Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Not long to go now! Don't know who is more excited - me or the kids!! :P
Its great to know that there are going to be kids there in the same age groups as mine. Does anyone know if all the kids clubs & the high ropes activities will be up & running?
The weather is looking good & getting better as time goes on!!
I'll be taking an iron with me which I'm more than happy to share. I'll only need it for a couple of bits.... hopefully! :wink:
When we were last at the palace in Aug 2005, it wasnt so much the sunbeds but the umbrellas and bases that were hard to find......hopefully this has improved, but to be prepared I may well buy a beach parasol from Next (£5.50) they are metal framed and tilt and quite large as I dont want to be an early riser in order to get some shade ! Can anyone who went last year during school holidays tell me if sunbeds/umbrellas were in short supply. Thanks
@FOXY0810,

Have they put up a dividing fence to seperate the two hotels?

Thanks.
Hi Tracytreacle1
The Next parasol sounds like a great idea!
Are they sold in-store or via the Next catalogue? And would they be easy to transport?
Next sell the umbrellas online and in store. I was thinking of strapping it (in a black sack or similar) to the outside of my case :? For that price I would probably leave it when I come home.
we took two parasols last year and will be taking them again next year. we did'nt strap them to the bags, hope you all have a great time :)
:lol: hi can any one tell me the link for the photo album
regards john :fly
just 3 weeks to go
LOL scottishmum, im the same. No im not one of those annoying people who blag the sunbeds and never arrive...im usually still in bed at that time :lol: i was only thinking of a travel iron because they dont take up much room but the cheapie idea sounds good aswel. Not long for us now either, we fly on the 28th and im counting down the days. ooooohhhh i cant wait. Will it still be as much fun without the tropical side then? what will we be missing?
seems strange they have split the hotels as first choice are now selling holidays 2 both hotels for 2008?

anyone know what is in the mini bar & is it free?

do we have to buy bottled water?

we go in 18 days???
amandap,

When we stayed at the Palace in 2005, there were water dispensers in the restaurant and pool bar for you to help yourself to water.
No the mini bar isn't free and if its in when you arrrive ask them to remove it!!!! You can use your fridge then, there will be at least a large bottle of water for you though.

I never missed the tropical side at all on my first visit to the palace, in fact we only walked over to it once. On my second visit we stayed at the tropical and spent all our time at the palace!

Catherine xxx
I was there last sept at the tropical, and it was the best hol ever. This year they are trying to make the tropical adult friendly ie:( keep the kids at the palace side). I have checked prices for both hotels for this sept 07(2 adults2 kids+1 infant) and it is cheaper to go to the palace hotel. When i was there the palace side seemed to be more busy (hectic), and the tropical was more laid-back.
there are no dividing fences but there are signs which state it is hotel tropical only Private!!! and there are different colour wristbands
with regards first choice still selling hols to both sides that is true but they only have 200 rooms on tropical germans and dutch have 300 rooms and palace defo more child friendly
dont know what entertainment like in tropical either as not soley firstchoice.
weather been bit naff for 2 days but getting hotter now on in
What drinks are included in the AI.
I have bought myself a bottle of pernod to take with me and I am thinking of taking a few cans of cider. (Dont think you will get either of those) Do they have a bigger range that you can pay for, I would rather pay for something even thought its supposed to be AI.
Thanks
What's the food been like so far?
What are the mozzies like at the holiday village at the moment? (sorry for the mozzies talk, but I only want to know about this resort.)
Whats the food like?
Do they have Barcardi on all inclusive?
Are the pools warm?

Would love to get a reply from someone who is there at the moment.
We fly out on Thursday
For those wanting to do excursions in Sarigerme. Please see my post on the Sarigerme thread.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=974422#974422

Catherine x
Hi all, thats a shame about mustafa. Does anyone know if he has managed to change his start date for military service? what is the name of the tour company he worked for? as i plan to book my trips through them.
Stephie,

This is a copy of my post from the above thread.

Hi,

Just a pity that you are just going to miss Mustafa, he is there until 20 May doing tours before he goes into the army.

However, some good news for everyone. Mustafa is working with another tour agent in Sarigerme. He has set up a discount scheme on his website for those that book through them. You can print a voucher off his website for a 10% discount and I'm 100% positive that if Mustafa is recommending them then they will be great!

His website is http://www.sarigermeholiday.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.