Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
i know it,s along way off,but am looking for flights for march 2009,Jewel in the crown have got one from gatwick 15nts £435 anybody seen any better,undecided whether to book now or wait till after xmas.
Hello Manxcat..That looks a good deal to me i can tell you we have paid alot more than that for flights at that time of the year before now but on saying that after all the trouble thats been around you may get them slightly cheaper if you wait just that bit longer but its a chance you take..
Darren

I don't know whether I am dreaming or not but when I was browsing this forum last year I seem to remember that if someone gave you a flight number and time you were able to tell them what route the aircraft had been on prior to their flight. We are flying out on TOM353 from Manchester. Is it possible for you to tell me where the aircraft is flying in from to get to Manchester before flying to Gatwick and then on to Goa.

Hope this makes sense.
dave's wife,

I can try!! It's not always possible to track aircraft on previous flights, but in most cases I can. TOM353/4 is operated by an ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. We also have a dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for durther aircraft details. Snowyboy asked the same question and has just flown out on your flight. You don't say what dates you are flying, but the inbound aircraft operates from the Dominican Republic or Aruba depending on the week. The Aruba flight is fortnightly (TOM851/2).

Darren
Thanks for your reply Darren,

Hope you had a good holiday

We are flying December 25th.

Where is Aruba?
Dave Wales

Don't know whether it's too late for my opinion but we have flown long haul with First Choice, Thomson and Monarch. If First Choice are 10/10 then I would give Monarch about 4/10. Narrow seats and not enough leg room for me I'm about
5' 9". You pays your money you takes your choice but it wouldn't matter to me how much saving flying with Monarch would save me I just wouldn't fly with them long haul again. In my experience of Goa flights if there is a long delay it's nearly always a Monarch flight.
hi darren flying with emirates on friday 19th dec @13.40 from lgw to dbx eko16
any idea on the plane and how many class's in it,,ive booked row 17 a but am getting conflicting answers about the 777-300er but not sure if its 2 or 3 class
thanks
robbie
robbie,

Flight EK016 LGW-DXB, Operated By Boeing 777-300ER

This Is In 3 Class, First, Buisness And Economy

Seating Diagram Can Be Seen Here

Row 17 Is The First Of The Economy Class

Gower
Seems like Thomas Cook flights to/from Goa are delayed again tonight, about 12 hours I believe. Anybody out there know why it is happening as these delays seem to be on the increase. It will mess us up big time in March if it's like this every time. :que
Knock on from having an A330 stuck in Las Vegas for 44 hrs due to the snow fall there and subsequent airport closure!!
How have people found Thomas Cook when travelling to Goa?

We're flying out from Manchester on the 16th February, and haven't used Thomas Cook before. We've prebooked seats of two near the back of the plane, so that the two of us are sat together :)
Room wise etc, how have people found it?
Salford,

You'll find lots of opinions over on the Thomas Cook Airlines thread. Seat pitch on the A332's is now 33" so they're quite roomy. The rear 5 rows of outer seats are excellent.

Darren
Hoping this is the right place to post this!

I'm going back to India again in November/December but this time for longer and want to go to Delhi and Mumbai and then end up in Goa.

Am I best of flying into Delhi and then Mumbai and then Goa or flying into Goa and then doing it backwards?? OR flying into Mumbai then up to Delhi etc?? :que

And what about returning to UK? I hope this makes sense to someone!

Thanks xx :)
Hi, we're looking at flight only to Goa, flying out on a Saturday from LGW. The 'flight only' sites are just showing Monarch flights at the moment, but a quick look on the holiday sites shows a Thompson and a Thomas Cook flight as well - The same as this years winter programme. When do the airlines finalise timings for their flights to Goa for the 2009 season (Starts Nov) and when might they be for sale as FO?
I can't speak for Thomas Cook, but for Thomson/First Choice there will be very limited seat only flights available from now on if any at all. There used to be 2-3 flights a week from MAN/LGW and a flight from EMA and BHX in past years. Winter 09/10 will see only one flight from EMA,MAN and LGW which will mean capacity for flight only sales will be none existant.

Try booking a cheap and cheerful holiday- 1 or 2* accom + flight it usually works out cheaper than flight only- I got a long haul flight and 2* hotel for £290 recently, but flight only was £468.
I've just looked, there are flights available in November, Jan and April but as you say not December so it looks like what seats are available have already been released.

They usually release seats for flight only when the holidays have failed to sell 8 weeks prior to departure- when last minute holidays go on sale- then its just a case of which sells first.

But going on the capacity reductions I have mentioned above I don't think there will be many reliable flight only seats available as a last minute- I wouldn't risk it.
Thanks for the Heads up, I need a connecting flight to LGW so was hoping to get that early before the prices went up. If capacity is vastly reduced, my plans may be scuppered!! Might be time to try the scheduled airlines. There is also the problem that some of the airlines operating today may well not be in business in December!! I'll remember the 8 week rule....very useful!
Virgin to suspend Mumbai services

Virgin Atlantic is temporarily suspending flights from London Heathrow to Mumbai from early May.

The airline said passenger numbers on the route have been falling for many months, even before the global economic slowdown.

It said over capacity on the route meant other airlines are operating "irrationally" and servicing the route at a loss.

The airline said it would reinstate the service when it is economically viable to do so.

The last flight will be VS350 on Saturday May 2 from London Heathrow and flight VS351 on Sunday May 3 from Mumbai.

Virgin will continue to operate its daily service between London Heathrow and Delhi and said it would explore flying to other Indian cities in future.

With permission from Travelmole
WOW :yikes thats a turn up, then i suppose perhaps not that unexpected as i think a lot of customers might have been lost to Kingfisher?? but even so a possible sign of the times as Sri lanka airlines is also stopping internal daily flights to Goa from Colombo in the next weeks due to low numbers! i have met a couple of people who have had to bring their flights forward or change flights/airlines because of this.
chilly
  • Edited by chilly 2009-03-10 18:17:58
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.