Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi all,

We've now re-booked to go to Cyprus on 24th May to Riu Cypria Bay. Lisa, you'll love Cyprus, we've been twice - once to Protaras and once to Ayia Napa. We're going to Paphos this time. Our flight isn't til 1pm, shame would have been nice to meet up. Good Luck to everyone else, hope you all get something booked. Even now we know where we're going still feel really stressed about it all.

Karen
Have just been down to FC who still knew nothing about it. Pointed her to the photos on the web and she was mortified. She spent half an hour waiting to get through to her Customer Services then to be told yes in fact our holiday has been cancelled, and to rub salt in the wound while we were sat there the postman delevered our tickets to the office!!
The rep has tried to find us something else but not much about so not looking good for a holiday in 2 weeks at the moment.
Going back again after work to see if we can find anything else. :(
Hi

I will look into the waterparks tonight. I hate the things but I will go as the kids were so looking forward to waterslides at KABC.

I am disappointed, and I know I go on, but I was so looking forward to meeting you 24thers and being part of a group!

I don't think there is Wavelength at the hotel. The rooms look nice though, split level, bedroom upstairs with ensuite then lounge area downstairs with large balcony and double sofa bed, and another bathroom.

Have to take double the toiletries now!!! Just thought of that. I won't be clubbing in Aiya Napa though!!! Damn and blast the children!!
I also feel now for Kos itself, the island and it's residents are going to miss out on the income that the beach club was going to bring in.

I think you will find that quite the opposite is the case.

In Corfu we had significant proof that All-Inc caused an over all downturn in the existing tourist businesses, it was thought ( hoped ) that this situation was unique to Corfu.

Of recent times I have had much the same kind of information from Kos, with similar stories to the ones I heard in Corfu.

In Kefalonia things may be different I have not had any information from there as yet.
But who really is to blame? Is it FC? Well, they are to blame for thier poor customer service leading to this cancellation (Lies told, lack of true information etc) but are they being shafted by the builders? Have the builders been shafted by their suppliers? We could go on but to date, I feel poor communication & false statements has led to custmer dissatisfaction and the people of Kos are also losing out.

Well I know where I lay the blame. FC had these resorts designed & built to their specification for their exclusive use. If I was spending such large sums of money I would ensure that I had an independent project manager on each site to negotiate the problems and make accurate progress reports.

The cost of such a person for each site would be considerably less than they are going to pay to sort these problems out and far far less than one year's income from Kefalonia & Corfu which will now open a year late.

For whatever reason it would appear that FC have been working on highly inaccurate information, which has directly lead us to where we are now.

Frankly I feel sorry for many working at FC customer services, because they appear to have been misinformed throughout and had to deal with far too many angry customers as a result.

Ultimately it shows a lack of regard for the customer and equally so for the tour operators staff, both of which deserve far better.
I'd volunteer to project manage a new build. Having been affected i know exactly what happens when these things go wrong.
hi all we whent up to our fc shop to day at 9.15 am and left at 12.15 .we have chenged to pp at know extra cost .we got last room in hotel afamilay room .we now fly out on the 13 of july and we did not pay an admin fee. that is abit fuuny they must know something as it was know problem to change .so let hope it will be agood holiday :?: :wave
rab when were you going
:D Finally!!!! We have re-booked to go to Turkey!! Just want to say thanks to everyone who has kept this site up to date with the latest info and sharing the whole rotten experience of the KABC! Who is up for booking the KABC next year!!!!
Well What a day!!!!

Armed with my choices I rode up to the FC shop today ready to read the riot act!

Well after a 3hr stay at the shop and 2hrs of that was just the girl trying to get though... we finally got it changed.

We had chosen the Costa Del Sol Holiday Village. We priced it up last nigh and thought we would chance our luck as it was £800 more expensive.

I stated on no uncertain terms am I paying anymore for this holiday as this has caused enough stress that i feel I may need another to get over it!!!!LOL

This is how it went, Shop Manager - FC are willing to cut the cost by £600 that would leave a balance of £192, me - not a chance!

Shop Manager to FC if I cover half of the £192 out of my budget will you go the other half for these customers - FC - NO!

Shop Mananger - What about compensation for these customers?
FC - yes we will pay £85 compensation and deduct that from holiday!!!

SO basically FC paid out £685 extra for my holiday and the shop covered £107!!!

The only thing being I now have to make a 4hr drive to Manchester as there were no flights from Scotland for anything we liked!

All in all I'm quite pleased that it sorted now going on 2nd Junne now tho so will have to my skates on and get organised!

Can't wait to see the programme tonight now!!!!!!!

Carreen
xxx
just changed to fuertaventura 27th may finally got fc well had to phone shop where i booked in the end hol was more expensive but shop got me back a free child place ans a discount ended up nearly 400 quid in pocket and still got 80 to 100 comp coming but i still wish we didnt have to change good luck all 8)
well everyone weve cancelled and booked to go to Rhodes at no extra cost and they are giving us a refund and we werent going till5 july maybe its because there are 15 of us or is it it might not be open :?: :?: :?:
Hi all, well I finally got through and re-booked for the 5th July so Firebird we can only hope that everything is ok. Buzz has done the same. Seems we will put up with all this stress so we can go back to Kos :fly :sun :gluck to everybody else who are re-booking their holiday.
Are any of the 24thers from Gatwick still going on the 24th??? If so what time will you be at Gatwick and where are you going?
I finally re-booked going to Turkey holiday vllage 27th May so 3 days later than planned, got the hol for £1500 for a jacuzzi suite for 4 of us so getting a refund of neary £900 which will come in handy.
Our travel agent which isnt a first choice one is going to fight for more compo for us, so we are writing a letter to take in.
I know a lot of you have changed to the PP anyone else going same time as us?
We also had to sort out the insurance whihc luckily was same price and cancel parking in bristol as now going from Gatwick so are getting a taxi which is £170, I want FC to pay for that or the difference to the parking but we will see!!
hope you are all managing to swap about and get what u want.
Sam x
carreen, the costa del sol has had really good reviews, i met people out in lanzagrotty last year who went the year before and had a fab time, brilliant place for the kids, we would have gone there but there was only self catering available not incusive for the date we wanted
Firebird from what I know of you I would volunteer you to be project manager as well... you would do a good job I am sure. :)
Well I've just come off the phone from FC and they were extremely helpfull. Wow!!!! Cuba 2 weeks 5 star hotel, fantastic!!! Booked it and no extra to pay, I didn't think they'd go for it... I'm still in shock!!!

River
Hi Michelle,

It was one of the ones we looked at last year when we were going to book Kos but it was working out way more than we could afford - close to the £3K mark I think!

SO got quite a good deal - just going to have a look and see if there are any reviews now!!!

Carreen
xxx
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.