Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Thanks for that rab but I can't seem to get on to it. I'll try again later but it is coming up with an error.
Michelle - it's for exactly the reasons you state - high temps, vaccinations and mossies that we opted for Holiday Village Costa del Sol rather than Turkey or Egypt (both of which look great if no little 'uns with you). Must admit we were panicked into booking HV by increasing lack of availability elsewhere, but am determined to have a great time, and hopefully meeting up with Carreen in our 2nd week. If FC are monitoring this forum they'll realise that you're in possession of all the facts (and an army of supporters) and cannot be fobbed off with unsatisfactory response to your request to change again.
did some one say they have changed to cuba? if so where to and did you have to pay loads more
Annie I think it was river who is now going to cuba.
Jabs recommended for Turkey for those considering -

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/travel/asia/turkey.shtml

Still can't get over that programme tonight.
Thanks for that rab but I can't seem to get on to it. I'll try again later but it is coming up with an error.

I think that the web address is wrong, try:

http://www.travelvax.net/
we are booked for the 19th july, we dont want to change our holiday, we want to cancel it!!!! :evil:
off topic i know-sorry

we went to turkey and did not have any jabs.................

gp said as it was a tourist area we were going to, they were not needed
8) hi everyone i work in the building trade and kabc isnt going to be ready for at least 6 months i reckon its in a terrible state no excuse for fc they knew that wasnt going to be ready 4 to 5 months ago 8)
I'm soooooooo sorry to anyone i offended yesterday, i was taken in by FC bull s**t, grovel grovel. But on a serious point, take care anyone going to turkey, bodrum is nice, marmaris is not, you get hassle from everyone, shops resteraunts, hairdressers, persons selling trips, everyone. The market is a joke in Marmaris if you want to get squashed like sardines then try it. The trip to (cant remember the name of the place), but it is the mountains that look like snow, DONT go, they tell you it is 1.5 hours, but really it is 4 hours, once you get there you are only allowed to go on certain parts, and not in the pools as shown on the photos, you then have 1.5 hour to kill before the 4 hour trip home (just the trip you love to go on with 2 kids NOT). Well we will let you know what we book. Were due to go KABC on the 21 June, but called today and they confirmed will not be open until at least 1st July. Have fun. :)
8) michelle ive been to turkey five times it will be very hot when you go but i dont thik you need the injections in tourist areas would nt be sure about the baby though i think the baby is too young for the jabs 8)
Hi

I'm still in a state of shock and I am wondering, like Michelle if i booked in a rush...still having only 13 days to go.....it is somewhat of a rush....I suppose I didn't really have much of a choice of a change as its only a week......I am wondering if there are better hotels in Cyprus than the one I have booked??? add insult to injury I got my final invoice to confirm i had paid in full through today.......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/holiday/tv_and_radio/holiday_hit_squad/hhs_anthony_kos.shtml

This link gives the commentary of the BBC proramme shown earlier. Quote

What's more, the company said: "if anyone due to travel this summer still has concerns we would be happy for them to amend to another holiday free of charge."
I'm soooooooo sorry to anyone i offended yesterday, i was taken in by FC bull s**t, grovel grovel. But on a serious point, take care anyone going to turkey, bodrum is nice, marmaris is not, you get hassle from everyone, shops resteraunts, hairdressers, persons selling trips, everyone. The market is a joke in Marmaris if you want to get squashed like sardines then try it. The trip to (cant remember the name of the place), but it is the mountains that look like snow, DONT go, they tell you it is 1.5 hours, but really it is 4 hours, once you get there you are only allowed to go on certain parts, and not in the pools as shown on the photos, you then have 1.5 hour to kill before the 4 hour trip home (just the trip you love to go on with 2 kids NOT). Well we will let you know what we book. Were due to go KABC on the 21 June, but called today and they confirmed will not be open until at least 1st July. Have fun. :)
We have just spoken to *** at web support FC on 0870 850 3999 (ex 4207) and he was very helpful and changed us to the all inclusive in Rhodes which came up at £500 more than we paid for the KABC on the 28th June. He swapped it at NO EXTRA CHARge (amazing !)
Call him quick as another guy there said we would have to pay the extra, so we asked to speak to steve again.

good luck.
:lol:
**Personal name removed - Kath**
Where are you going to in Rhode G Nigel
My question exactly!!!
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
Booboo2 - The place is Pamukala (not sure on the spelling!) and when we went to Turkey, we went in pools too - they were wonderful. Maybe your tour didn't cover the pools.

Michelle - as someone's already said, you don't have to have jabs, they're just recomended. If you're in a built up area (i.e. tourist) then I think you may be OK, but if you're going anywhere near open country (loads of trees, plants etc where there could be mosquitos) I would personally say it's best to have them, though I have to stress this is just a personal choice. I really do understand your concerns with a small child and I hope you manage to sort something out that you are happy with.

Everybody travelling after July 1st to KABC - those asking what to do, only you can make the decision. I personally would change as I echo what's already been said and can't see it opening this year. If you do decide to wait and see, start looking now for alternatives and have places in mind that you would like to go to. If they require jabs, get them just in case you end up going. The protection may come in useful for subsequent holidays anyway. This way, if you get cancelled, you know exactly where you want to go and what room type etc you want and won't end up choosing a place in a panic and being pushed into something that you don't really want just because FC have vacancies there.

Good luck everyone
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.