Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi :wave:

Anyone know how prompt Direct holidays are with their tickets . Leaving 4 weeks sunday . No sign of them yet

Like most companies around the 10-14 days before departure, I have used them for years and never had a problem with tickets not arriving.

Have a great holiday :cheers
Graham
Thanks Graham . Did read that on their website . I'm Probably just a little sensitive about tickets this time as my last lot didnt show up . Always seemed to have had them very early but it's been a long time since I've used TC

I won't panic just yet then :)
I won't panic just yet then

Wait until tomorrow :D
Booked a package hol with Direct Holidays but it is a flyglobespan flight Direct Holidays are using. Question is do we check in at flyglobespan desk or Direct Holidays (Thomas Cook) desk?? :que
for info on globespan please refer to the fly globespan in the flights forum, but you will need to check in at the airlines desk

wizard
jmcd
Refer to the departures screens at the airport where it will tell you what check-in desk to use for your particular flight number.
Work this one out with direct holidays, the price in the hemera apartments 3 adults and 1 child £2626 paying for the first child, over the phone with a free child £2725. I thought DH phone and web prices are the same, but apparently not and you can't get a free child booking on line. Crazy.
Mike you should be able to get another £50 each off over the phone without too much trouble . They call it a "clincher discount ".
Lynn

I then got cut off, call must of cost £2 at least. I was looking at the royal dragon, web £3052 10 nts, phone £3180, go through quidco and the web price comes down to £2990, if they took £50 off each to bring the cost down to £2800 I would book it. Lyn it seems a lot of the people answering for DH are home workers, much rather it was call centre because you can go and talk to your manager.
Mike I did ring twice over the period of a week for a price on the same hotel . In Both instances I told the ladies the amount I would be willing to go which was a price I had previously got online before the on-line discount was reduced .In both instances they went away to check and rang me back within 10 minutes . The first time she offered me the extra £50 off per person but it was still too high . I rang again a week later because the price had come down on the internet and thought i would see if they could stil do the extra £50 per person off . They agreed so I booked but you need to be specific as to what you are willing to pay . Within reason just say you need to get this price down a bit and you would be wiling to book .
I will try that lyn say around £2800 and see what they come back with.

Lyn had your tickets yet, I got mine a week ago 3 and half weeks before we go.
Yep got the tickets Mike :)

I think if they know you are serious about making a booking you should get the extra discount .
lyn I tried and not a penny off, even asked his manager, well said he did. I will try again, it might be the week end coming up but £2990 via quidco is still good because first choice wants £4700 for 11 nts for a 4 bedded room and with DH its a suit.
Thats a shame Mike. :(

still sounds a good price to me but this isnt peak time is it ?
Lyn

DH site playing up, keep on getting errors on the page, really p,ing off.
This is a new one, direct holidays experience holidays.

Coral Beach Tiran

Sharm, egypt

Here what you get. Guaranteed Sea View room, priority drop off, sunshine guaranteed, if it rains they will give you a £50 voucher off your next DH holiday, this hotel is at the red sea and what are chances of rain, dedicated reps based at the hotel, learn cookery and other things, freebies for the kids and a beach bag for the adults.

I wonder if they will do the sunshine guarantee for somewhere like majorca or is it only for arid dessert regions.
We were in Sharm last year and it rained for several days so they may well get caught out :sun2
weve just booked with direct holidays and got a cracking deal for next year. i saw the holiday we wanted and proceeded to book it online. (happy with the price advertised) i couldnt find any info about the luggage allowance so i phoned them up to enquire. whilst on the phone the agent said he would check the prices 'live'. he came back with a price £150 cheaper than advertised - brilliant.

i had noticed that Thomas cook had free child places to this property so i thought id ask. 'yes sir no problem we have a childs place' was his answer, another £300 off the price - woo hoo!! (couldnt find it online though)

My advice would be to phone them up for a 'live' price and you could get a bargain!!

When i received my info, i have been charged for 'your seat, your choice' so i could have saved a further £42. Does anyone know how this service works?
Take a look at this link.

http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/yourseat_yourchoice.asp

What DH are charging is half the price it normally costs, you chose the seat you want on the aircraft.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.