Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: flights to goa
391 Posts
Try Virgin Atlantic to Mumbai then Kingfisher to Goa,we did Heathrow/Deli and Delhi/Goa with
these airlines in Jan/Feb ,they were both great.
ann :wave:
Can recommend Jet Airways, all the way, Heathrow-Mumbi-Goa. :D
Hi Split,

We came back from Goa by Jet Airways Feb 08 and it was brilliant, no delays, smooth as clockwork.
Goa-Mumbia-Heathrow Change of aircraft at Mumbia but luggage is transfered automatically so you are not dragging cases from one terminal to another.
Very modern aircraft lots of leg & arm room, cabin & toilets spotless, food good, onboard entertainment was the best Ive ever experienced on a flight, all extra drinks included in price.
We have always gone with Monarch and I have to say we have had good and bad experiences with them, however I am not saying Jet Airways are faultless 'caus we have only used them this once but the whole experience was a delight more than I can say about Monarch even on their good flights.

Tush
just wondered if anyone has flown with gulf air to mumbai and how was it?have always flown with jet airways, just seen lhr-mumbai- lhr for £302 with gulf.
hi all
we are flying to goa on friday 11 april with monarch from manchester-has anyone any recent information about the aircraft. type, inflight service and entertainment etc?
thanks
suehug,

There's lots of information on the Monarch thread. If you let me have your flight number, I'll check on the aircraft type (eg MON4502/3? currently an Airbus A300B4-605R).

Darren
hi Darren-thanks for the help

our flight numbers are
outward MON 6382
Return MON 6383

thanks again-not long now!!
suehug,

MON6382/3 are being operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R.

Darren
We're flying from LGW 13/04 at 14.45 on MON2682 and home 28/04 on MON2683. When I booked, they said it was via Bahrain but I think our flight nos & times last year were the same as this and it was direct to Dabolim. Any one know which is right?
Thanks
Gail
GEC,

The need for a technical stop (fuel) in Bahrain depends on the aircraft type assigned to the flight. If they are using their A332 or 763, they have the range (endurance) to operate the flight direct. If they are using an A300B4, then it has to stop. MON2682 is operated by an A330-243 and an A300B4-605R on a bi-monthly rota. The flight on 6th April should be operated by an A300B4-605R and therefore needs to stop. Your flights on 13/28th April should be an A330-243 and therefore should be direct.

Darren
I am flying to Goa on 13th April with Thomas Cook on flight number MON 2682 We are stopping off at Bahrain en rout

to refuel apparently and we have been told that we must stay on the aircraft while this happens.

Does anyone know if this is the normal procedure

Hi MRNOISY and welcome to HT!

Yes it is normal procedure for passengers to remain onboard while a plane is refuelling. You will probably be asked to keep all the window blinds open and have your seatbelts unbuckled while it is being carried out.

luci :wave
Thanks for your fast reply ...WOW this site is a must for anyone going abroad
Happy to be of service! :D Hope you stick around and enjoy the site. There is a wealth of information on here and our members are only too happy to answer any questions.

Hi Mrnoisy

I have flown many times from M/Chester to Goa via Bahrain and we have always had to get off the aircraft and take all hand luggage with us.

Tush
Perhaps different airports have different procedures. I am happy to be corrected.

I think Goa have difference proceedures than most other airports. The technical stop is longer than the 'splash and dash' approach in operation at other airports. Normally, passengers stay on the aircraft while refuelling takes place but the extended stop in Bahrain makes is better for passengers to disembark and do some shopping!

Darren
Apparently Monarch get cheaper fuel at Bahrain airport than surrounding options, because the airport owners make a profit from the duty free the passengers buy. In previous years the agreement even went as far as Monarch being restricted in selling duty free on board, i'm not sure of this rule this season however.
Have 3 very similar prices for flights from Heathrow to Goa. Airlines are Jet, Air India and Virgin. Anyone travelled with any and can compare. Air India is the chapest by £100 but jet seem to have a good reputation. Any advice on which is best ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.