Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
johnr

Found out to my cost not all cards are accepted over the phone....

fiona
just booked last week with direct holidays, have used them before and all fine, phoned them today to check luggage allowance,was told this was now 15kg and to add extra 5kg will cost 30.00 per person !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :que
That is the case and has been for a while now with new bookings, happened with the Merger aka takeover by Thomas Cook.
:wave: well our tickets have arrived at last,we booked with direct holiidays,and we have got 20kgs baggage allowance so i'm looking forward to my hols now..Hope everyone else who books with Direct Holidays has a brill stree free holiday..
when is your hols sleep_r_us ?
enjoy it when it comes :sun2
Johnr its exactly 2 weeks to day we should be waiting to board the plane right now if not already sitting on there waiting to take off..Cant wait get away from this lousey weather..Thanx Johnr.
Went in to Glasgow office to make a payment today, and asked if I could send in a cheque via Recoded Delivery, answer: Yes thats ok, but they dont send you out a receipt????

I like to have receipts for everything, hence why I'm travelling through each time to make payments

Fiona
hi, ref luggage allowance. i booked a holiday over the phone yesterday with direct holidays and asked about how much for extra luggage allowance and was told allowance was 20kg anyway. hope this is right
I too booked yesterday after calling Direct Holidays to check about luggage allowance.I was assured that it would be 20kgs.
They should be advertising the fact on the website as the extras like in-flight meals,extra luggage etc can make a difference when comparing prices.
hi dotchas, this was the main reason i rang to book instead of online as there was nowhere to add additional allowance or meals but was really surprised when she too assured me it was 20kg and meals included. when i first looked on the internet yesterday morning and it came up with a good price i thought that there would be extras added when you went thru the booking. went into my travel agents but they could not even get near that price but they too said probably other costs would be added. was really pleased then when we got a good deal with great flights. thats if they dont get changed as i have noticed on this forum a lot of people have had flight changes. roll on august
I had my tickets come on saturday and i have 20kgs baggage allowance which i was worried about also..I have meals included also which i did'nt know about so it came as a nice surprise...
caits06 wrote:
just booked last week with direct holidays, have used them before and all fine, phoned them today to check luggage allowance,was told this was now 15kg and to add extra 5kg will cost 30.00 per person !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :que

I just booked today online. On one part of their website it says baggage allowance can be 15kgs or 20kgs, but on another part it says 20kgs.

Called a Glasgow number to check and they said all DH packages have 20kgs baggage allowance. With the inflight meal also included we've got a bargain for going at New Year. :hyper
luci :wave
Direct Holidays have some bargains for Spring Bank Week (and free child places) :cheers .
Pity the company was not straight forward where payments etc is concerned
Hi Fiona, you can see from your bank statement whether the cheque has been cashed.
purgaluvva,

It's a issue with me that they do not issue invoices/receipts if you pay via cheque/P.O., In this day and age of electronic banking etc, one should be able to be sent a receipt for each payment made.

Also as DH is now flying under the Thomas Cook Umberella, and we have been issued Thomas cook reference numbers, we should be able to go into a Thomas Cook Branch to make payments. Maybe that would be too easy...

Fiona
Your lucky ... i have yet to receive a new ref no/letter from dh or tc..... Im sure i will when my balance is due............... :(
Haddy
Best way to get this is call in at Direct Holidays branch
I would have thought if they want to change flights references no's etc they should inform the customer and the customer not having to run after them. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.