Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I agree with what you are saying Michelle - bearing in mind the way FC have treated us so far can you honestly believe KABC will open on 1st July. I would think there is a very strong possiblity that date will also be put back as I agree there must be more that minor work to be carried out particularly if you read SP55's post on the work that he thinks still needs to be completed and he has seen the site unlike the FC customer advisors.

I am thankful for small mercies as I would rather be cancelled than arrive on a building site. I am sure the complex will be brill when finished and I do hope that it is up and running for everyone going on from 1st July onwards but I am doubtful.

Michelle - we couldn't get good day flights from the midlands any earlier than the 26 June so that is when we will be going so at least there will be some overlap for our daughters which I know will please mine now she has made a friend!

Lets hope PP is as good as I am hoping it will be!
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't get on the computer yesterday and just got back from shopping to read 16 pages of HELL :shock:

Can't believe this has happened, well, yes I can actually. Am holding on the phone to FC as I write this. Thanks to everyone who has been cancelled for their advice and for repeating their discussions with FC it sure helps.

Will let you know outcome and new holiday destination.

Julie
x
I can't get through....nobody has called me...i need to change my holiday.
Please all read the following before posting.

http://www.urban75.com/Action/libel.html

Do not mention FC staff by name.

Thanks.
We still have not been told we are cancelled, have you Sam? no tickets either! :evil:
Hello all! I finally managed to get through to FC and have re-booked for the KABC for the 5th July. This is one week forward from my original booking. You may think i am a glutton for punishment but i still reckon it will be open by this time. I dont mind further works going on whilst i am there as long as there is at least one pool and food and drink. I think it would have been ready for the 24th May but that FC have erred on the side of caution. Time will tell if i am right :D The new booking was more expensive that my original booking but they stated without argument that the further cost would be covered.
Not been told either! Nor any tickets. Have spoken to FC though and in the process of picking another holiday!
Is there anyone left due to go on the first July? Or will we be the first there on the fifth?
PS they told me they are bringing in more staff for the afternoon and evening shift to help deal with all the calls.
Hi All

Well I am a bit happier. I am going to the Club Atlantica Sungarden Beach Hotel.....Fly out a couple of hours later on the 24th...and come back at least half a day later!!!

Still need to sort my parking out though but i will do that when I get home.....What time will you lot be at Gatwick???? Maybe we could meet up?? My flight is 9:15am.

I am nervous about going on my own now...wish some of you were coming with!!! The Atlantica Sungarden Beach forum is sooo quiet....I will be talking to myself on there as well as on holiday......Anyway, If any of you have been to Cyprus before please let me know....By the way the holiday was a couple of hundred pounds extra...got a better room etc.....and £101 compensation.........
they told me they are bringing in more staff for the afternoon and evening shift to help deal with all the calls.

They'll probably need them after the programme tonight.
My OH is in a FC shop at the moment and the rep has told her she knows nothing about the resort not being ready, if it wasn't ready then we should have been contacted....
You can't get through on the number FC gave us, FC are lying to us as when I rang the accomodation query number they said I rang the special needs helpline.....??? I think they're probably doing a damage report to see what to say to their customers.

River
To all who need it the FC Helpline No. is 01617 452113.

Just booked into Pegasus Palace Turkey, gave us a price of £1,500 for Thurs 15/6 but all flight seats booked. Price for Mon 12/6 £1,850, but have honoured price of £1,500 for a Jacuzzi Suite!! Asked them for pre-bookable seats on the plane and for meals, all of which we didn't have previously.

They seem to be bending over backwards to help, pity they couldn't have been more helpful previously.

Still claiming that resort is ready, but there may have been a few complaints from clients to the odd bit of building work going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 4 weeks now till our holiday and at least it's built. Anyone else booked for Pegasus Palace.

Julie
x
Lisa

Don't worry about Cyprus we have been twice and loved it. Two years ago we went to Protarus all inclusive and three years ago Ayia Napa self catering. We went in October both times so it was quite quiet. We went to the square every night in Ayia Napa which has loads of bars and restaurants - I don't think I would go to them in peak season though.

We would really like to go again but it's not cheap.

Don't worry about your hotel because if it's the one i'm thinking of it looked lovely. :D
just got thru to FC, they confirmed cancellation and offered £71!!!
Hi Lisa

You will love Cyprus, we have a wonderful time when we went, i would go back every year, but my wife like to go to different places, we stayed near to Protaras, the island has plenty of water parks, and other places to vist.
Hi All

Well i would like to say a great big thank you to everyone in this forum.

I am so upset that i am not joining you on holiday!!

Maybe we can all go in May next year.

Please keep in touch...add me to your messenger!!!
Hi Lisa,
Did they contact you to cancel or did you have to contact them?
Does the hotel your going to have wavelength?
telnshell
Lisa

I forgot about the water park. It's the best one we have ever been to - we actually went twice on the two weeks we were there. If you are going to go don't buy your tickets off the Reps. We found in both resorts taxi stands and arranged for a taxi to pick us up from our hotel, the driver also gave us special discounted tickets to get in. I can't remember exactly how much we saved but it was quite a bit - enough to make us go again the following week - which we would never normally do.
The taxi then came and picked us up at the end of the day.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.