Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
yes and i also wonder Fiona how many of the ones lost by Virgin last year/season were due to to Sri Lankan (London Goa via Colombo)... as that was a very very popular choice beginning of this season and last season ...and during the last monsoon time? maybe all a bit of a knock on effect to kingfisher starting?
chilly
The falling numbers on The Sri Lanka - Goa flight are part of the reason, but we flew August 2008, approx 30 on an Airbus and again November 2008 twice, and the same each time. So this is not a new problem. Airlines hate to lose a "slot" so these decisions are not taken lightly.
The other reason, as told to us on Monday by the manager of SriLankan in Panaji whilst trying to sort out our UK return for May, is leases. As I am sure you know, most airlines lease their planes. SriLankan found themselves in the position of lots of leases coming up for renewal and lots of loss-making routes. The chance to kill two birds with one stone was taken and the Goa-Columbo flight fell victim.
I know that the charters from UK do not start till late October,early November, but does anyone knwo if there are any other carriers that fly direct to Dabolim from any European city?
I wish there were some :( , but I'm 99% sure that only the British charter flights are direct to Goa. Condor used to have one from Frankfurt, but now that is routed with a stop in Dubai, and only flys Nov-Apr.
x lassi
Direct, non-stop UK to Goa.........definitely charters only.
Other European cities? 99.999% sure not.

If you need to travel outside the charter season, probably the "easiest" for a first-timer is Jet Airways, London-Bombay-Goa. The connections are good both ways, the price is competitive, and with the same carrier all the way you are not worrying about missing a flight (its their problem, not yours!). Southall Travel are good to book with.
Yeah done that before Johnny, and looking to do it again with Kingfisher from London probably. Living in Scotland I was hoping for a short flight to Germany or somewhere then a direct flight from there, but looks as if not possible. Will be going outwith the charter season, so looks like the only option to go via Mumbai
would like to go to goa for a month with direct flights and book our own accomodation.can anyone reccomend which airline to book with? have always booked a package before so not sure who to book the flight with.
thanks
Jet Airways or Kingfisher. Book through Southall Travel.
Try travel supermarket it shows the cheapest deal for a lot of brokers and airlines including Jet and Kingfisher

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/cheap-flights/
Bushbaby if you are wanting a direct flight First Choice do a flight only with 1 nights accommodation or you could book a dormhouse package and just use the flight, we have done that before. The only thing with FC they don't release the flight only seats until near to the time of departure.

Debs
Johnny Five wrote
Jet Airways or Kingfisher. Book through Southall Travel.

meagain wrote
Try travel supermarket it shows the cheapest deal for a lot of brokers and airlines including Jet and Kingfisher

Tonight I put ten different holiday fortnight dates, from November 2009 to February 2010 into "Travel Supermarket" and ten times it gave me Jet Airways through Southall Travel as the cheapest option.

With very few exceptions this has been the case since Jet started flying internationally several years ago. For some reason Southall are considerably cheaper than Jets own web-site, and at least £10 cheaper than other agents at present.
I think we've missed the posters original question..They asked for direct flights. If they want non stop flights then the only way to go is by Charter Flight.
Yes I think we have!
Somehow managed to convert "direct" to "scheduled".
Must be the heat?
Your other option is Kingfisher-Bangalore-Goa, Some of there connections are also good,and a much better Airport than Mumbi :tup
I have found http://www.ticketstoindia.co.uk cheaper than southall travel most times :tup they use all the main airlines and seem to favour kingfisher who are first class
Big deal for me and my OH.Non stop seems to be for us flying from Manchester charter.Next season with the operators reducing flights and overall capacity is going to be a big problem.

One of the great attractions for us going back to Goa after a break of a few years was the fact that the charter airlines had put on extended range aircraft which made the flight non stop.

Next season they seem to be pricing themselves beyond the means of many Goa regulars which means we have to consider scheduled.

For us in the North West this invariably means a Middle East connection thereby extending the flight time via Mumbai.

For us a major consideration and unless the major tour operators become more realistic re pricing(and given their business model,unlikely)we will be looking elsewhere next year.

Lots of terrific bargains out their right now flight wise.

Big tour operators better wise up soon.

Papa
hi all ,my mate told me that emrates flights via dubai to goa are starting from october has anyone heard this info. :que
Yes I read about it in the India Times when in Goa in March can't see it being any cheaper than going via Mumbai
thanks for reply, i dont know the prices of these flights yet i have flown with emrates via mumbia before its the best flight we have ever had to goa in all our years,apart from the stayover in mumbia.not for the faint harted.cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.