Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We are, very excited too. There seem to be a lot of us who have booked with them following their new routings.
We are flying out on 22nd November from Manchester, anyone else that day, if not when are you going.
Anyone flown with them before, is Dohah airport OK for transfer, whats the duty free like!!. Only way can get OH to travel so far is promise of a stop over for cheap duty free ciggies - bless him, he loves Goa but wishes it was 3 hours away.
Cant believe we are paying less to fly on a posh airline, than cooped up on a charter flight.
roxey,

You might want to have a look through the Qatar Airways thread. I've just had a friend fly with them from Doha to Manchester and they said they had a great experience, both with the airline and transfering through Doha.

Darren
Can anyone answer a question for me please.
We booked flights to India (for March) thru Tickets to India, we booked online. We paid for the tickets and printed off our confirmation. At the top of their confirmation letter it says:
"YOUR BOOKING IS NOW IN OUR RESERVATION SYSTEM AND THIS EMAIL ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT OF YOUR BOOKING. THIS IS NOT A BOOKING CONFIRMATION; FURTHER DETAILS OF YOUR BOOKING WILL BE CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL AS SOON AS YOUR BOOKING IS PROCESSED. THIS IS NORMALLY DONE WITHIN A FEW HOURS (DURING OFFICE HOURS).

What on earth does that all mean :duh Are we booked or not, cos the money has been paid to them :que Anyway we booked the flights last night but havent received an email as yet. Just wondering if anyone else received the same message and how long they waited to receive their email.
Thanks.
Gemma33,

It simply means your details are in the process of being added to the booking system. Once they've been processed, your booking will be confirmed and an email to confirm it will be sent. If there's a problem and your details aren't added for some reason, they'll notify you. It's like if you order goods over the internet; you'll get an email to confirm they've received your order, and a confirmation email saying when good are dispatched.

Darren
we have booked with them for jan 2010 had same letter.no confirmtion yet , have phoned the office twice said they would e mail straight away. still waiting booked monday. will phone again not very happy
Thanks Darren and Hitower. Puts my mind at rest now.
We can always phone if we dont hear anything. Will you let me know if you get your confirmation email Hitower, thanks.
And if you paid with Visa card you can get your cash back if it all goes wrong.
Thanks imho, and yes we did pay with a card.
Obviously we dont want to cancel but we were just a bit anxious about the confirmation email that we havent yet received :duh Never mind it might arrive today :)
Maybe cause its Sunday you will get a email tomorrow. If you have on line Banking check on that to see if this cash has gone out.
OH checked yesterday and money hadnt been taken yet. He is working today but will get him to check when he get homes. Thanks imho :)
hi just sent e mail to them. will let you know if i get reply could you keep me informed on your progress with them.many thnks :sun2
Yes Hitower I will do, no problem.
I thought well its the weekend, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. If I havent heard anything by tomorrow evening about 5pm then I will get in contact as well.
Keep you posted :tup
Hi have just found confirmtion email from tickets to india, it was in my spam folder hope this helps.feel better now. :)
Thats a relief Hitower. We havent heard anything yet. How long was the confirmation lying in your spam folder for?
hi been there for 4/5 days. im sure you wil hear soon let me know interested ;)
Still heard nothing from Flights to India, so IMO, first opinions of them arent that great :duh
We emailed them this morning and got no response.
Phoned them tonight and we were advised our booking was "being processed" and we should hear something within "the next 1-2 hours", that was 3 hours ago and we've heard nothing :think
I asked the agent on the other end of the line her name and her reply was "customer service", I said I know its customer service, but what is your name, but she wouldnt give out that information :really
If we've heard nothing within the next few hours then I will phone when I come home from work again tomorrow.
The agent on the phone advised me that they are waiting on confirmation back from the airlne that everything is ok. What a stupid answer, why take bookings and sell seats in the first place if there is a problem :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.