Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi cant think of username, what number isthe number for. Is it direct holiday other number?
thomas cook switchboard they will put you through to direct holidays customer services
Hi I have booked my holiday with direct holidays last year and have been having a look on their website is anyone else having problems with it?

I've clicked on help and faqs only to be taken to panorama website, tried the contact us tab and getting nowhere fast, also searched for a holiday and then clicked search again and it took me to thomas cook plc website with share prices etc.

I'm not sure if it's just my pc or there bleeding website?

Thanks, Andrea
Just tried it now and it seems to be working fine for me. Are you sure you're on the correct site http://www.directholidays.co.uk
Definately the right website - used them for a few years. :)

Andrea
but it had the full price on stating he hadnt paid any money ie; deposit, so he phoned them and was told he would recieve new one as there had been a lot of errors on other invoices aswell.

Hi Shamus,
I booked this weekend with Direct Holidays. I got an Email immediately which was correct - and then four days later in the post an invoice/confirmation which had no mention of the deposit I'd paid. SO I checked my credit card and they did debit me on 1st March.
The invoice says call them on an 0871 number if it's wrong.
I'm not inclined to do that and then pay them 10 pence per minute for ages listening to a machine.
I've tried email to see if I get an answer......
Direct Holidays really need to sort out their invoicing
- and everyone booking with them really needs to carefully check everything you get from them to avoid arguments later on closer to final payment date.
Hi ukbill,

Go onto the SAYNOTO0870.COM and do the company search then you will get all the different No's to ring, saves a fortune on phone bills.

Angie
If anybody doesn't want to pay 10p per minute with direct holidays 0871 number, ring this number what is for thomas cook plc switchboard. ask for direct holidays customer service and you will be put through.

01706 742000
My son has recieved second invoice from directholidays still stating the same as previous one still stating no deposit paid. He has phoned them again to be told he will recieve a corrected one. I agree with everyone booking with direct holidays you have to keep a check on these invoices. I cannot understand how they can get these wrong especially as they are part of thomas cook. I have booked the same holiday as my son with thomas cook and have no problems can even pay mine online and get all my details up.
I changed the name of one of my party and when I got the new invoice the price had gone up £300, took quite a few phone call to get it amended. Nobody could work out what had gone wrong.
i have booked with direct hols, for september but something has come up and i may need to change my dates, i want to go to the same resort ect.. do you know how much they will charge extra, ive found a date and its around the same price, probley a bit cheaper to be honest
£30 per person for a change and they will charge the todays price for the hotel on a different date, ie if it has gone up you pay more but if it has gone down you pay less. I think if you are within 56 days of departure you can book a cheaper holiday and get the cheaper price, Not totally sure with DH but I know you can't with thomsons.
At the moment TC are changing dates without any admin fee because of the financial situation even up to next year. Only thing to pay is the difference of the holiday price or reduction.
I just thought i would say that after my initial worries with Direct holidays I have had my tickets today !! We do not go till the 5th april so I was very pleased!! At xmas I did not get my tickets with Thomas cook dispite it not being a late booking and had to collect them at the airport! One less thing to think about now! Always seems more real once you have the tickets in your hand!!
If I pay remander of my sons holiday booked with direct holidays with my thomas cook credit card will they charge me like any other credit card? As they are part of thomas cook and you dont get any charges with them.
Shamus - I paid Direct Holidays last year with my Thomas Cook card and there was no charge and I got the 2% travel pounds, booked two Direct Holidays this year but booked them through the main Thomas Cook website so that I can manage my bookings online. Still no credit crad charges and double points (for now!)
Phoned the automated service this morning to pay some money off my sons holiday, it is still saying we havent paid anything , we paid the £82 deposit back in february, recieved two invoices in post still saying nothing paid on it, lucky I booked online and got email confirming this. Tried phoning to speak to someone after 15 minutes and spending x amount of money on phonecall had to hangup. Has anyone got an address I can write to?
shamus,

Are these numbers any use to you.

Customer Support 01324 565295 or Accounts Dept. 01415 597073

Good Luck.

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.