Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I think your only option is to ring again and insist they send you the invoice, be sure to take the name of the person you speak to and ask what date you will receive it.
Be very firm but polite.
Has anyone had an e-mail from Direct Holidays with offers that include guaranteed savings of £150.00 per booking, low deposits of just £30.00 and free premium upgrades. Yes FREE!!! Great offers if you have'nt booked your long haul holiday for 2009 yet. Terms and Conditions apply.
Does anyone know when Direct Holidays winter 2009/10 holidays will be on sale?
Hi,
They are on their website now up until the end of April 2010.

Angie.
Thanks for your reply Angie. I have just tried the website and I appears only to be taking bookings for long haul destinations. I am interested in the Canary Islands and it seems to be taking bookings only till October 09.
Coyote
I have just tried and yes you are correct long haul can be booked but Canaries only up until October 09. :que
Received leaflet from Direct Holidays telling me 2009/10 winter holidays will be on sale on 8 January. New brochure will be issued and holidays put on line on that date.
does anyone know the email address for customer services at direct holidays, thanks

Edit to say i found it thanks
It would appear from their website that the address for Direct Holidays is now - customer.relations@thomascook.com
Booked to fly to the sunrise royal feb 09.

the price quoted was 488.00 AI .. we got to the booking page, added the credit card charge & the booking fee or whatever, then the final price came, everything was fine, until we split it between the 6 people travelling, 576.00 the holiday was now pp.

We cannot possibly change as the holiday is only 37 days away!

Just to make sure, BE AWARE! we are really shocked at the price of this holiday, if we would have known it would be this much, we will not have booked!
i booked on line before these so called sales started, and going to gran canaria for 2 weeks (two adults 2 kids s/c) price is £1,500 the same holiday in the sales they want £1850!!! :yikes
I booked back in October for Easter this year. I thought we had a bargain. A week's SC for 2 adults £545. When I checked last week the cost had gone up to £884 :really
Only just found out today, 29 days before we were due to travel, one of my party has decided that they dont want to go. What shall we do? could we take another member of our family, and then get a name chage at the airport, i am really fustrated at the moment, any replies would be helpful.

Thanks jamz1107.
I think you could find another person and they would charge you a nominal fee to change the name, but I dont think I would leave it until I got to the airport to tell them, I would try and sort it out now, so that the tickets can be printed in the right name.

Hope you havent been left out of pocket.
does anyone know if direct holidays will except thomas cook holiday vouchers as part payment towards my already book hoilday? seen as they are part of the same company
I changed a name on the booking yesterday and I have my new invoice come charging me an extra £300, I phoned DH up and somebody is looking into it. Suppose I didn't check it would of been a nice easy £300 for them. :banghead:
Anybody wants a geographical for direct holidays here it is 01274384658
I am sick to death of direct holidays and would not use them ever again!
First after booking it took many calls to get my invoice!
I wanted to ammend to a different hotel and nearly 2 weeks later and about £11 in call to them,( I have checked my on line BT bill) I am still not any nearer!
I am fed up of waiting for the promised call back !!
Lastest was this morning that the computers are down and they cannot access anything!!
Sorry just having a rant to make me feel better!!
Well after my little rant earlier everything has been sorted and I can look forward to my holiday now! I finally got someone who took notice and acted quickly!! Fingers crossed it will be okay now!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.