Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Booked a 2 week holiday with d/h a few weeks ago, checked the price with d/h today and the holiday i booked is now £178.00 cheaper,was given customer services no to phone, phoned them and was told by a very rude customer service member off staff nothing they could do. Does anyone know different or could anyone advice me where i stand with them. :cheers Haddy.
  • Edited by Haddy3 2009-07-25 01:31:49
with ref to your holiday price going down in price that can happen why are you checking price of it now you were happy to book holiday and pay the price so look forward to the holiday ,i booked holiday for next year and mine has gone up £600 it can work both ways am i going to ring travel agent and demand to pay extra i dont think so.
I was checking the price off the holiday for my sister and her husband and kids and that's how I came across the price had come down, and no I wouldn't go out off my way to pay them extra if my holiday went up but at the same time these company's advertise book early to get the best deals/discounts and in my case I haven't got the best deal.
I have never had a problem with Direct till this weekend, tried to pay final balance online (as it appeared to do exactly as it did when I used it last year and on my invoice tells me to make payments online) and now the payment has come off my account but not onto my holiday balance, so after few calls on Friday and Saturday payment is still lying in cyberspace and should go back into my account in few days. Point of this is to let folk know that if the customer services advise you to call accounts on a Saturday DONT as they are closed, I had to inform one of the customer services staff of this her reply was oh they used to be open on a Saturday what help is that to me with lack of funds now in my account.

Anyway thats my rant over now just need to wait for money to come back into my account and pay my final balance of my holiday!

Andrea

Still looking forward to my holiday though.
never new you could pay your final balance on line with direct holidays? belive you can do this with thomas cook. never could find that option on their site.
Hi littlelegs the option was there till last year before Thomas Cook took over and they had to change their website, it will be up and running properly in September supposedly.

Wouldn't use it if I were you stick to paying by phone.

Andrea
all paid up now anyway, but thanks for future info :tup
Just booked with directholidays, was going to book online through a link with quidco to get 2% back but decided to ring an see if they would give me a free child place, spoke to a lovely lady who told me there were no free places at the hotel that i wanted but she fiddled around a bit an beat the online price and also put all the special requests through for me that i needed to make. really impressed with directholidays.
Hi hayley/john D/h are nice to you when they are taking your money but if you have any problems later on the nice ladys turn into dragons, and regarding making requests eg low floor etc they can't be guaranteed. I have booked with d/h several times and made requests and been told they can't be guaranteed and sure enought didn't happen, good luck hope you get your requests.
i think its the same with most tour operators, we went with thomson last year and made the same requests about low floor and being close together as we are a large family and needed 2 rooms, when we arrived we were 3 rooms apart and on the 10th floor (the highest in the hotel) the receptionist said thomson had'nt made any requests for us, it was late so decided to see rep in the morning and he was very good and got us moved to 1st floor with interconnecting rooms, wasted a whole morning waiting though but was worth it. i hope we dont encounter problems with D/H but if we do we will try and sort out when there. Had some really bad dealings with first choice in the past aswell. think you are right they all just want your money.
used D/H this time cos it was such a good deal compared to everyone else.
Hi Hayley/John! I've used DH for my last 2 holidays and would agree that they are very good on the Bookings line but if you have a query or problem and have to use Customer Service it 'can' be a different story, although some staff I've dealt with have been very good. As you say though, I think all Tour Ops are pretty much the same. I was very happy with how my holiday went last year (this years is a week today :cheers ) and I had to take some pleasure in knowing that the price I paid was far lower than all those that had booked with Thomas Cook! Where are you off to? The only warning I would give is don't be surprised if your flight times change - this has happened to us the last 2 years, last year I was quite upset about it but this year I'm not too bothered, just one of those things.

With regards Special Requests - aswell as asking the Tour Op, contact the accomodation direct yourself, either by email or phone. I emailed our apartments about 2 weeks before we went last year and got exactly what we'd asked for. Have phoned our accom this year, I'll find out if it's worked for me this time next week!
thanks for that advise i will defo email or ring the hotel. we are going to the hemera club in side, turkey next july, got a really good price and in school holidays too, couldn't believe my luck really cos schools are so funny about taking kids out of school but sometimes the price are so high you have no choice. where are you going? we've had our airport changed before, hope that doesn't happen again but not too fused about time really. have a good holiday :cheers we've just come back from torremolinos and had a great time :sun2
I haven't had a problem for the last 4 years till now but just not impressed with the customer services staff most unhelpful, and things they telling me I know they should know as I used to work for them few years back. But holiday now all paid and on countdown to some sunshine in Icmeler :)
Andrea
I had alot of problems with DH for my last holiday would never use them again. Told last week that DH will be no more very soon as thomas cook is doing a total merge and getting rid of DH they have had more problems than enough with the staff.
Ok i'm kinda panicking now.....just booked a holiday for myself to go to Gambia in November with dh and have recieved two email confirmations and two invoices with two different booking refs and when I checked my bank account I have been charged two deposits. I have been on hold listening to crap music trying to get through to d/h for about 30mins now already. I am just worried they are going to say I can't have the second deposit back. But they will surely realise I wouldn't have booked two holidays for myself. Has anyone else had this same problem?

slightly worried about my phone bill now as I am still on hold.....
Go onto SAYNOTO0870 Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers
Put in Direct Holidays and up comes all the cheaper numbers.

Angie.
Hi again

thanks for that Angie, I accidently hug up last night and when I tried again it said the office was now closed. Got through to someone this morning and they have cancelled the second booking and said I will get an email telling me it's been cancelled and it may take a bit but will get my money back probably be cheque as it's a dh booking and not thomas cook, I did ask if it was possible for them just to transfer the money to ay part of my holiday but again they couldn't as it was dh booking. So now i wait and hope they pay up while my money floats around in cyberspace!

Leanna xx
hi hope someone can help (tried phoning but had to hang up due to battery on the phone went dead i was on hold that long) got my tickets ect today. and in the booklet it shows a diagram of the plane and seating plan. i have already book through my choice my seat on thhomas cook site. but this seating diagram tells me where the medical seats are exit seats and none bookable seats are for the airbus A321. low and behold the seats i have paid for can not be book according to this booklet. :que
hi, can anyone explain this yr seat yr choice? how far in advance can you choose your seats?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.