Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We went last year and had a family room no tea/coffee making facility in there, but we use to take coffee back to the rooms with other drinks on occassions and never got asked or stopped there is a fridge in all rooms any way.
With ref to money we took all three Pound euro and lira, we found that you could pay for things in euro but they weren't very keen on it also you didn't get a very good exchange rate, we found that all the turkish wanted the english pounds you would get a better exchange rate if something was 3 lira it would be £1 at moment its about 2.6 lira to the pound also kids clubs are payable in pound or lira, payable sessions were £2 or 6 lira,
I'm going back this august and will be taking mostly pound and some lira for taxi/tipping also if you play the bingo that is payable in lira.
When you land you will have the turkish asking you to change say £10 in pound coins for a £10 note
Hi,
This is my first time on here (very impressed on how helpful evryone is!).
I'm off to the FC Holiday Village/Pegasos Palace on 26th May. We've booked a Kids Den room - has anyone used a kids den room before? We wondered if they are ok (room enough to swing the kids?? etc.) & also wondered if there is a fridge & kettle in the room?
Also... Are there towels to use around the pool or do we need to take our own?
Its our first time to Turkey, & our first time using a Holiday Village, so we'd be extremely grateful for any tips/advice - is there anyone else going at the end of May?
Oh yes, a friend of ours went to Turkey a couple of years ago, they have said we won't need Turkish money at all, to just take sterling - I'd be grateful for opinions on this?
Many thanks

Jane :D
Hi everyone,
This is my first time on here (very impressed on how helpful evryone is!).
I'm off to the FC Holiday Village/Pegasos Palace on 26th May. We've booked a Kids Den room - has anyone used a kids den room before? We wondered if they are ok (room enough to swing the kids?? etc.) & also wondered if there is a fridge & kettle in the room?
Also... Are there towels to use around the pool or do we need to take our own?
Its our first time to Turkey, & our first time using a Holiday Village, so we'd be extremely grateful for any tips/advice - is there anyone else going at the end of May?
Oh yes, a friend of ours went to Turkey a couple of years ago, they have said we won't need Turkish money at all, to just take sterling - I'd be grateful for opinions on this?
Many thanks

Jane
Hi again,
Another question... Do the PAL DVD's and Playstation games work ok in the Playstations provided in the Kids Den?
We were going to take our own, but I'm not sure if they'll be compatible.
Many thanks

Jane
Hi southernbrummie, you do not need to take towels you are given cards to collect them from a towel hut everyday, from about 9 am I think?
There is fridges in rooms but no kettles but you don't need a kettle as you can get tea and coffee from all around the hotel and take it back to your room.
We took Lira but wish we had taken sterling now as you get a better deal with it.
Any more Q's just ask. :lol:
Sam
Hi got our tickets last week, travelling 24th may and have just noticed under the accommodation section there is no mention of out late checkout room.....has anyone else who have their tickets and have booked a late checkout got it stated on the tickets. thanks
Hi Sam

Thanks so much!
I've spent the whole afternoon reading on here (the hoovering can wait!).
This si great, getting tips & chatting to people who've been (&/or going) to the same place. :P
We're going on 26th for one week - 2 kids - Rachel (12 years) & Oscar (9 years). They can't wait - counting down the days! Anyone going at the same time?

Jane
Hi Tracytreacle1

We booked late check out & its not mentioned on our tickets either.
We picked up our tickets last week, then went back to the travel agents to check as I thought it should be on there.
They said not to worry about it - but they printed out our booking info that they have on their system, which states that the late check out is booked & paid for; they recommended we take this with us - 'just in case'!

Best wishes

Jane
thanks for that, we are also going to take our confirmation as it states late checkout on that. Its our second time, we first went August 2005, and had a fantastic time. Kids are really looking forward to going, booked it last minute. My children are similar age, ellie 11 and max 8.
We fly in 2 hours to the Tropical, can't wait!
We fly out on the 28th Daniel 12 and Laura 9. Has evveryone been checking the weather thread, its looks fab at the minute, hope its as good as when we were in Marmais last year.
hi we fly out 28th, we are going from brimingham & the rest of our party are going from Exter. 11 in total so you won't miss us!!!!
im off to the palace in 3 weeks, will i need to take an iron or is there one supplied in the room? i usually iron before i pack but by the time you get it out of your suitcase its usually badly creased again. :roll: also do i need to pack any towels or will enough be supplied for us. ive never stayed in a hotel before :D
Sorry Stephie, no iron supplied at the hv.

Catherine x
Hi all we are here in pegasus palace weather is scorching there has been a little rain but still hot. just to let you know building work does not affect anyone you cannot hear anything there is no bank in the village at the moment apparently not coming till main season starts quite a while yet.
you cannot use the facilities at tropical firstchoice have 200 rooms there and the germans and dutch have the rest mainly germans from what the rep said.

if i think of anything else will post later date
OMG.....I cant wait, going 24/5. Can you tell us if the evenings are hot or do we need a cardi or jacket. Last went aug 05, when it had only been opened a few months and loved it then, so things can only have improved :D
hi everyone i went to h/v last year and it was absolutely brilliant,i have now booked to go to the costa del sol h/v because this one was so good,if any one would like to know anything i would be happy to answer questions if anyone wants to know anything.
Thanks scottishmum, i take it i will need to pack a travel iron then which means less room for shoes :roll:. I have lots of european adapters will they work in Turkey? Sorry for sounding dumb but ive never been there. What about towels then, hopefully i dont have to pack those aswel?
Stephie, Nope you don't need towels they are in the rooms and also in a towel hut by the pool, you get issued with towel cards 1 per person and can collect clean towels for the pool daily.
But if you are one of the annoying paople who put a towel on a lounger at 6 am and not return to after lunch :evil: then you will need beach towels!!
Oh but saying that they do remove them and put them in a heap some days............... ooh it still drives me mad now............ :shock:
Sam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.