Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi shirley the automated service did say cost of holiday first then outstanding balance the same.
I could do with some advice from Direct Holidays customers.

The holiday I want to book is £50 cheaper on Direct Holidays site than Thomas Cooks site.

TC are refusing the price match.

How good are DH? I've had a quick read of some reviews and the customer service doesn't seem to be up to much. I'm a bit concerned at paying £1500 over the phone/internet anyway and am wondering whether it may be worth just paying that extra £50 and going with TC.

What would you do??
I wish my son had booked his with thomas cook like me, as you can pay online and print off all receipts. I know people are having these problems with direct holidays, but so far they do seem to get it right in the end. Saying that for the extra £50 I would book with thomas cook, keep checking the website as prices go up and down often.
Hi hcafc_laura :wave:

I have personally gone with DH many times and never had a problem and found their customer service to be excellent.
However this where it starts to get a bit confusing, since the merger (take over) by Thomas Cook when phoning DH it is now a bit of a lottery which call centre you go through too, if you end up at the TC call centre they are a nightmare, long cues and very often less than helpful operators, however if you get through to a DH operator it is a different story completely.

As a matter of fact I am just going to book a holiday with DH and have no concerns about it.

Graham
Have they got an email address, as I have tried a few times but just kept hanging on. I cant afford to keep wasting money if I dont get through to speak to someone. As Ive said before my son has recieved 2 invoice both with nothing being paid on them.
My mum's had problems with getting no receipts from TC. She's paid the full thing off on the phone and no received anything, seems they're all as bad as each other :(
Shamus I gave you a number to call and ask for DH customer services, I have phoned the number many times and got through within a minute or two.

If any want a none 0871 number look further back on this thread and you will see the number I posted or go to say not to 0870 numbers and put thomas cook and you will get long list of numbers but finding the right one isnt easy.
Hi cant I used that number first and the lady I spoke to put me through to an automated sevice which youy can only pay thomas cook bookings as they ask for a longer reference number like my own booked with them, to be honest she didnt seem to know what she was doing. I will write a letter and wait patiently for a responce. The only thing I worry about is really having no correct invoices.
I ended up booking with Direct Holidays. The lady was really helpful, even when the telephone ran out of charge half way through the conversation, cut her off, and she ended up ringing me back from her mobile :rofl
My son recieved email confirming payment made using automated system, but still incorrect still no deposit displayed, so I have emailed them awaiting reply, not prepared to phone and waste another lot of money.
Shamus, could you give me the email address you've got please? I'm slightly concerned that when I enter my reference code on the Thomas Cook seat booking site it says we're leaving from Belfast, when it should be Manchester.
Hi laura the email address I used is customer.relations@thomascook.com.
i booked with direct rather than thomas cook, firstly it was £150 cheaper, (i did try to price match but thomas cook have very deep pockets and said no) and i got the luggage allowance of 20 kilos instaed of thomas cooks 15 kilos, up to press ive had no problems, even sent them £650 worth of holiday vouchers off to them towards the cost of my holiday. and now they have replied with new invoice including the deduction of the £650.
just been banging my head on a brick wall with direct this morning on the phone (45 minutes trying to get them to pick up first) book to go with them in september. but my partners works is putting him through a hgv course starting at the same time. so of course this is really important for him to go on this course as its our future so to speak. looked at other dates to go (same aprtments ect) all that would change was the dates. found one on 1st of june. and it was cheaper by £250 thought that would be great ok i thought yes i would have to pay for the change £30 per person, but that would still work out a bit cheaper. and if they also give me a free child place like the one ive already got i would be well in pocket.

anyway gave them the dates and they said its comming up as a late deal on there system and it would be dearer. i told him on your web site its not comming up as a late deal and is showing a lot less. he told me the "Computer said no" i asked him to re check as the infomation is in front of my eyes on YOUR web site. same reply "Computer said no" then low and behold my cordless telephone went dead on me.

now seeking valium for the weekend.

quick question when i do eventually get back in touch. and if i do change dates. i paid an extra £60 on top of my original holiday for better flight times. . would direct take that money into account on my new dates. or what will happen to that money as i will not be using them flight times anymore.

many thanks in advance :tup
Have you only paid the deposit at this stage? If you have then you won't have paid the extra yet or am I misunderstanding you? They should just transfer what you've actually paid up until now onto the new booking and then add any fees to transfer.

Have you tried phoning them to enquire about a new booking...by that I mean don't tell them initially that you want to amend a holiday that you've already booked, just pretend it's a complete new booking and see what they say. Worth a try?
ive already piad most of the holiday i only owe them £365, pending if i get a free child place on these new dates they will owe me money back, even with the the fees taken off
Well I hope you get something sorted, my advice with regard telephoning them is to try bang on 9.00 am when their lines open, I've found you can usually get through quicker then. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
going to get a price check like said as a new customer. to see if there is any child free places first. then i will have some sort of ammo when a re ring. note to sure where i will stand on the extra £60 ive paid for the better flight times though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.