Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
dont know if this is the right place to post hoping someone can help me
due to all this airlines going down i would like some info please
i have booked a package holiday for my family through direct holidays
flying with british midland paid holiday with a debit card
if bm went down am i right in thinking i would get refund from to direct holidays
thanks
Does anyone have an email address for Direct Holidays? I have searched this topic, but can't find one.

luci :wave
To answer my own question, I found the Direct Holidays email address in our Complaints forum

customer.relations@direct-holidays.co.uk

Bestfriend

My understanding is that as you have booked a package the whole package will be covered including the flights.

I have just read their site and they are ATOL bonded and also part of the Thomas Cook group.

HTH

Have booked a holiday with direct holidays and got a quote of £2232 for 2 weeks at royal wings in Lara Beach for 2 weeks (2 adults + 1 child), went through the booking pages and entered all the details paid the £93 deposit. When I got the confirmation email it said "balance now £2709". Upon checking back because my daughter is 13 when we return they have changed the quote price on the booking to £2808. As I had a quote I did not check the price on the right hand side when I entered the payment details, I am not best pleased as there was nothing saying the price had gone up by £600.

Have contacted them and they have basically said tough luck, I can cancel but only if I pay another £177, and stuck with no choice now but to re-book another holiday to another destination that I don't want, any advice would be good, I have spoken to Thomas cook and they have been as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Regards

Ron
I think you will find in most hotels children are charged as adults from the age of 13. (Well mine have been) So I am not sure you will be able to do anything about it.

Did you not realise it was going to be your daughters 13th Birthday whilst you were on holiday ?

You admit yourself you did not bother to check the details before you pressed pay, I'm not sure how you are going to get out of this one unless you pay the cancellation fee.

Websites will always adjust prices once you put in a date of birth, if you have incorrectly assumed a child price when it should be an adult price they will change price accordingly.

If you do a phone booking a phone consultant always asked for the child's DOB on return date of travel.

Sorry, I don't suppose this is what you want to hear. :(
Thanks for the reply, have had to re-book to go in June so she is 12 upon return has dropped the holiday by £700, had to pay a £30 per person fee(£90 total) to change the dates.... is this correct or is it meant to be £30 per holiday, its unclear in the brochure it just says £30 to change dates.

Thanks

Ron
Child ages vary with different Tour Operators, but 12 is claased as an adult with some.

The price to make any amendments is normally per person Ron, so I think it was correct.

Kath x
Thanks Kath,

Just a word of warning for people trying to book with Direct Holidays, when Direct called me to change dates he tried to add £170 on to the holiday by quoting me different prices for the 2 weeks that I had booked, luckily I had saved the quote in a word document as soon as I told him it should be £2071 not £2241 he ammended it by £170, not certain if they are on a percentage of what bookings they take, he appered to by absolutley clueless. Just a matter of standing your ground.

Regards

Ron
Not normally on a percentage, but are usually paid on head count. Sometimes as little as £1 per head, although that could have changed.

Kath x
I did notice this with direct when I made my booking recently and I would agree their system is not very clear .

The search on the first page asks you how many children 2-16 but doesnt go on to prompt you to give exact ages .When it gives you the hotel selections each hotel has details of what age child prices go to . most of them 12 , but at no point along the process does the system ask you for exact ages etc like other sites and it isnt until you go on to do the final booking that the system asks you these questions and alters the prices accordingly on the left or right side .

I was lucky in that I had spotted it along the way but can see how easily it can be missed.

lyn
The other thing with direct holidays site, if you are booking a apartment and sometimes it cheaper to put a child in as a adult, when you come to the D.O.B on the child it comes up with a message telling you there is a error adult D.O.B is wrong. You have to put a child in as a child.
Just to add be careful if pricing up a family holiday on their website because the price it shows often doesn't include the free child place, plus their system also allocates too many rooms, therefore costing a lot more. When I was getting quotes for my 2009 holiday for 2 ad and 2 ch the apartments I wanted came up at £2768. This was for 2 x 1 bed apartment and didn't give an option to change to 1 x 1 bed despite the property description page stating the rooms slept up to 3 ad and 1 ch. The internet price also charged me for both children. I ended up booking over the phone and got a free ch place with the four of us in a 1 bed apartment for £1890. So I'd advise anyone thinking of booking on the net to qive them a quick call to check the price.
ronaldbiggs wrote:
Thanks for the reply, have had to re-book to go in June so she is 12 upon return has dropped the holiday by £700, had to pay a £30 per person fee(£90 total) to change the dates.... is this correct or is it meant to be £30 per holiday, its unclear in the brochure it just says £30 to change dates.

Thanks

Ron

Definately think that is the best plan. Might as well make the most of the child hotel prices while you can.

As a rule of thumb, hotel child prices go up to and including age 12 and self catering apartments up to and including age 16 (sometimes 18)

You do get the odd exception with hotels where they take 13 and 14 year olds as children when sharing a family room with parents (but beware as sometimes they put on a family room supplement which cancel out any child price saving), but these are few and far between and much sought after so tend to book out quickly.

June's a nice time to go on holiday, but I cant take my kids out of school. Although I know the day will come when I can go back to holidaying in June and September. :)
hi want to call direct holidays to discuss booking for 09 however its 10p a minute does anyone have a free phone number for them
many thanks
Hi

Direct Holidays 0871 644 7560 local rate number 01324 565295 Customer Support

DIRECT HOLIDAYS 08716647944 local rate number 01274384658

Direct Holidays 08716647560 local rate number 01415597112 Ticketing Department

Direct Holidays 08716647985 local rate number 01415597000 Current number from website

All above were taken from "say no to 0870" just search in google

Regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.