Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Star class premier
2072 Posts
It is condensation from the air conditioning system because of the temprature change and the change of levels in the aircraft, most of it runs away into the drainage pipes but you do get the odd drip.
I have just booked to fly FCA to Florida next year online, when I booked it, it said Premium service both ways (with the 30kg extra baggage, extra legroom, sitting together, etc etc etc), Is this the Star class premier service or the star class? Sorry if this seems a daft question, its just a matter of different descriptions of services ie does the Premium mean star class premier? Thanks.
Star Class Premier is the premium service.
Thanks Andy. I cant wait for next year it looks a fantastic service, just the thing to get the holiday off to a good start.
Been twice on First CHoice long haul and I must say the first time the experience was fantastic, the second time we travelled with them the cabin looked very tired but the service was still top notch!!
jaxter,

For info, these are my trip reports from my flights in March this year. I was in Star Class, but there are a couple of photo's of SC Premium which you might like to see, and photo's of the aircraft.

First Choice Airways Flight FCA048; Manchester (MAN/EGCC) - Varadero, Cuba (Juan Gualberto Gomez, VRA/MUVR), 3rd March 2006

First Choice Airways Flight FCA049 from Varadero, Cuba (Juan Gualberto Gomez, VRA/MUVR) - Manchester (MAN/EGCC), 17th March 2006

Have a great holiday,

Darren
Am I right in thinking that F.C. do "day before" check in at Manchester ? Do you have to pay for this service though ? It's not too far a journey for us and if it meant we had good seats booked already and could arrive a bit later the next day I may be tempted.
Liverpool Lou,

I might be wrong so please don't quote me on this, but as far as I know, FCA don't offer day before check-in at Manchester. I've flown with them 3 times this year, and I'm not aware of this service. My Travel have this facility at their dedicated check-in area at T1, I'm sure FCA in T2 don't though.

Darren
i thought you could take your luggage the day before at manchester, as we are hoping to do this. i think it is about £5 each.
just found my book it states gatwick, manchester and birmingham have day before check in between 12.00-- 22.00.
hope this helps
Day before checkin is open at Manchester, it needs to be booked through First Choice.
Thanks for info, £5 each is great if it takes the early morning hassle out of check in :lol:
Darren, Thanks for your wonderfully indepth report, Im sure the holiday will be great.

jaxter
Hi there,

Just booked for Huatulco for June next year flying from Manchester. We're staying in the Radisson the night before so thought it would be a good idea to do the day before check in then we can take it easy the morning of the flight. After reading the details online, it said that once my booking was complete I should ring first choice to book the service. I did this and was advised that I just need to go to Terminal 2 the day before my departure, that I don't need to book it with them in advance. Can anyone tell me if this is correct, would hate to get there and find that I've been mis-informed.

Also, was wondering if anybody has done this previously and what their thoughts were??

thanks!!
I know that we had to pre book this when we did it this year from Gatwick so it may be advisable to phone and double check as we had to take a letter with us to confirm we had pre arranged it. We also did it this summer from Manchester and again had to pre book it.

We are off to Cuba again in jan and will do it again for sure because it is so much easier. the airport tends to be quieter and then the next morning you just stroll in, report to customer service (maybe differeant at Manchester) and relax!

Wish more operators did it!
hi ..all.. :wave ..i would like for a change make a compliment to first choice.
just had two great flights with them too and from leeds/bradford,both flights left on time and landed early.
the aircraft was clean and the staff very friendly.
leeds/bradford and faro airport check in and security however is another matter the security procedures are a joke.
regards to all...........john-doe.......
Does anybody know how much first choice charge for excess baggage? I have taken the same stuff on holiday every year always been under, now because i have to put all liquids in hold luggage. My bag weighs over the 44lbs.
Thanks
bewitched,

Does anybody know how much first choice charge for excess baggage? I have taken the same stuff on holiday every year always been under, now because i have to put all liquids in hold luggage. My bag weighs over the 44lbs.

FCA charge excess baggage at £5.50 per kg on short haul routes, £8 per kg on long haul. Bear in mind that no case can exceed 32kg, it will be refused. If you are a couple of kg's over, I wouldn't worry too much. If you are a few over, then you might get charged.

Darren
Thanks, i think i'm only 2kg at most over. At least on the way back i will be lighter.
Hiya,
We are looking to book for Sharm-el-sheik with First Choice flying from Manchester on 4th December at 9.20. Can anyone tell me what aircraft it will be, seat config and in-flight entertainment?
Many Thanks
:D
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.