Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi, managed to pay my holiday balance using the automated telephone system using my new reference no. Seems to have gone through okay, but what a long winded process! Waiting to see now how long it takes to get my updated invoice...just hope I don't end up having to chase it...again!
nicJW,
Don't be surprised if you have to chase the receipt. I did! took 2 weeks to get here too
fiona
I received new invoice from Direct Holidays in the post today after phoning them on the 4th for new reference No.

I just have to raid my piggy bank to pay the balance by the 25th of July :rofl :rofl

Lynn
Received my updated invoice yesterday after paying the balance on Thurs last week, pretty good I think...good customer service at last!
Hi

Having read the reviews on Direct holidays i have a bit of an issue with them.

I booked a holiday in Feb this year paying the low deposit. then due to financial commitments we could not go. I never rang the company to cancel the holiday i just left it, i have not recieved one letter from direct asking me to pay the outstanding balance at all. We were due to go away on the 25th of this month. Then yesterday i recievd the flight tickets for this holiday. Does anyone know if these will be valid as i thought that you only recieved the tickets once the holiday was paid in full as i say i have recieved no other corrispondance from direct only the first invoice.

Thanks
Hi Dor324

Sorry I cant advise you on what to do about tickets, but I looked up terms and conditions on my invoice, which you would have ticked as agreeing to so booking could go through.

According to DH Terms & condition you should have let them know by signed instruction that you were cancelling your holiday.

It also states that once transport tickets have been printed you will be due 100% cost

As you did not write to cancel your holiday, you could be liable to pay for the whole holiday cost.

Lynn
you do not normally receive your tickets until you have paid your final balance!!!

I don't know what to suggest, you could turn up at the airport and find that they will ask you for the balance which you could then argue the toss about, or they may just think you have paid.

I really don't know. but it is not the norm.

Ola
Go to the airport and if they ask for the cash, just argue it out!

If you end up getting a bill later, then make arrangments to pay in instalments, it's not your fault that they have a bunch of fools working for them!
Fiona
I may be wrong but don't you have to take your invoice with you too showing that the balance has been paid?
There's no law saying you have to take your invoice with you. If they've issued tickets, I doubt that you'd be confronted with a 'bill' at the airport. You've got two options as far as I can see, turn up, take off and they just may catch up with you at some point. Or, you could try to ring them now, best of luck with that one though (I've waited more than 20 minutes, before giving up, on a premium rate number). If you manage to get through, tell them you wrote to them on such and such a date cancelling the holiday (it's your word against theirs).

If you do decide to take the holiday, they could potentially have a claim against you as they could prove that you had never paid for the holiday and you couldn't prove that you had! I'm guessing that in a court of law, if you phoned them at this stage and managed to get through to them, telling them you'd cancelled it x months ago, you'd win. However, if you take the holiday, they can prove you did so with the intent to commit f.....raud.

Either way, it's a gamble. If you can't afford the holiday and it's associated costs, don't go. If you can, worth a punt in my opinion.
From my last post I notice there is a problem with the word 'f.r.a.u.d'.............. Why is the word filtered? :(
Depending on the context that the word is used, it may be construed as libel on the forums. That is why it is filtered.

luci :wave
Thank you all for your replys I e-mailed direct just put my booking reference and asked them to confirm my flight times they repley back with them and never mentioned anything else. At the moment i am just very puzzled
Hiya,

I've just registered with this site and I just wanted to say I've received tickets from Direct holidays to fly on 21st June and I have only paid my deposit too!

My partner broke his leg so we were going to cancel but I didn't get around to it. I've called my airport and spoken to my carrier helpdesk and they confirmed the booking on the phone. I've also called my hotel and they confirmed my room has been booked AND paid for.

I've been in two minds whether to go as it was originally for my son aswell and me and my partner.

After talking to a few people and trying to get advice, I'm thinking of risking it and arguing my point at the airport.

Not once has anyone I've called to confirm the hol with has said anything apart from it's booked!!
provided he has a fit to fly letter from his doctor, then why not go.. you should in most resorts be able [if nessasary b to hire a wheel chair] if you take him you will get priority boarding
He just doesn't like the idea of being so hot and bothered especially with a cast on and crutches.

I secretely think me and my son will be better off going it alone!!

I need some peace!
I think there will be a few cases like this cropping up with people getting tickets without paying,
Since Thomas Cook have taken DH over they changed their payment systems and booking references which has caused a lot of confussion with their bookings.

I'm just wondering if I should pay my balance or see if I can get a free holiday as well :rofl

Lynn
It maybe that a few slipped through the net and as they block book some holidays it was automatically done with the other customers on the same holiday?

I'm definately going to take the risk anyway, I'll let you know what happens!
Hi all i have paid my balance on my holiday and was told in the Dh office in Belfast that my holiday balance was zero after paying the balance i received a letter a few days later saying i still owe £75. :rage
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.