Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
i must just be really lucky then... i rang up yesterday mid morning to pay my final balance, the phone was answered on about the 5th ring, I gave my booking number (the new one from the letter), the advisor told me the correct balance and I paid (she even waived the credit card charge straight away cos i've Thomas Cook card, whereas when i paid the balance of deposit they wouldn't even though the merger had happened by then).
She also reconfirmed the flight times and said that tickets would be posted 2 weeks before.
Phoned d/h office in Belfast regarding the so called outstanding balance of £75.00 was told to ignore it as the letter was sented before they got the £75 payment. It takes 28 days for d/h head office to receive the payments from Belfast. All i can say is thank god its sorted, just have to wait if the tickets come on time :roll:
Booked our holiday with direct on the 10th june for 20july had to pay the total because it was less than 8 weeks.tickets arrived today.well done direct. :D
Got tickets on Friday 27th June, happy days. Do d/h normally send you or give you baggage labels? :think
Direct Holidays normally (well they ahve in the past) sent baggage labels with the tickets, however if you don't get them you can always pick some up and the MyTravel desk (or it might be known as Thomas Cook now I guess) at the airport, we done this when booked flights last year.

Andrea
I read on another thread that you no longer need baggage labels so the companies don't send them. The sticky label that the check in staff put on is sufficient to identify your case. Think I'd be tempted to put my own on anyway as I've had a couple of occasions where I've had to chase another passenger around the baggage collection belt because they thought my case was theirs :que
dont forget you can always print your own holiday truths baggage labels

:tup

wizard
DH have stopped sending luggage labels out with your tickets.
After being told on the phone a few weeks ago that DH have stopped sending out reminders when your final balance is due. I received one yesterday. :que
Oh well looks like it's DIY or holiday truth luggage labels for me then!

Andrea
Phoned Direct this morning regarding the in flight meals. We have got meals free in with our booking and as I have 2 children was wondering if we could change theirs to kids meals (flying with Thomas Cook Airlines). She said it should be ok and has noted it on my booking at no extra cost, so will post back with the outcome on our return at end of Aug. Just thought it might be useful for other families to know if we do get a result with this :tup
We are booked with Direct but are now flying with Monarch, have been told we have to contact Monarch to try and book kids meals.
That's a pain for you Laudan...are you going to bother? I must admit I'm not confident that we will get them and have already warned my son that he might not get his smilie faces and sausage (seems the norm for kids meals) and he's not happy about it! Will wait and see what we get.
nicJW wrote:
That's a pain for you Laudan...are you going to bother? I must admit I'm not confident that we will get them and have already warned my son that he might not get his smilie faces and sausage (seems the norm for kids meals) and he's not happy about it! Will wait and see what we get.

Yes going to give it a try, we are off to Florida so its a long flight hopefully there will be something they like.
Not happy with DH...again! Had a letter this morning stating that I still owe £480 on my August holiday...I have had a final invoice stating the balance is now zero. Whilst I'm sure they will tell me this is just an admin error and not to worry, I'm angry at the fact I've now got to try and get through to them on the phone to confirm this. Been in queue 15mins so far...

Anyone else had a letter?
Just to add, managed to get through after about 25 mins to be told yes, it was an admin error. I just wonder if they do this as a ploy to get people to phone so they can make money from the calls. Perhaps, that's how they can sell the holidays cheaper than other companies :think As I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to.
Tickets have just arrived in the post.. we don't go for 3 1/2 weeks yet so this is actually the earliest I've had tickets from any major tour op!!
I posted earlier regarding changing the free in flight meals to childrens meals. I called Direct a couple of weeks ago and had a note put on my booking but didn't feel confident that this was sufficient. After checking the Thomas Cook Your Seat Your Choice website I discovered that you need to phone them direct to do this on 0844 855 0515. Have just called them and they have amended the meals at no extra cost, apart from the 25 min call on a premium rate line :( Oh well, anything to keep the kids happy ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.