Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I got my problem sorted out, DH gave a larger discount to bring the price back to what it should be. Now wait for the invoice to confirm it.
NicJW
Glad to hear that,I still think they have charged to much and hope that they have booked the right room etc but like with can't think of it is the invoice that will put my mind at rest! thanks though and nice to know you had a good experience and felt confident to book again with them! The thing is they are very competitive on price!
Can't think of
Nice to hear that you got a result!
I think most of the problems are down to the merger, they are going to have a new computer system up and running soon. My problem was down to the computer deciding to give the price if I had booked that day, instead of the price back in may last year.
We are a group of 4 adults going to Benidorm on the 4th April, staying at the Levante Club apartments. I paid the balance of the holiday last night & have received confirmation this morning. However in small print on the invoice it says that there is no longer a restaurant or evening entertainment there. This isn't a big issue to us, but we would probably have had breakfast there. However these are 2 major issues for many people. I would have thought that we should have been informed of these changes earlier, not just slipping the information in on the final invoice, after payment has been made. What do you think?
Helen

I'm sure this will be classed as a minor change and under their terms and conditions they won't be prepared to do anything.
There's loads of cheap places for breakfast in Beni so I wouldn't let this upset you.

Have a fabulous time... Caz
It won't bother us at all Caz, as we're healthy and mobile and all adults. If I had kids I'd be p**d off though, because when mine were small they used to enjoy the hotel entertainment.
I think this is quite cheeky Helen. Telling people after then have paid the full balance.
As you say it doesn't bother you but it may bother some. I had exactly the same theng with a Portland Holiday. The moment I paid the balance they told me about the building work going on at the hotel. :roll: I knew about this at the time of booking and it didnt bother me, but it may well have bothered a lot of other people.

I beleive its done deliberately to make it more difficult for people to pull-out of the holiday.
If you arrived at the hotel and the facilities weren't available you could claim some money back for loss of facilities and I would consider it a major change because as you say helen if you had kids with you it would bothered you. I would still ask for compensation for the loss of facilities what was advertised in the brochure.
Hi. I don't think there'll be any point complaining as their website covers them by stating, all facilities may not be available at certain times of the year. Now I think that's cheeky, does that leave them in a position to not open the pool, bar, restaurant etc, etc. That wording could mean that all they need to provide is the room :think

Double checked the website Helen and there is no mention of a restaurant anyway. Strange thing is - under the heading of "what's included" it says 15kg of luggage, an extra charge for up to 5kg more. Also, it says extra charge for resort transfers and in-flight meals. Yet, my invoice says 20kg luggage, resort transfers and in-flight meals included :really
Shirley

You saying 15KG of luggage I checked my holiday flight and it says 20KG, I did see the 15KG under your apartment. It must be the slow move over to come in line with TC luggage allowance of 15KG. I think TC are the experts of making money. A short, mediumor long hual it costs no more to reserve your seat or sit together, but TC has manged to extra for medium hual and even more for long hual. There used to be short hual and long hual and it must of been very profitable for the tour ops to invent medium hual.
They're very clever with their wording. If the website says all facilities may not be open at certain times of the year - fair enough, but my invoice says
Restaurant no longer available & Evening entertainment is No Longer provided
To me no longer available isn't the same as not open.
Quite right Helen. I see where you're coming from. As for the restaurant though, they could argue that there was no restaurant ever mentioned under their property details on their website, although in telling you it's no longer available (on your invoice) it's admitting it was available at some time :que

Can't think of a username - Eventhough the info on the website states 15kg, I'm not going to worry if it's closer to 20 as I will have the invoice on me, stating that I'm entitled to 20KG. As far as I'm concerned they can't chop and change as they like, if I've got it in print, that's that! ;)
Direct Holidays has a 20kgs allowance and Thomas Cook has 15kgs.

luci :wave
just checking on the above the direct holidays says 20 kilo is that hold luggage or hand and hold combined
20kgs hold plus 5 kgs hand.

luci :wave
Yes definitely 20kgs hold plus 5kg hand. The info on the levante club apts (where we're staying) states that only 15kg is included. I found this out, when I clicked on "what's included", once on the property details page. This was on the DH website :que
Anyway my invoice states otherwise so I'm going by that. Hopefully, I'll be well under as we're only going for a week. We're having to manage on 15kg's for 2 weeks in the summer, as we're going with TC :duh
All this confusion concerning DH and TC allowances is a right pain.
Looking on the website be it DH or TC its a case of choosing the best price ie does it include "flight meals, full allowance" etc.
DH include "these" TC don't, but may be a cheaper option, but not always.
You can usually see which Tour Operator you are booking with by the deposit amount wanted, it's a case of sussing out who you are booking through as both websites sell DH and TC holidays. :que
does anyone know the correct postal address for direct holidays to send a letter of complaint about my upcoming holiday, ive booked the flamingo oasis for end of june and everytime i phone in regards to it i am being told a different story, im goiing to this hotel ,im not going , they cant make their minds up , so now want everything in writing from them , will never ever book with them again, thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.