Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Does anybody know who are doing the best deals on flights to Goa India at christmas this year?
I would like a three weeks holiday but would settle for a two week
but would like to be there for christmas and new year '09
thanks
Monarch seem to have the best prices year on year, I would suggest you try all the major websites. Including the ones mentioned above such as Virgin, Jet airways etc.. if you travel scheduled you will have to go indirect and Indian airports are not the most user friendly at the best of times.

Search them all, but weigh in other cost factors, the cheapest initial deal may look tempting but price up additional costs such as airport carparking, additional costs to further away airports etc..

http://www.thomsonfly.com
http://www.firstchoice.com
http://www.monarch.co.uk
http://www.cosmos.co.uk
http://www.travelsupermarket.com - good one as it allows you to select upto three departure airports- I havent come across any other website that allows this.

I find expedia a bit pricey on the whole, although some bargins can occasionally be found.
We are flying with Thomas Cook flight number 01L08 from Gatwick. any flight details would be appreciated.
newington,

That's the flight reference number from the brochure, not your flight number. Your flight is operated by an Airbus A330-243. For more information, refer to the dedicated Thomas Cook thread.

Darren
Anybody getting any good prices for flights from Manchester, late January 09, preferably not Monarch? The ones I've checked out seem very high...I usually leave it later but for various reasons would like to confirm dates.
Roma - im having a look for flights at the moment, we want to go at the same time as you, and like you, we want to book as early as possible so we know we get a good hotel.
Im finding both flights and packaged holidays expensive at the moment.

How much are you looking at paying for flight only? im looking at around 400pounds per person, but im struggling to find any flights near that at the moment :(
Booked last week for Feb 09 with Sri Lankan airways, I think I got a good deal, £890 for the two of us.
Never flown with them before usually fly charter, but First Choice quoted £1700 for flight only for the same dates. I know it takes longer but will put up with it if it means saving money. Can anyone tell me what are they like to fly with?
Yummymummy - Will pay £500 each (as we did for this year's January flights). The year before that I left it really last minute and got them for £260. Trouble is, it's pot luck and there may well be no seats left.

Interesting suggestion hughsie - will look into SRA.
hmm, i think the cheapest flight only thats direct to Goa will cost around 500-600pounds if you book early, and we do not want to leave it til the last minute like we did this year, because we want a better hotel.

I think we'll stick with the standard packaged holiday, found a good deal with thomascook to the somy resort, we know its a basic 2star hotel, but its in a good location (busy) , and it has a lounge area.
Forgot who the flights with, but i know its not monarch :rofl
Hiya,
Have been quiet for some, been in hibernation!!! Sorry.
have been to goa for some years now always flying direct. am thinking of going via bahrain, has anyone got any views on this please?
Would like to know the pros and cons from any of you more seasoned goa explorers.
I will try to put some pics and details of the amazing places we went last January at some time
But any info on flying times and time spent in bahrain airport would be gratefully received.
Thank Jill
Never stopped over in Bahrain myself but the stories i've heard, people can't physically carry enough ciggerettes/duty free through because they are that cheap!! good if you like a few bargins.

Obviously I would never condone going over ones Duty free allowance however! :tup
Woo Hoo....just got my holiday confirmation for next Easter and my flights are with First Choise Airways. This year I went by Monarch....arrgghhhhh and I was on the dreaded MON4373 via Gatwick to Manchester.

Just reading the on-board facilities, it sounds FCA sounds sooooo much better than Monarch.

Are they?
  • Edited by Spinner 2008-05-24 17:02:16
Spinner,

Have a look at the First Choice thread for more details. In a word, yes. By far!

Darren
fao dazbo!or anyone else who may know. :) .were going to goa in november for two weeks and someone said something about thomas cook taking a few seats out of plane to make standard seating more roomy,is this true or is it just wishfull thinking,thanks! ;)
Kingfisher plans Heathrow-India flights

Private Indian airline Kingfisher has signalled an early September start of flights from London.

The airline's chairman and CEO, Indian tycoon Virjay Mallya, revealed in a BBC interview that the carrier had obtained slots at Heathrow to the allow flights to commence.

The route would be either to Mumbai or Bangalore and would be the carrier's first international service.

Kingfisher Airlines was established three years ago as India's first 'five-star airline' and is part of the UB group, the world's third largest drinks company.

The airline merged with rival Deccan a year ago and now serves 64 cities in India with almost 500 daily departures.

With permission from Travelmole
Has anybody had any success using the Thomas Cook Flights website? It doesn't allow you to put in a stay of 28 days so I e-mailed and got this reply:

EDIT: Sorry, but personal emails should not be reproduced on the forum. Feel free to summarise the contents in your own words instead ... David HT Mod

So a web site for booking flights can't advise on availability or cost. How absolutely bizarre. Needless to say, I won't be investing 20p per minute to ask them what they're talking about

Isn't it a mess when customers get in the way of company systems. :shrug
Anybody booked on line with Thomas Cook?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.