Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Can anyone tell me what aircraft i will be on travelling from Gatwick to Mombasa on 28/08 departure 19:25?

Also will check in be 2 or 3 hours before departure? I know long haul destinations are normally 3 hours but my tickets say 2???

Thanks

Lee
Roundhead81'

Can anyone tell me what aircraft i will be on travelling from Gatwick to Mombasa on 28/08 departure 19:25?

I'm a little confused with the information you've provided. On Monday 28th August, only Monarch have a charter flight to Mombasa from LGW, flight number MON3692 departing at 2100. Since you've posted in the FCA thread, I presume you're flying with FCA? Their Mombasa flight, FCA076 departs on a Tuesday (29th?) at 1920 according to the schedule.

If you're on the Monarch flight on the monday, it should be one of either a Boeing 767-300ER or Airbus A300B4-605R. G-DIMB (767) was used on 4 & 24th July, and G-MAJS (A300) was used 10th July. If you are travelling with FCA, it'll be one of their excellent Boeing 767-300ER's. G-OOBK was used on 14th Aug and G-OOAN was used on the 8th Aug.

Also will check in be 2 or 3 hours before departure? I know long haul destinations are normally 3 hours but my tickets say 2???

Check-in time is normally 2 hours prior to departure. However given recent events, I'd refer you to the thread on the current situation for more details.

Have a great time,

Darren
Hi Dazbo

Thanks for your reply. I have just checked our tickets and they state:

Depart LGW (North) FCA076 Monday 28-Aug 19:25

I am also a little confused now???
Roundhead81,

Another confusing bit, 8th August is a Tuesday, 14th is a Monday! Maybe there is a 2 week rota of the flights departing on a Monday one week, Tuesday the week after? Going off these dates, your depature on Monday 28th would tie in with the 14th depature if there's a 2 weeks rota. The Gatwick flight status information only gives Tuesday as the departure day for that flight! Never mind, I'm sure your tickets are correct. It'll be a 767-300ER in any case. You might want to have a quick look through my trip reports for information on what to expect from your flights.

First Choice Airways Flight FCA048; Manchester (MAN/EGCC) - Varadero, Cuba (Juan Gualberto Gomez, VRA/MUVR), 3rd March 2006

First Choice Airways Flight FCA049 from Varadero, Cuba (Juan Gualberto Gomez, VRA/MUVR) - Manchester (MAN/EGCC), 17th March 2006

Darren
Thanks for that. I was having horrible visions of it being the wrong dates then - we have booked a hotel in Gatwick before leaving and when returning and thought we would have to change everything - nightmare!

Thanks again
All flights to the Indian Ocean and India show there departure and arrival day as the day you arrive. They all depart on the night before.

FCA076 departs on a Monday night but arrives back on Tuesday afternoon. The Male flights are the same.

FCA40 - Male departs every Sunday, arrives back on Monday and then operates:

FCA76 - Mombasa departs every Monday.
Hi
Can anyone tell me what aircraft i will be on, travelling to Bourgas, on 21/08 departure time 18:40? FCA 802.

Thanks
  • Edited by trishh6 2008-11-25 01:29:27
trishh6,

Can anyone tell me what aircraft i will be on, travelling from Belfast to Bourgas, on 21/08 departure time 18:40? FCA 802

The only log I can find for your flight is 5th June which was serviced by an Airbus A320-214

Have a great time,

Darren
I am flying with F.C. on 16th September to Palma from Birmingham - does anybody know what type of plane we will be flying on?

Bit worried after the news regarding 737's - although been flying on them for years!!

Hope it's airbus! :shock:
Could someone please tell me what type of aircraft my nephew will be flying on he's so excited about flying.

The details are

outbound: FCA 2110 Manchester to Las Palmas (28/08/06) 09:45

inbound: FCA 2111 (04/09/06) arriving 19:15

Thanks in advance
hippyjak,

I am flying with F.C. on 16th September to Palma from Birmingham - does anybody know what type of plane we will be flying on?

Bit worried after the news regarding 737's - although been flying on them for years!!

What's wrong with the 737? Its a great aircraft. First Choice don't have any in their fleet so you'll have no worries on that score.

There's two flight from BHX - PMI on the 16th. You'll be on one of these:
FCA3606 departing 0810
FCA3688 departing 2115

Both flights should be serviced with a Boeing 757-200

Darren
mightymatt,

outbound: FCA 2110 Manchester to Las Palmas (28/08/06) 09:45

inbound: FCA 2111 (04/09/06) arriving 19:15

the flights should be serviced with a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
What's wrong with the 737?

I think this is reffering to the news that parts fitted to B737 aircraft from 1992 may be faulty. Like Dazbo said no B737's in the First Choice fleet.
Most aircraft types have had problems during their time. Considering the 737 has been around since the late 1960's, now in its 10th incarnation, there's bound to be an odd problem or two. I can't think of an aircraft type that hasn't had a technical issue at some stage. It certainly wouldn't put me off flying on a 737 or any other commercial jet for that matter. Lets put it this way, they're more reliable than my current car. That's had 3 manufacturer recalls since being devlivered due to known technical problems! Plus an exploded fly wheel at 19,054 miles, another known problem which wasn't picked up at the 18,000 mile serivice! As long as the problem is identified and corrected, no problemo!

Safe flying,

Darren
It was a news article this morning on Sky news that 2 ex- empolyees of Boeing had made a claim that the Company knowingly fitted faulty parts to the 737 (1994 - 2002), amongst several other claims of screws fitted incorrectly etc.

Think it's as im getting older - start to read into everything!

But like you say, flown on 737's for years.

Plus I seriously doubt that I'd cancel my hols if I was flying on a 737!!!

At least when the mother-in-law starts I can tell her we're not flying on one!!

Thanks for the advice :fly
Does anyone know if the airline takes debit cards for short haul flights when buying duty free?

Cheers
mcfester,

Does anyone know if the airline takes debit cards for short haul flights when buying duty free?

I don't think so, I think they only take credit cards because debit cards have to be authorised, which they can't do in the air. They accept cash, personal & travellers cheques and credit cards (visa and mastercard).

Darren
No its highly unlikely they will accept debit cards, in fact i havent encountered an airline that does.

They accept credit cards because they know they can get the money from it.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.