Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
I dont think that can possible be open and ready for business by July, so we are going to try to get our money back, we have only paid a deposit but I will give it all I've got to get every penny back. If not then try to change to something else :x
My sister has just been called by fc shop and has been told they wil find her a new holiday but the compensation is only £10 per person.
She was really really helpful but explained they can look for holidays but
can not actually change bookings as she booked online which is
a different booking system to the shops but they were determind to find an alternative holiday and would call online team to get them to change it over.
My sister says she feels so sorry for the fc travel agents trying to sort out thr fc website booking mess but cause they are so lovely and so determined to put this right even though the booking wasnt done in thir shop my sisteer has just said it
was the best service she has ever had much better than the £200
she saved by booking online-that she will only book through
this travel agent from now on
just thought you should know-incase fc shops phone you -I know you could argue that they all work for the same company-but it must be stressful for them when most peple didnt even book with them in the first place and yet FC are making them sort it out not on the phone either
but face to face.
so if they call you remember to be nice -they are only trying to help you
and my sis now has a much better holiday than she booked online
ans more important someone to talk to about it each step of the way
My sis said it was apleasure to deal with them at the fc shop.
look out fc website- you could lose all your customers to your shops
ha1 ha!
its quiet, is every one in a state of shock?
mcfester
are you changing your hols? were due to go the same day but after watching prog i have decided that it more than likely not open this year i dont want risk it
more tan shock i dont know weather i am coming or going what should i do!!!! :shock:
Foxy, my wife is demanding we change! Looks like the PP for us, it does look nice!
I'm sorry to hear that a lot of you guys are losing their selected holiday this year :(

But that programme on the BBC. That family pleading with FC that they wanted their holiday to be ready.

Well to be honest if it was me I would rather have the alternative holiday. Who would want to stop somewhere that has been rushed to finish building to meet a deadline? Better safe than sorry I'd say.

As disappointed as you all are try to enjoy another destination and think of booking this one for next year. At least there will be some feedback on the place.
  • Edited by beth72 2006-05-11 19:14:50
Kos
I am due to go in September and I don't know what to do????
On the programme (Hit Squad) they said everyone traveling this summer can be changed free of charge!!!!
mcfester
i am demanding that we change our hols and POSSIBLY book for the KABC next year as looking forward to it soooooooooooooo much, we are looking at the pp turkey or somewhere else with different tour op in greece want something good for my daughter though who is so excited about this holiday.
Was due to go 14 June with my family but found out through this forum that the opening has been delayed. Contacted customer services today and was advised to ring 01617452113 (as posted earlier). This is the helpline set up if you wish to cancel/change your holiday. We have changed to the Pegasus. We will get £20 each compensation and the holiday has worked out over £300 cheaper as they have given us numerous discounts. If the holiday you choose to change to is more than what you paid for Kos they will cover an extra £150 per person. Get a couple of quotes from different operators through this number as this morning I was told the Pegasus holiday would cost us £1498 but when I rang someone else to book this afternoon the quote had gone down to £1364. Not sure why but very happy with this. Good luck.
after much consideration today and not getting too much enthusiasm for turkey PP, we are going to try to change again, we felt we were pressured into accepting this as every holiday we suggeted we were told there were no flights, which i dont think is the case, what concerns us about turkey is the temp end of june will be well over 40 degrees, our babies cannot be vaccinated as they are too young, the mosquito problem and the fact the babies are not protected, are we right to be concerned do you think? another headache on the way again.
i wonder wat fc staff think now after watching that still today they were saying only cosmectic work to be done :rofl thank goodness for this forum and a big big thankyou to all of you who were here from the start im so glad i found you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
I am due to go in September and I don't know what to do????

Well according to Holiday Hit Squad it'll be open by then Kelly.
To be honest I don't think FC would offer to swap your holiday yet as it's months away (it's only if you are going in the next 6 weeks according to who Ros says) but you could always ring them if you are concerned.
as far as the programme was concerned ANYONE due to go this summer will be changed free of charge if they wish to do so
Michelle. Where are you thinking of going now??
Oh dear Michelle. What a nightmare to have to change again! From my point of view I am glad to hear that Turkey will be hot but it's not much fun for little ones I know. I didn't realise you had to have jabs for Turkey until you said the other day. Are they compulsory or just advisable? Where are you thinking of looking now?
For those not aware of the less recent postings this is what Matt C posted on 24th April (see part 1):

Hi all,

For those of you that have booked up to go to this resort, I have been told it is going to be absoloutely fantastic.
I am an Entertainer for First Choice and I will be working at the property for Summer 2006.
I fly out on 10th May, as we need time to set up the entertainment ready for our guests

I have never worked in Kos before, I have been in Ibiza for 2 years, and I am told that the weather in Kos is beautiful.

Well folks, you won't be bored of the entertainment we have got lined up for you, and this year in conjunction with a London based production company, we have 2 brand new shows we are performing

Dr Funkenstines Rock 'n' Roll Cafe

and

Skool of Rock

amongst others.

Rehersals have been tough, but the end product is spectacular.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Matt, Entertainer, First Choice

It appears that it's not only customers FC tell fibs to, it's there own staff as well. This was the one and only post from Matt - perhaps he was stopped from posting anything else.

I hope for his sake that he's kept himself busy - With all the rehersals for "Rock 'n' Roll" and "Skool of Rock" perhaps they've got him working on rolling the rocks from the beach in time for the 1st July.

beth72:
The plee to first choice was at the end of a 30 minute interview we did last Friday and at the time we were still believeing FC that it would be ready. We booked the holiday over 12 months ago and despite all the changes since we booked we were all still looking forward to it. Until tonights programme we had no idea what state the hotel was in or the extent that which FC were not telling the truth. If you think that we'ld still like to go then you are very much mistaken. The holiday we've accepted we have had to contribute towards and however much we enjoy it (and we intend to) it does no way make up for all the shit we've had to take over the last few months. Thanks for the advice to try and enjoy ourselves, we will.
hi michelle+sam look at site http://www.travel-vax.net for info on jabs for turkey
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.