Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
You havnt canelled though have you cant ??? . Thats what I mean about everyone told differently. It makes no sense . Did you book yours over the phone or online .Mine was done online . sorry no didnt print off the T+C but I know we booked around the same time .

lyn
Hi Can't, although I don't have a print out of the on line T&C, I have the Summer 2009 'Preview' brochure for April-October 09 so assume the same would apply. On the first page of this brochure there's a paragraph (smallprint) that reads:

"Important Information. Conditions apply May to October 2009

Low Deposit: £30 per person deposit available on all bookings made on or before 31 May 2008. Then the balance of the full deposit must be paid 8 weeks after booking. In the event of cancellation, the full deposit must be paid. Normal deposit is £120 excluding silver insurance."

I do recall checking the online T&C also and the same was quoted.

Hope this helps but I suspect not what you were hoping for.
Important Information. Conditions apply May to October 2009

Maybe thats why I havnt been asked to pay the deposit remainder as ours was booked 19th April.

Is this your booking for the Hemera cant . I thought you booked before me :think
ps .sorry stupid me that means dates of travel doesnt it .
lyn

I haven't cancelled but paid thye rest of the deposit and I know there was nothing in the only line T&C when I booked and there was not link to a T&C on the £30 deposit. On the DH web site it had T&C at the bottom and now it has terms of use with a link to the T&C and in the terms of use suddenly appeared all the info about low deposits and they have to be paid after 8 weeks of booking.

Why did invoices go out showing a balance payable in june what included any extra deposit, I spoke to legal advice line who told me because the final figure included the any second part of the deposit DT and TC had changed the T&C of the booking after the booking was made. Basically they are saying your deposit is only £30 pp in full.

I paid it because to book a hotel to side as the same quality cost me an extra £2000 easily.

I booked on the 12th may.
sounds a nightmare cant . I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

I'm now expecting a letter to drop on my mat.
Lynn

Its not a problem but it annoys me when these big companies change their T&C and know you can't or its unlikely you can prove they have changed it. They think they can just push you around.

My holiday is safe. TC have really upped the prices today, hotels what were under £4000 when I booked are over £6000 now.
Not sure if I@ve mentioned this before. Although we only paid £30 pp dep in Sept and nothing more until the balance a couple of weeks ago (we fly in April), I do recall seeing somewhere on the web page, in quite large print that this deposit was a SPecial Offer if booked at that time.
Yes I do remember seeing that at the time I booked shirley but still not sure if it was relevant to not paying the top-up :think
My mate booked after me and he cancelled 2 people off his booking and was not charged any extra deposit charge and his booking for 3 in 1 room came in cheaper than mine even though mine was cheaper than his at the time of booking. I am confused. He never got a letter saying he has to pay the rest of the deposit, he got a email saying he doesn't have to pay anything until the final balance is due on the 9th june, the same date as me.
Can you pay online for the rest of your holiday payments? As I hve booked mine with thomas cook, my son has booked his the same holiday with direct holidays, his not recieved his invoice yet. Just wondering as I can pay for my in instalments online, and as they have joined up together. There is not any payment on direct website but there is on thomas cook.
You can with TC but no online payments with DH.
wouldnt you beable to use thomas cook as my holiday is with direct holidays but I booked it with thomas cook, just wondered if it would accept it.
If you have booked on TC website, then yes you can pay online even if it is a Direct holiday.
They will send you an invoice with a ref. number so you can access your booking, and make payments online.
No my son booked his on direct holidays website.
Shamus, Sorry, he will have to phone then.
Hi Shamus,
Caz is correct. I booked mine on the DH website and although they take your initial deposit on-line, no further payments can be made on-line. He'll have to do this over the phone. OUt of curiosity, when did he book? When you say he hasn't had his invoice, do you mean he hasn't received the original by e-mail, shortly after booking?
Hi shirley he recieved email confirming booking, but has not recieved invoice which stated in email would recieve within two days attached to email. My son phoned them yesterday and was told he will recieve it in the post.
I hope they're more efficient than they were with me. I have eventually received my receipt.
If you ring this number 01706 742000 and ask for DH customer services you will be able to pay by phone with phoning the 0871 number
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.