Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Rob not coming to Goa this year i did tell you in my e-mail when talking about our donation.
.Off on a Far East Cruise in November,but will be back in 2009 see you all then, :)
ann
Hi Rob we are due to fly out 27 November and then again on 26 March. I am laughing at all the children throwing the water bombs at you :rofl brilliant, I bet they had a brilliant time doing that, but you know they all love you really :D
Hi Rob,
Guess theres room in my case for more water balloons too!!
Judie x
Judsmiles, thanks for suggesting about bring more water balloons!!! :(
Gemma33, I'm glad you like the idea of me getting soaked by water bombs..... Strangely it was Ali (our house parent who seemed to get the most pleasure out of it....) - See the photo below... Do you think he should have his \Christmas bonus this year??? -

http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/External/Waterbombs.JPG

I got the volunteers back with 'chilled' water, which as it was a lovely sunny day was quite refreshing....

Aarond - Sorry the different names/usernames/email addresses gets me all confused, of course....

Hope you like the photo... I will try and get all the photos up ASAP...

Thanks
A double bonus Rob ;) :rofl
Nice to know you got them all back. The children in the background seemed to enjoy what was going on :)
The children loved it... Nearly as much as the volunteers.... :) There are more pictures up... Quite a bonus this month... Do check them out...

http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/Pictures.htm

I think the water balloon fight will be next month now....
poipleshadow wrote:
I think the water balloon fight will be next month now....

Not 'think' Rob.... it's SO definitely on! I've got 200 of them so far ... all with your name on them!
anyone want to see the pictures? :D
Judie x
Oh great..... Sounds like the children will bully me again..... :)
I've just finished the newsletter, it's up on our site here....

http://www.childrenwalkingtall.com/Newsletter/2008-07.htm

Thanks all
Some sad new... One of the father committed suicide on Saturday morning... He hung himself and was found at 2am... :(

He leaves behind two children and wife....
Really sad Rob the poor children and not forgetting the wife :(
ann
Oh Rob that is so awful.
Its bad enough for lots of families trying to survive in India, and without a father in the family would be a million times worse.
I've found out she's 3 months pregnant too.... :( I made a mistake also, she has three chidlren (I forgot about the little one), so with the one on it's way that will make four.... :s, all of them under 5 years.... It's customary for the families to put on a feast for their extended family, which always confuses me as it will normally puts them in to debt, they take loans from 'uncles etc' at stupid rates, that's what happened last time and I'm sure it will again... We try our hardest to get them to save, we have a bank scheme for the children now which is working well, but it may take a little longer to get the parents to be involved and to learn how to save....
Hi All...

I've added a few more photos.... and more will go up soon, it's bee the diwali holidays here so we've had the chance to take the children out for a little fun, we've been to the water park in Baga (thanks to them for giving us a reduced rate), been to Bondla wildlife reserve, quite good for our children, although not to western standards, we've also been to the park & beach... It's been cool.. :)
Anyway here are some photos to get you started from a day at the house that ended up with 40 children throwing water bombs at me! - Those masti volunteers planned it all!

http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/Pictures.htm
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that we now have a video on our homepage... Let me know what you think..... :)
Fantastic video Rob. Some really good footage of the sports day! Nice balance between the work you all do and the hardship that the families in the slums live in...well done to the director :tup
:)
Hi, glad you liked the video... It came out really well, I'm impressed by their hard work. They were with us for 10 days an got the footage... Unfoprtunately they came during the monsoon so lots of the filming was cut short by the downpours..., I've put up two new sets of photos too, we took them to the water park in baga (one set) and another set of photos from when we were distributing clothes in the slum.

Thanks so much and have a look if you get a chance

http://www.ChildrenwalkingTall.com/Pictures.htm
Oh Rob! The video is fabulous! Everyone works so hard. Love the children dancing at the end! They look so happy. Thank you.
Rob
what amazing work you all do at Mango House, the video is wonderful.
The children all look so happy.
Well done to all. My wife and i visit Goa on Dec 8th for 2 weeks, our second trip this year, we just love it there. Is it possible to visit mango House when we are there?
Noel & geraldine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.