 30th October so will put up a reply then,I travelled with them a few weeks ago and was most impressed with the cabin crew,how well trained they seemed to be upon safety issues etc.The sandwiches they were selling did not look that great so I would tell your parents to take a snack with them,they can then buy coffeee or tea.The flight was delayed one hour going out but made up some of that time on the journey and the captain kept us informed of times and routes.coming back the flight was on time.
Just back from malaga ( 30th oct)Flights were on time both ways! no complaints what so ever.
As Jules said no problems with the flights everything went smoothly the longest wait was at passport control at Edinburgh airport due to a few flights landing at more or less the same time
Thanks again for the info. My parents were equally happy with the service provided. I'm going to athens hopefully in July, looking to book as soon as flight schedule is announced (jan i think)
I still feel quite cagey about booking with them tho'.
Thanks again for the info. My parents were equally happy with the service provided. I'm going to athens hopefully in July, looking to book as soon as flight schedule is announced (jan i think)
I still feel quite cagey about booking with them tho'.

Flyglobespan have launched flights from Glasgow to Athens for Summer 2006.
Goldeneye thanks sooooo much for that info. I'v just went online and booked 2 adults one child £532, compared to BA £675 and easyjet 610.

So thats us all booked for Poros 12th july :D

thanks again

karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.