Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, we are going next thursday (half term!), how busy is it at the moment regarding sunbeds and umbrellas....thanks
How busy is it out there at the minute?

Is it easy to get a table by the bar?

Is it easy to get a table in the buffett?

What are the themed restaurants like?

Whats the ampitheater like, can you see everything ok?

with reference to questions if any good to you we went august last year and found site to be very busy but we always managed to get a table in the restrurant and bars, mind you pool bar in evening was generaly busy hard to get a table as most people went there for entertainment and beer in stead of ampitheater, seating in ampitheater was ok you could see
everything but beware that seems to be place to get bitten by the mosquitos than anywere else.
themed restrurant were a change being waited on very good service only did itailan and turkish would have done indian but my wife won't eat spicy food, i found itailian the better of the two,if you want to eat in any book at reception as soon as you get there as they can get booked up very quickly
XxStephiexX wrote:
Also because of what has happend to dear little madeline in Portugal, how safe is the Palace?, my son wants to do the soccer school, will he be safe enough if i dont stay and watch and is he safe enough at the kids clubs without us? Sorry panicking a bit lol

Stephie I think lots of parents will be more cautious this year!

We went at the end of August last year. My eldest went to soccer school and the wavelength kids club and because of his age (then 12) he was able to sign himself in and out of the activities without a grown-up present but we had to register him initially. My girls, then 8 and 6 both went to the bugs bunny kids club and did swim school. The staff were very strict on signing in and out at each session and when you register them for any clubs at the beginning of the holiday you get a signing in card which must be signed by all authorised people who can drop off and collect. The staff will not allow a child to go with an unauthorised person and usually the kids are let out of the club room one by one when their parent/carer is at the front of the queue. The staff always ask for a rough location of where the parents will be too, in case of accident or illness etc, so you can be found quickly if needed.

I am sure that this won't have changed, especially in view of what has happened in portugal.

Just in case anyone is interested there is no "listening service" at the hotel but you can book 2 hour slots of private babysitting (which I think is done by the kids club reps for a bit of extra £££) which is useful if you fancy a meal without the kids. We didn't use it as our kids were old enough to stay up late-ish and eat with us every night. They tended to go to the evening kids club sessions from 9-11pm (yes I know it sounds late but we slept in til 10/11am most mornings!!) so we had a couple of hours child-free most nights.

8 weeks and counting... :D

Lynda xx
I have to agree with Lynda, I found it to be very safe. I was especially worried as my little fella, who was nearly four the first time we went and just past four the second, is an escape artist. The staff were fabulous with him, and it did help that he loved it. he only tried to escape once, from the cinema and they informed me of everything.

We also made us of the evening sessions as Cameron doesn't sleep very much and being 7pm - 9pm our time, it was ideal for us. In fact does anyone know of anywhere else that offers this other than the first choice holiday villages?

Its so brilliant to be able to get some quality time with your partner.

Catherine xxx
~How busy is it out there at the minute?

Last week I didnt find it that busy at all, there were plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas during the day, they also have lots of sunbeds under covered areas so they are in the shade.

~Is it easy to get a table by the bar?

No problem again, got served almost straight away, apparently there was a rule in place so you were only allowed 2 drinks per person at the bar to avoid big queues but I saw people ordering several with no problem, maybe this will kick in more during the summer holidays.

~Is it easy to get a table in the buffett?

We got a table at the buffet every night, in the evening you can sit inside or outside and the staff are always clearing and resetting tables. The evening meal starts at 7 but there is an early kids meal at 6, I think the idea behind this is to get the majority of kids fed early as they are not used to waiting until so late.

~What are the themed restaurants like?

Didn't go although heard the italian wasnt anything special.

~Whats the ampitheater like, can you see everything ok?

From every seat you can see the stage clearly, there are also steps on either side which lead to the roof where you can stand and watch the entertainment.
Not sure of the Holiday Village as was in Tropical but as far as Tropical goes:

How busy is it out there at the minute?

7th-14th May it was quiet. Plenty of sunbeds to go around, enough guests but you can see how busy it must get in the high season when it must be maniac! Eating was mainly indoors rather than outdoor buffets oin the terrace again which must take place in height of the season.

Is it easy to get a table by the bar?

Was in the Tropical, pool bar was busier when entertainment was based here, when it was in ampithearte it was quiet until it ended.

Is it easy to get a table in the buffett?

Yes, outside even easier as the outside buffet/cooking area wasn't in use, inside it could get busy at tea but generally wasn't.

What are the themed restaurants like?

Italian was very nice, small portions but different.

Whats the ampitheater like, can you see everything ok?

Yes, there huge, woodsen seats hurt a bit after a while and watch out for mozzies, but they can probably fit every single guest in! Only a quarter full last week.
Excellent, it all sounds ok. I was just worried as i usually go to butlins or similar and i found that if you didnt go into the entertainment area 3 hours before anything statred you couldnt get a seat :roll:

The security sounds good aswel, my son is 7 so he is old enough to leave there and he wont try to escape (well i hope not lol) and come back and collect him but for obvious reasons i was a little worried.

Speaking of which, what is the actual security like? Do you have to show a pass or something to gain entry and are there visable security guards wandering around?

10 more days to go.... :D
There are secuirty guards patrolling at all times a day especially along the beach front, there are secuirty boxes outside the main entrance and also another security point on the road leading to the hotels.

Basically you can't gain access to the road leading to the hotels unless your a coach or cab or management. They won't let cars into the road and let strangers wonder in.
Well i feel really at ease now, thanks for the info. I just cant wait to go, we are going shopping tomorrow for all our holiday clothes :lol: 5 more working days to go. 8)
Thanks for all the reassuring info. I still worry about my two even though they are 12 & 9 and often more sensible than me!! :lol:
Only one week to go now! :pele
Who is going to be out there from the 23rd July?
Great to hear all the comments.

Lynda my boys will be 8 & 6 when we visit in July so good to hear about the kids clubs etc - especially the evening one. Might make use of that.
Hi we are going on the 23rd July to the Tropical with two children aged 8 and 5. It dosent say if ice cream is included in the AI and snacks does anyone know. Also does anyone know where the Jac suites are situated.
Ice cream is included, this is at the beach bar which can be quiet and is a little walk from the pools. There is also icecream at dinner and it is very nice!

Snacks are included too, from around 12-4.30pm you can go to either the pool or beach bar and order food fresh (although the beach actually cooks it fresh as there is less demand for stuff) so generally it is better to go there.
You can get stuff like Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Toasties, Pizza etc.

There are also cakes and biscuits at the pool bar from around 3ish to nibble on which are very nice.
Hello, be gentle with me this is my first time!! I having been watching this forum for a while and have trawled through the old archive posts with interest.
Thanks to all of you for sharin fabulous info, I wouldn't have known about £10 for visa if I hadnt come here.
I will be travelling to PP on 23rd July, my hubby and my two daughters 9 and 5. My friends (couple) are also holidaying here with us. My hubby will be the big 40 when we are there so I will be the one embarrasing him and he will be the one hiding!
We have had a bit of an outing with being booked into Tropical and then changed to PP(our choice) and then notice of the building work next door. I really am watching this post in the hope that people visiting before me mention the building work and if it causes any nuisance.
Looking at recent posts and the ones from the tail end of last year-really looking forward to it.
See you there JackieMitchell, saw you are arriving 23rd July also.
Does anyone know if there is a playground?Pegasus Palace site says yes and my little un keeps asking! :wave
Did anyone use the Stagecoach club as my oldest is keen on this?
Cheers all

Shar
[/img]
Welcome Bullseye!

Bullseye wrote:
My hubby will be the big 40 when we are there so I will be the one embarrasing him and he will be the one hiding!

I know from previous posts on the old PP thread that if you speak to the hotel they will make a birthday cake if you request it. Obviously you have to pay but from what I remember of the people who did this said the cake was delicious!

Bullseye wrote:
Did anyone use the Stagecoach club as my oldest is keen on this?

Didn't use it last year as it finished a couple of days after we arrived but my eldest daughter (also 9) is keen to go this year. We are there from 16th July for 2 weeks, so quite a few people from here will be joining us for our second week by the sounds of it!

Lynda xx
Thanks for the welcome Lynda1972, thats a good idea about the cake, I think I will ask about that when we get there, the kids will like it and I'll take a big enough candle!!
I was thinking of prebooking the stagecoach for my daughter (also age 9) as she is worried about it being busy time. Are you going to do that or wait? It be great for her with kids same age. So you've been before-thats sounds promising then :D
Kidsclubs sound great, both of my girls reckon we wont see them but I'm hoping they will want to spend a bit of time with us oldies! :roll:
Sounds like July is going to be busy, saw on earlier post some people considering taking their own parasol on plane, I'm considering that for little un who is fair and my friend who very blonde! Just in case cos we are not very early risers.
Does anyone who just come back know if the TomWatch system still going for candyfloss etc?

Cheers
Sharxx
Well, there were signs for Tomwatch but most drinks purchased not on the AI and afte 1am in Tropical were being logged on paper and billed to the room.

I got to checkout and the women goes you owe 20 Lira for beers and I was really confused, then she said she was joking :P
Hi,
Is the TOM watch something we need to be for drinks, ice creams, etc.?
Is it at the PP as well as the Tropical?
Oh, and a question from my ever-hungry kids... are there snacks available in the evening? I think they are assuming they might be wanting something after evening kids club visits! :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.