Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The bingo is in the Plaza, not the Cellar. The Cellar has a clown for the kids, not sure your mum would be impressed if you took her there!!!!
Dene's actually stopped doing his Solo show at the Malibu at the moment Julie. I was talking to him in The Town on Monday and he had just come back from a one night "gig" in Blackpool. He was doing an event with the Boxer Ricky Hatton. He had a photo taken with Ricky on his mobile and was showing me. He said Ricky has promissed him a ticket for his next big fight, and as you can imagine, he was pretty chuffed about that!

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi Taggy!
I've seen the pic of Dene and Ricky Hatton, don't they both look smart?
Ju
Hi Julie....Yes indeed they do!...Dene was pretty excited about the whole thing! I think that photo will be getting many viewings over the coming weeks! ;)

Best Regards - Taggy
for the best fish and chips in La Zenia area try Spud Murphys at the C.C Flamanca Beach,Playa Flamenca

;)
A really good show to see in Beni at the moment is the "We Will Rock You" tribute at Rockerfellas. This is based on the West End Musical about Queen. It comprises music with a touch of Theatre, and is definately the best show in Beni at the moment. Good sound and lights too, with a video "wall" behind the stage with footage of Queen and Freddie. This is not a Queen impersonation, but a tribute based on the stage show, and is very professionally done indeed. I had my reservations when i first heard clips of it on the net, but this really is a show all Queen fans really must see, i think you will be very pleasantly surprised! I was talking to Asa Elliot, and the two lads from the "Smart Move" duo, who are in the show, and they are going to tweak the show every now and then, to bring in some different songs! They are off for a couple of weeks or so at the end of July/early August whilst the "Smart Move" duo entertain on a cruise ship! Go see this show, you will not be dissappointed!

On a sad note, Junior - The Mad Maori is at the moment waiting to go into hospital. He has got Hydrocephalus (Water on The Brain), and needs an operation to insert a "Shunt" into his Brain to drain off fluid into his heart. He's very frustrated apparently by delays in getting this done, and misses performing very much. However this is a big operation, and particularily at his time of life, its probably very doubtful indeed that he will be performing again. But you never know i suppose. He's certainly put a smile on many faces over the years, so lets wish him well for a successful outcome.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy any idea if the "we will rock you" show will be on between the 12th and 25th of August?

Thank you :)
Hi There.....Yep, they are back on at Rockafellas from August 10th. They are on 6 nights a week, Tuesday is their night off!

Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks alot taggy will give them a bash. Thanks for the info :tup
great stuff i love queen , are the soulistics and peatloaf still on in rockafellas taggy ?
Pretty sure they were not on there when i went in July, am going back in Sept! Peatloaf is on at Valentines at the moment at 10 o clock, and i think he's still doing Jokers too.

Best Regards - Taggy
[and i think he's still doing Jokers too.
/quote]

He is still on at Jokers but not sure what time.

Sue :)
i go 12th september , queen will be getting watched the first night :)
I'm sure you will enjoy the show! But as i mentioned do bear in mind this is not a Queen tribute, but a show based upon the "We Will Rock You" Musical from the west end stage. Its really good!

Best Regards - Taggy

PS.....If you want a laugh, go and see the Bay City Rollers Tribute Band at Stardust...on after Tony Scott...very tongue in cheek and cheesy...good fun though!

Best Regards - Taggy
I have seen We Will Rock You twice in Vegas and loved it so hope that this is still on when we go in November.

I would also second the Bay City Rollers, thought they were great fun!

Where are Jokers and Valentines, say in relation to Stardust, Rockerfellas or Morgans? Those are the places we usually end up.

** Edit - Found them on a map. I have a vague recollection of seeing Valentine's, but there was obviously nothing on there that we wanted to see as I don't think we've ever been in.

luci :wave
i`m not going near Tony Scott again , he had me up oan stage last time :yikes

and ive seen the bay city rollers , they were so poor it was funny :)
Hi Luci....Yeah Valentines is right next door to The Talk Of The Coast, they usually have Matthew and Son on early on, with Morpheus the Hypnotist on late, at the moment Peatloaf is on at 10pm but i think when you are there in November that Neil St John may be back on there. I'm pretty sure the We Will Rock You show should still be on in November, i will ask Asa when i'm over in Sept! A really Good Singer who i think you may like is Neil Ross who is exclusive to Talk Of The Coast, always call in to see him when we are over!

Best Regards - Taggy

PS...Looks like Music Hall definately wont be opening again, its up for sale now. The Two Palms is still open, but i think they close 2 days a week now, on Tues and Sun!...Chris tried to contact me a couple of weeks ago for me and E'vonne to go out for a few beers with him one night, but we had just got back to England when we heard from him!!

PPS...Hi Tartonscone, if you think Tony Scott's a nightmare...dont ever get in Mike Curtis's kitty!!!! ;)
Hi anyone no if Moff And the blues brothers are still on?

If Mike curtis tells you theres seats at the front run!!!
There was a Blues Brothers act on at Western Saloon a few weeks back and also at Jailrock i think. Moff is doing Cafe Benidorm.He was doing Talk Of The Coast also, but not many people were coming in to see him late on, so the manager decided to put someone else on inside of him. It was Words and Music and Johnny Kalendar when i was there. He also does a Double Act with Christina Rae at The Western Saloon, under the name of "Rockman and Her" she's a really good singer, they are worth seeing. She also helps run the Karaoke at the Carousel Bar late on some nights too!

Best Regards - Taggy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.