Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Why would it take longer to turn around if people were allocated seats? Surely passengers would be boarded at the same speed as when looking for somewhere to sit themselves.
Turn round time would be affected if the gate queue wasn't organised, and there is little chance of that.

Sod's law (and experience) says that the first people to board will be those with seats closest to the door - so when they stop in the aisle to put stuff in the lockers the whole queue stops. Also not helped by those who can't work out seat numbers on boarding cards at all, or those who can but can't understand that if they have a seat on row 20 and are stood next to row 5 they aren't close - why do they check every row to see what number it is!!!! The only answer is an aptitude test for passengers and ban those who fail - and can we have same on railway please? As you may have guessed, we've touched a nerve here.......
Thanks for that Steve. The funniest thing we saw was on Ryanair when a couple told someone they were sitting in their seats because they thought they had been allocated the numbers stated on their boarding passes. Obviously never flown budget airline before.
Could anyone please advise when easyjet will release their flight prices for JulyAugust 2011 for flights to Rhodes

Thanks

Ali x
Thanks Wilson2579 - we're SB+ so I think I'll just let the kids run ahead and lie down on 2 rows of seats till we catch them up so there's room for all 5 of us. Dreading it all to be honest but the price for Easyjet against Jet2 (who we normally fly with) was over £200 hence our Easyjet booking.

I still don't get the Easyjet way of boarding tho'.....if there was a crash there is absolutely NO way they would know who was sat where which in this day and age I think is quite bad!
Don't be worried Tis, you'll be fine, ok now and again the passengers don't abide by the rules but everyone gets a seat so collectively they know who's on board so no crash talk eh, enjoy you trip, think of the £200 you are saving. :tup
I think the 'hype' regarding Easyjet / Ryanair unallocated seating and boarding causes all sorts of stress to those who havent flown with them. Relax !!! Its not that bad - its normally your fellow passengers that cause the problems !

If you have Easyjet SB you should not have a problem - a maximum of 30 (out of the 180+) seats on each plane can be SBers. Chill and enjoy.

Remember if you travelled with Ryanair (as we normally do) up to 90 out of the 183 seats can be Priority boarders !

Hear, Hear to your comments David N.

Reards, Chris
up to 90 out of the 183 seats can be Priority boarders

From my experience at Karlsruhe-Baden and Stansted it seems to be substantially more than that!! :cry
Last Friday coming back from Valencia there were several 'locals' who joined the priority queue who had 'other q' on their boarding passes but were allowed to go through with the priority crowd anyway !

As normal we go for boarding by the rear steps and normally get on and settled in before most of the priority boarders who have got on via the front steps anyway !

Cant see the point of being the 90th (or maybe more!) on the plane and having to pay £4 for it.

Will see how this Sunday goes !

Chris
Hi David, you are right of course :) I think we're just going to play it by ear...if there's a massive crush for the front steps we'll go to the back and get on that way....so long as we're all sat together I'm not too worried whether we're front or back - tho' it says on seat guru our flight has wider seats at front of aircraft than it does at the back :scratch: Not sure why that is but hey, it's only a 2.5 hour flight if I have to squeeze my bum into a small seat! ;)
Think I read somewhere that Palma are doing a better job of segregating SB+ from the others even if you are bussed to aircraft so if that's true it will hopefully be okay coming home too. Fingers crossed!
If you are speedy boarding there is no worry at all about you getting seats altogether. We have never paid for SB, always get on at the back and always found there was plenty of choice of seats. Relax and enjoy.
Normally the last few rows of seats at the back are slightly narrower due to the curvature of the plane relating to the narrowing caused by the design and of course due to the tail etc etc.

This is certainly true of Ryanairs 737-800's and I have found the front few rows have the same problem.

Chris
anyone know if all the easy jet flights to and from Fuerteventura are always full
little legs,

We aren't premitted to post such details I'm afraid, reasons on the following topic: SEAT AVAILABILITY QUESTIONS.

Darren
It still amazes me when people are told its free seating, the answer is "I/we can sit anywhere?" and they still take ages to select a seat,even looking at and passing empty seats and pushing past people coming the opposite direction :rofl
have paid for speedy boarding plus at doncaster/sheffield in july, but now notice it is no longer an option just speedy boarding only, i can't find out if the plus bit will be working or not (but should get what w'eve paid for ) any one know how to find out .Airport say check with operator they say check with airport :yikes :yikes :yikes . Also noticed prices going down as time goes on, challenged them on this (price promise guarantee) and just got a huge refund via a credit note :really :really . any one else checking this ???.
Think they offer SB+ to first 30 passengers who ask for it, then it's removed once they've filled their quota. That could be why it's no longer available when you check.

That said I was in Newcastle Aiport collecting my parents yesterday and went down to the Easy Jet desks and they had signs plastered all over offering SB+ upgrades for £9.50 - I'm hoping it still applies to the first 30 passengers only!
Hi,
My son's flying EZY 5055 from LGW to Montpellier tomorrow. He's wondering what sort of aircraft this will be i.e. will it be a propeller plane or not :que
Thanks to anyone who can give me the info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.