General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We are all entitled to our opinions and for your information I did not say we don't drink - just that we don't drink a lot.

A vast number of the complaints on programmes such as Holidays from Hell feature AI resorts. I rest my case.

This is getting a bit away from the original topic - sorry mods!!

Pippa
Notice you have only joined today dj. Think you are trying to be controversial for the sake of it :shock:
Not trying to be awakard or controversial !

I am stating my opinions, so what about holidays from hell hence the name hell !

They only show the worst case scenarios of everything, Wether it neighbours or resteraunts or holidays !

It is not a true representation of what happens at every all inclusive !

And like i said what is wrong in someone drinking dawn till dusk ? as long as they keep themselves to themselves and arent annoying other guests ???????????

no one ! rest my case
I love going AI but dont like the football shirted lager louts that you sometimes get who have the dj-jaym attitude.
Nothing worse than a drunk lager swilling hoody.

:pele :pele :pele
im not a lager lout nor do i wear any football shirt,

i go to AI with my partner and we both have a good time,

i dont cause any disturbance to other guests

so what does it matter if i drink all day or not ?
As long as you are not disturbing other guests, i do agree with you dj to a certain extent obviously we have kids so drinking all day is not an option for us but when the kids are asleep my hubby goes to the bar and brings a couple of drinks up to the room and we sit on our balcony and drink them!!

And yes you have a point that you work all year and should be allowed to let your hair down on holiday - the people who are really giving brits abroad a bad name are the social security spongers who can somehow still manage a expensive foreign holiday - who have 4-5 kids who are all badly behaved and doing things like splashing around the baby pool when they are about 10/11 and too old to be in the baby pool where babies and toddlers are playing - rant over now!! :oops:

I think we will all have to agree to disagree on this there are going to be people like us who feel that AI is best for us and others who prefer to eat somewhere different every night and not be tied to a hotel. So perhaps we should all try and respect each others opinions - there is no wrong or right here its just peoples opinions!! :ghug
i totaly agree with you.

I dont condone anything that causes upset to other guests i think thats wrong indeed.

I think the stigma attatched to young people binge drinkign as its called is always gona be an issue, And the comments will still be made yes we do hear them !

Oh are they still at the bar

theyve been there all day

dont they ever sleep just drink

etc etc

but alas everyone goes on holiday for a good time so whatever u choose to do not do have a good en
OK, please remember our T&C's, in particular "Show respect to other members. Do not be drawn into conflict". If this topic deteriorates, it will be locked.

Also, please do not use phone style text, eg u instead of you. Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers which do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
Thank you Luci for getting this thread back on track. GGB Mallorca started a good debate. And a lively one!!! But perhaps the recent exchange is indicative of the emotions that surround the whole issue of AIs. It's well worth developing - respectfully.
It's down to individual choice at the end of the day. Sometimes, depending on the country you are travelling to, AI is the safest or only option. It's also great for families on a budget, you don't have to keep digging into your purse if the kids are wanting another ice-cream or juice. Also handy not having to worry about leaving your purse or wallet on the loungers when you have a dip in the pool.

I've had both AI & self-catering holidays & can see the pros and cons of both. There are good and bad accommodations everywhere, whether they are AI or self-catering.

I certainly wouldn't have a dig at anyone for chosing either.
I have had AI holidays and SC holidays... we have found as a family that AI suits us better. We have been fortunate that only one of them has ever turned out less enjoyable than what we had hoped. You get what you pay for and we work hard all year, so when we do go away, we are happy to pay that little bit extra and stay at a classier establishment where standards are a little bit higher.

When our children finally flee the nest then i guess me and rob may not choose to go AI.. it depends on the circumstances at the time but i think we will have more options when we are not restricted by the kids ( we are less restricted now as they are 17 and 14 than what we were when they were younger obviously)

I have no objection to people who want to drink themselves into oblivion all day if they want to as long as what they do does not impinge on my rights to enjoy my holiday also. I don't care if people want to stuff themselves silly every day and end up looking like the michelin man just as long as they don't walk past me by the pool wearing a tiny pair of speedo's! :yuck
i also do both, ive had 3 sc catering hols this year and 1 all inc and next week we are going all inc to letoonia, if going all inc i try to stick to 4-5 star if possible so the quality of food ,drink etc is better. im not a big drinker and quite fussy what i drink so therefore an all inc that does international brands suit us better. my 6 yr old does prefer the all incs as theres usually more for kids to do, but shes happy in the pools and sea too if we go sc

i have no probs with people eating and drinking as much as they want as long as they dont cause any disturbances,trouble etc , what ever makes you happy . i have seen some people getting very drunk and being very loud and argumentative which isnt nice but that is rare thankfully, we all know drink changes people some get happy others not so nice. but everyone is on holiday to have fun and no one should be pointing the finger as dj said saying they are still at the bar etc if hes doing no harm
i like AI just so the kids leave me alone!!! otherwise it`s *can i have* all the time.You are in a hot country so the kids are wanting drinks all the time, if you are not AI you get charged a fortune for drinks!!!!!! If AI is stopped then other places, bars etc should stop charging stupid prices for drinks, especially when we need them or we will all dehydrate.

sharon
We went AI for the first time in 2005, first to Fuerteventura for a week at Whitsun, and then to Tenerife for two weeks in August.
We decided to try AI, because our eldest son was over 12 and thus classed as an adult, and he drinks coca cola like there is no tomorrow!!!, and after paying 4* hotel prices for drinks in previous years decided to give it a go!!
The first to Fuerteventura was not the best, the variety of drinks and food was poor, but as it was only 3*, and the one we were going to later in the year was 4* we kept an open mind.
The AI in Tenerife was superb!!!....So, much so that we are going again this August!
We had a bad AI in Corfu which I thought had put us off them for good. However, we opted to go AI to Mexico for our honeymoon and it was out of this world (granted, it cost us) so we're trying another one in Costa Rica this year.

A lot of the decision to do the AI comes down to budget. We know beforehand what our basic holiday with food and drink will cost us and then any money we take with us can be spent on excursions and treats.

Like any holiday (or any thing in fact!), with AI you get what you pay for by and large.
Hi, i am an all inclusive virgin, in fact I am a hotel virgin! We choose to stay in villas but only because we like to have a pool ect to ourselves but I am going on holiday without my husband and he has insisted on me and my sister-in-law staying in an all inclusive purely because he doesnt want me to have to worry about saving money each day for food, drinks ect. So I will give an honest opinion an the AI when I get back! 26 days and counting.

Sally
i always stay AI i wouldnt go any other way, the amount of money you save in unbelieveable ive never had a bad one yet if you research into it you cant loose
We went on our 1st AI in 1998 when our daughters were 8 & 4. We went to Majorca with friends & it was our first holiday abroad for 6 years :lol:

Since then we have been to Turkey, Mexico, Kos, Rhodes, Cyprus, Lanzarote, Dominican Republic, Cyprus again & Feurteventura all AI. This year we are off to Menorca. We have had great times at all of them - some great, some indifferent - but all worth what we have paid for them.

We have also done Florida in a villa & Gran Canaria self catering - but would not swap the AI - no can I have, I want, I'm thirsty, I'm hungry. They make friends in the hotel & off they go - Bliss for 2 weeks :D
AI for us when we do long haul HB for short haul.

I know people that always go SC and when they get back they're always saying how much they ended up spending on food & drink. (usually an extra £600 each for a 2 week holiday)

Also, those people that have commented previously on this thread saying that they would NEVER do AI because people just eat & drink because they've paid for it, that's just not true.

I don't drink at all when I go on holiday and in all my holiday's I've never seen anyone ridiculously drunk. We've stayed in AI's where the food is much better than what I've eaten in 5* hotels in London.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.