Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
PANIC OVER!!! :tongue
my tickets arrived yesterday, 4 weeks before departure :wave:
Hi All

Finally received a letter from Direct Holidays confirming the change of flight times for my holiday in August. We have been aware that they would change since Sept/Oct time last year, which was when I queried the flights with them. At the time they told me I would get details of my amended flights shortly! So almost 6 months later I have at last received their official notification :think
Re the luggage allowance with DH the reason it states on their website 15kg or 20kg is that if you book in advance you will have 20kg, but if you do a late deal (I think within 2wks of date of travel) you only get 15kgs.

Andrea
I have one more payment to make to DH for holiday, then its a case of gathering the spending money, cant wait to go on holiday
fiona
Lucky you i have £900 quid to pay yet. :offtop Where you of to Fiona?
Hi Haddy
Flying from Glasgow to Monastir (Tunisia) on 15th June for 2 weeks
where are you going Haddy and when

Did you find the DH branch in Glasgow???

Fiona
Just off the phone to this bunch of no hopers, wanted to pay final instalment. and they said I was £200 more than what it should be. discovered that since making last payment 2 weeks ago in person, that branch has NOT notified accounts dept to deduct that payment off my balance. although they have it on the system that I made a payment.

Will this rubbish never end?
I just paid the balance of my low deposit last night by phone. I used http://www.saynoto0870.com and called the Glasgow number, starts 041, and they took the payment no problem. They emailed me a new invoice immediately with the balance updated.

luci :wave
you do know that there is a free phone number for MyTravel customer services?
This puts you through to the Scottish Office. Might take a while for answer, but hey its free!!
I booked my holiday on line a few months ago with no problems

Did try to pay it on line but did have a problem with that so phoned the Glasgow office girl took my details and I paid holiday. Within 10 minutes I received email confirmation.

Tickets arrived this morning for us departing on 15th May.
Website said 15kg allowance but tickets has 20kg :D

So I have to say the service I have received has been okay so far.

I have booked with DH since they started up years ago and never had a problem with them until they were taken over by Mytravel I just hope Thomas Cook gets its act together in the future and gives us the service that we pay for and deserve.

Lynn
Paid my holiday off on 19/04/08 and got my final invoice through the post today although I had to phone them twice for this!!!

Hope our tickets arrive ok, and in time for our holiday
fiona
Hi Fiona

I hope everything goes okay for your holiday from here on. You will need it after the hassle you have had :tup

Lynn
TICKETS CAME TODAYYYYYYYY :D:D

Will i have to take my invoice too?

Or just my tickets?
Hi Jamz

You should take your invoice with you as well. It said that in the email I got from DH

Lynn
Hi

Anyone who is looking to book a holiday through Direct Holidays for 2009 - their new brochure out states guaranteed free child places available but if you attempt to book your holiday on line their is a glitch with the system and you end up paying more as no free child places are offered.

Just a tip for anyone pricing for 09

Ali
If you phone DH on their direct phone lines not the 0871 ones you are getting the same price for 2009 as online but with free insurance added.

Sorry dont know about free child places.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn

Any idea of the telephone number ?

Ali x
Hi Ali5

Glasgow 0141 559 7000
Hiya Lynn

Your a STAR :) :)

Thank you

Ali x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.