Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Goa/Mumbai
8 Posts
Hire a taxi and do a mini tour.
Take the taxi to Juhu beach.
Takes about 30-40 mins.
There have a walk on the sands and eat at the stalls. Really tasty safe food and an enormous choice.
Then get the taxi to take you down to the Gateway of India (about 30 mins from Juhu).
Spend half an hour walking round then Back to the International airport to arrive about 11:30.

Flying with Jet I think you can book your cases in at Goa for transit through to Heathrow.
You could always do a bit of shopping - plenty of choice in mumbai - see the link below.
http://www.mumbai.org.uk/shopping.html

If shopping isn't your thing why not go to an airport hotel for a meal and a bit of relaxation (you don't have to be a guest to do this).

Mumbai International Airport does have a 1st class lounge that is open to everyone for a fee (Rs 1000/- ) I think that includes food & drinks.

As Sam said previously there's plenty to see around the city - the gate of India is definately worth a look and there are some nice cafe bars close by on Colaba.

GFF xx
have a look at the Mumbai sticky for ideas- I asked how to spend 12 hours there :D
Great info GFF didn't know that about the first class lounge in Mumbai will definately try it. I usually have to doss down on bed chair things, mind you I can sleep anywhere. That link on things to do in Mumbai is great soooooooo I think I'll spend 2 days in the first class lounge and 4 days shopping - best of all can blame you for it . Cheers this forum is great. We must be influenced by Fiona.

We must be influenced by Fiona

Oh no- don't blame for it :lol: I haven't been there yet!
No excuses Fiona you ARE the moderator so you have to take the blame for all of us. That's a poor excuse anyway 'not been there yet' you will have to do better. :roll:
Hi Pudd,

Glad to be of service - hope you pick up some bargains in those shops!!

GFF xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.