Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Is this the same Rachels that's nearly opposite the Flamingo Oasis? If so we been there but at that time, last May/June there was just Karaoke, there were no acst on.

It had a nice friendly atmosphere though until I did my rendition of Bobby's Girl. :rofl :rofl

Sue :)
sue,it might be the same owners but its a different bar.

if you were walking from the pelicanos towards the morgan tavern its the first street that goes down to the mediterraneo
sue,it might be the same owners but its a different bar.

I didn't think that Rachels near the Oasis used to be Steptoes :think but I didn't know that there was another one, perhaps they have branched out then.

Sue :)
Hi, weve been to benidorm twice before and loved it! Thought the best acts were in Stardust, you can spend all night in there. Just wondering if jason kane, and tony scott were there this year? We go in just over 2 weeks and want to head there asap! Any other acts worth seeing? We will have our 6 year old with us but not worried about rude jokes etc ( it is benidorm after all!) but dont want to stay up much more than 1am. Wanted to see the beatles cover band last time but it didnt start until 2am and it was just too late for us! Cant wait to go!
SUE ALLEN wrote:
perhaps they have branched out then.

yes sue i think they might have. i was there in april and we was sat in rachels bar opposite the flamingo oasis then an hour later we headed down into town and ended up in rachels tavern . And the exact same young girl was singing that was singing in rachels bar a couple of hours earlier :cheers
The song that Karate and someone else is looking for is "Hold Your Head". Captain Britain uses it too at Panchos.
Bev 26,
Try the Palladium, just down an alley beside John & Joseph's across from the Ambassador. First act on on weeknights is Martin Kent, an incredibly talented mime artist. The other comedians there, Gary George, Mike Curtis are also good. Waiters are great not to mention 'Long John' behind the bar.
thanks helen, i know where it is, sure we will be popping in there!
When we were in Beni in May, a new bar was being built on the road up towards the Flamingo Oasis.
It was on the opposite corner to the Round Town office, past the Union Jack and it was called The Music Tavern. Anyone know if it has been finished and been inside. Going back in November so will have a look.

Regards,

Degs.
degsy01, I know there is a new bar called The Liverpool Arms by the round town office which also opened in May, i'm going this Friday so i'll have a look and let you know, Peter
Its across from the Liverpool Arms, and owned by the same bloke who used to own that bar.

Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks Taggy and have a good time Peter. :cheers

Regards,

Degs.
i am going to Flamingo Benidorm next week woo hoo, i just wanted to know what places (night life) we could go in that would be ok for kids, my oldest being 6. Any help would be apreciated
All bars allow children in. The two main places that are totally geared up for kids are Panchos which has Captain Britain and The Cellar which has Louie The Clown. Both of these are kids entertainers who play games and do "silly dances" etc for around 2 to 3 hours from 9pm (usually) exclusively for kids.
Just a couple of suggestions from my latest trip to Benidorm.
The first is a little place in the old town where all the tappas bars are, I think it is called Auroria and consists of a Tappas bar , a small 'resteraunt' and a room in wich to eat in three different buildings with tables outside . Fantastic food served tappas style in the loosest sense. We had what can only be described as a meat platter which cost next to nothing and filled four hungry blokes.
Next is a bar/restaurant I found on my last day or I would have visited more called the Game Bird. It does a 12euro menu where you get 4 courses, bread with garlic mayo, a selection of tappas(or finger food as the waiter called them, a small and very friendly chap) your choice of main meal( I had the braised lamb recommended by the chef, a very large and helpful chap) which was fantastic, finishing off with a superb sweet. I would suggest you give this place a try its on Calle Girona near the bottom of the 'yellow' brick road opposite Jumping Jacks.
The last one is actually two, The Western Saloon and The Heartbreak Hotel. If you like rock music you will spend a lot of time in these bars watching Joe Dyllon's band and Rafa's acts. I love these places and a lot of my time in Benidorm is spent in these two bars, Heartbreak in the afternoon and Western later on.
in the triangle of bars near the dalmatas , what would be best ones to take my 77 year old mum and dad for the odd night , the triangle pub is too much karaoke , but ive not been in the other two .

or should i tell them to try morgans ?
the white horse has turns on from 8.30,but can be a bit loud,the cellar has bingo then turns ,both ok in my opinion :tup
The Malibu (opposite the White Horse) has acts on each night and is mostly frequented by older clients...although that doesn't stop me from going in and having a good time!
Some good singers perform there, Nikki Miller, Dene Michael, to name a couple.
Also Dave Peterson on the grand piano, very good musician who also sings a few songs before and between the acts.
Not sure about in the summer , but in the winter there is also the Sunday "jazz" afternoon, where guests singers and instrumentalists are welcome.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.