Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
been on the phone as a new customer and they will give me a free child place for my dates, then i re rung as myself lol, and they have to send an email to another department for them to get back in touch reguarding changing the dates. :que

oh by the way the none hight rate telephone number for direct holidays as changed from (0141 559 7000)

this is the new one, (0844 800 7576) phoned twice today got through to them within 3 minutes :)
On inquiring about a holiday I used 01274384658 and got through staight way.This number comes free with my phone package. :)
tried that bradford number yesterday, and then they said i they would give me another number as they can not deal with me, gave me the high rate number cheecky beggers
Littlelegs phone them again and record what they say if you were a new customer, ask if that is at todays date to prove the day you phoned up. Try and talk to thomas cook admin and you might get a better response.

Try this number and ask for Anthea, she helped me sort out a problem, its a different department to the admin department. 01706742781 its hard to get somebody to pick up so it might take some time getting through.

Here is thomas cook switchboard 01706 742000
many thanks i will post a reult, that way it gives anyone else in the same situtation some sort of idea what to do or expect in the future :tup
well just been fobbed off, i picked a date and got a good price even with the fees and no child price. and direct said i can not have the internet price as they will not match it!!!!! plus no free child places are with this holiday, (although yestarday was a diffrent story) they wanted £211 more than the internet price the on line discount price that it said was only £80. once you have booked with them they have you in the net. so ive no choice now but to see work and try my best to re arrange my course. as i will not bow down to direct
Hi LL . I hope you've managed to sort this now but I had to make a change recently to our holiday . Needed to take a passenger off . Rang the 012744384658 number that mike (Cant think of user name) has given and they put me through to customer services who started giving me suggestions of admin charges etc etc and scaring me with completely different costings . anyway they couldnt deal with it and would have to get the administration dept to ring me in 24 hours time . Asked if they could just put me through and was told No they have a 24 hr turnaround and customer services would give them the info and then they (admin) would get back to me with a new quote .

I'm a very impatient person so not to be put off rang the administration myself who sorted it over the phone straight away with just a small admin charge of £25 and we didnt loose the deposit already paid for the passenger . And yes they were thomas cook admin . much better service than Customer services at direct . I never did get that promised phone call. I think this is the direct number 0871 2302399 but if you ring that other number to avoid the 0871 charge they will put you through .

lyn
My son still hasnt recieved correct invoice with amount owing, Wrote to them 2 weeks ago and not had a reply.Is there still other people having this problem with incorrect balance? Was wondering when he pays the full amount are they still gong to say money oweing, what can he do about this?
ive sorted my hubbys course out at work now, so we are keeping our original dates. but i thought at first direct holidays was good. but now will be my last time i will book through them. i need to talk face to face with my tour operater next time
hai littlelegs did you book online? have you had problems with your payments being wrong?
I saved loads of money compared to the other tour ops for the hemera and the cost is more important because it means I can afford hotels what I wouldn't be able to afford with tour ops my present booking would of cost me £1300+ with other tour ops and thats not a small amount of money. Little legs I am sure if you booked your holiday with another tour op for the same accommodation it would of been a lot more.

Booking with other tour ops its either on line or through a travel agent, if you need to make change the travel will have to do the same and get on the phone to the tour op.

I seem able to get what I want done when I deal with people, my mates say I tried what you done and they wouldn't have it. The tour ops when I want to make a change I always get it for free. My mate said to me cancel my holiday and pretend you are me because you will get it cancel without them asking for the rest of the deposit, when I phoned up they said I will have to pay the rest of the deposit but by the end of the call they cancelled the holiday not wanting any extra. My mate said thats why I asked to you to cancel the holiday for me.

Shamus I would of had your invoice problem sorted ages ago.
in short to change my dates direct told me to cancel my holiday and lose my full deposit. and then re book to get the internet price for my new dates. i would loose nearly £600 if i did it that way
One of the mods is having a lot of trouble with first choice so its not only direct holidays people have problems with its with every holiday company, I know that so I am only interested in the price and the best price I can get, the best was with DH, fore the holidays I booked cost £4000 with DH and thomsons wanted £6500 as did portland, thomas cook wanted £5300. If people want to throw money away go and book with one of the more expensive tour ops and somebody will have problems with the tour op they book with. Look at the amount of have no problems with DH and travel with them year after year.

The mod say never again with first choice I will book via an travel agent and let them have the stress
Hi all, just a quick question for those who have used Direct Holidays in the past. I paid my holiday off Monday night, can I expect a receipt to follow or do I have to ask for one? Just wondering as my mum paid her holida off with Thomas Cook well over a month ago and still hasnt received a receipt.
HI. I tend to agree with 'can't think of a user name'. With regards to service they are all much of a likeness. All TO's have satisfied and unsatisfied customers so personaly I book with whoever comes out cheapest and at the moment for me Direct Hols win. Been with them twice in the past and although this Easter I did have a couple of minor issues with them before I went, it all worked out in the end and we had a great holiday. I've been pricing up some hols for youngest son to go to Rhodes in June and DH have again come up trumps. He booked with them last night-under £500 week AI (package incl transfers) 4* hotel. SOme of the other quotes were up over £600 :yikes and some of those were supposed to be cheap holiday websites.

As for receiving the invoice. I did get some probs for a while but eventually spoke to a very helpful lady who put it in the post for me there and then. I would chace them up because it does advise that you take the invoice away with you. Good Luck!
Hi all, just a quick question for those who have used Direct Holidays in the past. I paid my holiday off Monday night, can I expect a receipt to follow or do I have to ask for one? Just wondering as my mum paid her holida off with Thomas Cook well over a month ago and still hasnt received a receipt.

I paid my Direct Holidays bill a couple of days ago and got and Email confirmation invoice confirming "All Monies Paid" within about 4 hours!!
Have to admit I did cheat a little and I did not use their rip-off 871 number.
I used the old number 0844 8007 576 which has an automated system, answers immediately and costs only 5p a minute instead of 10p a minute.

However.....I think that Thomas Cook have been having some problems with their invoicing systems, when I paid my (minimum) deposit on a different holiday booked with Direct Holidays for next year, I was sent an invoice which claimed I hadn't paid anything at all. I immediately Emailed them and (after four days) got an Email reply (no corrected invoice though) from them admitting that they had some problems - but that they would "soon" send a corrected invoice.
That was on 9th March - nothing ever did arrive - but today I got a phone call from somebody at Thomas Cook looking for payment of the "top-up" for the deposit. Still no proper invoice though.
I do know I have to pay the top-up -no problem - but I reckon that they really should get their systems sorted out to provide proper documentation reliably to all customers.
Just looking on DH site under quote and it has a box to uncheck meals and extra 5KG of extra luggage and the price will reduce. Looks like no extra for in flight meals and 20KG of luggage has finished with DH and now the inflight meal and 20KG of luggage are added as an extra included in the quote. TC all over, and it makes me wonder if the good DH early booking prices won't that good anymore and be line with TC web prices if booking with TC. We will find out in a couple of months time.
Anybody wanting to the balance on their holiday can call 01274384658, Just paid part of mine using this number, no need to use the automative system and no money wasted on a 0871 number. Puts you through to thomas cook customer services or direct holiday customer services.
Paid all the balance on 2 holidays today and updated invoice have been emailed to me already, I have had nothing but good service so far. The only thing I was unhappy about was being asked to pay the rest of the deposit before the due balance on my invoice what said 9 June.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.