Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi am flying with FC for first time to Goa this year. We always book extra leg room on long hauls because all in all not so cramped in etc. However does anybody know the aircraft and config ie 2 3 2 or whatever - we always seem to get the 3 seats in the middle and I end up as the "girlie in the middle" with no arm rest because my husband has two and the guy the otherside of me has other two!!!! I have read/heard really fab reports about FC but last time flew with them as Air 2000 (or Air Toothpaste - as I called them - cause they used to squeeze so many in) I said never again!
You dont need extra legroom any more on First Choice as they give everyone extra legroom now. At 33" it is more than you get with BA.

Yes its 2 - 3 - 2 but because the seats are wider i cant see this being a problem. They use the same aircraft as before B767-300 but just more of them.
Thanks for that befreetoday. We still like the extra leg room seats as there is just less feeling of being cramped and you can stand up and move around without disturbing anybody - think will try and get one of 2 seats this year - so don't have to share arm rests!
Does anyone know whether you can book to have just the two seats? We are just in the star class but don't fancy being on the middle three seats with someone else.
They may ask at the airport where you want to be seated, however there is no way to choose a seat beforehand due to the different layouts of the longhaul fleet.
fc
i flew with First Choice two weeks ago for the first time.....i can only say ive never enjoyed a flight so much it was top notch.....is this what i can always expect within reason from First Choice....or has anybody had problems on First Choice flights. it would be good to know as i would pay the extra cost to fly again with them if they keep this sort of standard up...?.
First Choice like all other companies do have a few problems including delays but they outperform most other airlines in the UK at the moment.
thanks bee.free i was realy thinking on the lines of in flight service ect....delays do happen thats flying for you.....it cant be helped some times.

but thanks all the same for the info.... :)
Inflight service has always been good as far as i can see
We got back from Nassau well over an hour early recently. :shock:

Great trip with FCA - those Lily O'Brien chocolates in star class premier are ace and it really does make a difference having drinks served willingly in a decent glass rather than scruffy cans cluttering up your tray. We compared notes on arrival with some who had flown out BA - and our flights got easily the best reviews!!
Hi

Is there anywhere i can find details about my flight next week from Manchester to Sanford?
Ali :wink:
it depends what you want to know

It will be a B767-300 with 33" seat pitch or 36" in Premier and 2 - 3 - 2 configuration.
Hi all
Flying out on FCA4744 From LGW to arracife next Sunday, any ideas what type of aircraft is used on this route?

joe3400,

Flying out on FCA4744 From LGW to arracife next Sunday, any ideas what type of aircraft is used on this route?

It'll be a Boeing 757-200 I'd imagine. G-OOBF serviced the flight on 21st August.

Have a great time,

Darren
Hi

I am flying to Dalaman on Thurs 21st Sept [this comming week :D ] from East Mids Airport, FCA288, any idea what the plane will be and is it new and nice :lol:

chazy x
Chazy,

I am flying to Dalaman on Thurs 21st Sept [this comming week ] from East Mids Airport, FCA288, any idea what the plane will be and is it new and nice

It'll be an Airbus A321-231 (G-OOAH opperated the flight on 14th Sept and 24th August). G-OOAH was built in 1998 so its still a youngish aircraft! I came back from Icmeler last friday (15th sept), its very quiet over their at the moment with recent events. You might have the beach to yourself!

Have a great time,

Darren
Could anyone please enlighten my hubbie who wants to know which type of aircraft FC use to Sharm,yes he is a bit obsessive about legroom etc. We have just booked to the Coral Sea Resort flying from Manchester next October(2007),just 379 more sleeps to go Lol!!!!.We haven,t even been this years holiday yet to Tenerife,thanks in advance
:D thank you Darren :D

chazy x
Stix,

You don't say which day you are flying. FCA682/3 which departs on a Thursday should be a Boeing 757-200. FCA258/9 which departs on a monday should also be a Boeing 757-200. Seat pitch aboard these rocket ships is 28".

Have a great time!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.