Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
my goodness, he seems to move about a lot.
Not really Fiona ,his ex partner has caused a few problems for him not wanting him to
open up at The Highland Beach its still on the cards but probably next season.
ann :que
We will be holidaying in Goa in March of this year. Staying in the Aquada Taj in Sinquerim. Does anyone know of any reliable jewellers in this area? I am looking for a solitaire diamond set in platinum.

Throughout this thread there also seems to be some controversy about whether platinum is available to buy in Goa.

It would also be helpful to know how people pay for their jewellrey purchases. i.e.) credit card, debit card, stirling or local currency.

Thankyou.
i am thinking of taking some gold jewellery that is old or broken to have melted down and made into a bangle do you think this is possible
thanks
Yes no problem.
You should get the value of the gold by weight then pay for making + profit for the shop.
Remember 24 carat is top then 18 then 12 and finally 9 (usual UK). get the shop to sort according to carat value.
Steve
thanks for that ill sort it all out its mixed gold some yellow some rose gold i wonder if it could be melted together, cant wait to go now roll on feb 14
sharon
hi sharon i took lots of old pieces of jewellery with me last feb,odd earings ,damaged braclet,old rings ect
had a super engaved pendent made with a diamond in one corner.
Ali who is now in Chandra,s Beach Rd Candolim made it for me,call and see him he,s great very honest.
you can have rose gold mixed i did :)
ann
thanks ann ill have a look at his shop in feb
sharon
Hi there is a guy in holiday street going down the road on the left hand side just before the Ondas hotel his name is javid and his brother, my friends have brought from him for the last 3 years and they brought a 1 carat diamond ring last feb beautiful and much less than they expected and worth a great deal more at home, cant think of the name of the shop but will find out for you.. really honest guys, he also melts gold etc and makes new stuff for you.
Hi Sharon just thinking back on the jewellery the rose gold ring was not included in the
melting[blonde moment] its on my finger with a new Tanzanite stone that Ali made up
for me its really super :)
ann
hi ann we just got back long delay and long flight back 120 mph head wind's but a great three weeks, ali as settled now in chandra on beach road he as made paula a great ring also diamond belly bar also made a lovely solitare diamond for the daughter, so all you looking for a good honest and very reliable jeweller in candolim go and see ali @ chandra on the beach rd opp the T-SHIRT shop which is also a good shop will let you know the value ann also we need your home details we got a calander from ali for you. :cry :cry :cry great to be back to the snow :sun2
hi adrian have sent you pm with address thanks :)
hope ali is ok after his bike accident :(
ann
The name of the jewellery shop in Holiday street is Akram & sons Javid is the guy that runs the shop and is a really nice trustworthy guy
Sharon
Try Shamrock Jewellers opposite Ronil Beach in Baga. My wife had some rings made by them and the valuations back home were amazing to say the least!
Lovely staff, very honest and trustworthy, highly recommend.
Noel
Try Tiffany's opposite Highland Beach in Candolim.

Hafeez is very pleasant and friendly, I have used his shop for about seven years now without any problems and he has posted jewellery to me several times
:wave: would it be worth me bringing diamond rings i dont wear anymore to goa with me to be made into one new ring :que any advice would be welcome
I did that last time i went, i like to recycle my jewerllery. :D It was not a problem. Gel
:wave: hi gel will it be expensive i would like an eternity band with rub over setting my diamonds are not all same size
Are you just taking the diamonds or are you taking old gold rings as well? I took old rings which were weighed, he used my diamonds and i bought 6 more and i gave him a apatite stone, i gave a drawing of what i wonted done. It helps to know what sort of design you would like,Find out how much gold is at the moment and ask how many grms they will be using, then there will be the making of the ring added on. you will then know what sort of price he will charge, i dont know were you are stayin but i am sure someone on here will give you a rough idea how much it should cost and who are the best jewellers to ask for a price. I would go in several and ask how much to make the ring, I stay in the south. Hope this helps Gel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.