Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
sad
1908 Posts
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
IT JUST HAD TO BE DONE - HOPE I GOT IT RIGHT ITS TAKEN ME AND HOUR AND HALF AND ITS NOW 1.03AM

3rd May - Saunders0000 - CANCELLED
10th May - Debora - TURKEY PEGASUS PALACE
20th May - Mrs Gaz - TURKEY TITANIC BEACH
24th May - River Manchester 20.00pm CUBA
24th May - Emmjay
24th May - SamanthaJ Bristol 17.50pm TURKEY PEGASUS PALACE 27/5
24th May - TelnShell Manchester 7.15am
24th May - Mickd Gatwick 7.10am FUETERVENTURA 27/5
24th May - Lisa London Gatwick 7.10am CYPRUS ATLANTIC SUN 24/5
24th May - SKLR Gatwick 7.10am CYPRUS RUI CYPRIA BAY 24/5
24th May - Kandice Birmingham 23.50pm
24th May - Jo123 Manchester 20.00pm DOM REP RIU BAMBOO 29/5
24th May - Gezhead Gatwick 7.10am
24th May - Liz Fraser - CANCELLED
24th May - Natalie Thomas - Bristol
27th May - Woody7 FLORIDA 28/5
27th May - Ledge
31st May - Sass Bristol TURKEY
31st May - Sam L Bristol 17.45pm TURKEY CLUB MARAMIS PALACE
31st May - Mike827 Bristol
31st May - Katyb - Gatwick
31st May - DavidKing
31st May - JenmacG - Gatwick
31st May - Mike 827 - CHANGED TO ANOTHER KOS HOTEL
7th June - Careen Glasgow COSTA DEL SOL HOLIDAY VILLAGE 2/6
7th June - Piggypacker Manchester 20.00pm RHODES 7/6
7th June - Keithstephen1
7th June - Lockwood - CANCELLED
8th June - Bluespirit
11th June - Srmnd - CANCELLED
14th June - MichellefromEssex Gatwick 7.10am CDS HOL VILLAGE 9/6
14th June - Syfield Gatwick 7.10am RHODES KIOTORI BAY 14/6
14th June - harlequinn - CANCELLED
14th June - Genise Glasgow
14th June - Suewarrior Manchester 7.15am
14th June - Tildan Manchester 7.15am
14th June - jo 123 Manchester 20.00pm MEXICO
14th June - Firemansam Manchester 07.15am
14th June - Cleeder - PEGASUS PALACE TURKEY
15th June - Peet
17th June - Munskinn Gatwick 20.55pm TURKEY PEGASUS PALACE 12/6
17th June - Lbird
21st June - Sacko TURKEY PEGASUS PALACE 26/6
21st June - Robmelgeorgeben Birmingham
21st June - Jens Birmingham 23.00
21st June - booboo2 - Birmingham
28th June - GNigel gatwick 23.55pm RHODES KIOTARI BAY 28/6
28th June - Firebird Apache KABC 5/7
28th June - Sukaay Manchester 7.15am KABC 5/7
28th June - Chiara - CANCELLED
28th June - Natasha Smith
28th June - AJenkins Birmingham 22.50pm RHODES KIOTARI BAY 28/6
28th June - fdss Birmingham 22.50pm
28th June - Limit123 Manchester 7.15am RHODES KIOTARI BAY 28/6
28th June - Buzz Lightyear Manchester 7.15am KABC 5/7
28th June - Sam & Bob Birmingham 22.50pm
28th June - CK00 Birmingham RHODES KIOTARI BAY 28/6
28th June - dargas Bristol RHODES PRICESS ATLANTICA
28th June - gregor Glasgow 8.30am
? June - Short Short Man
1st July - JaneMick
5th July - Grahamedw Manchester 20.00pm EQYPT
5th July - cathy b RHODES 5/7
5th July - LynnK - CANCELLED
5th July - Johnnya - Manchester
12th July - anniewinnie Bristol 17.45pm
12th July - rab.w.w Glasgow 22.25pm TURKEY PEGASUS PALACE 13/7
15th July - Ponge
19th July - Greeneyedgal Glasgow
19th July - K&R Manchester 7.15am
19th July - Citizen98 Gatwick
19th July - Lexy
19th July - Banksroad - CANCELLED
19th July - Tadalaja
19th July - Scoobydoo
23rd July - Aceape Glagow
23rd July - Trudie
26th July - Jochick
2nd Aug - Lambrini Manchester 20.00pm
2nd Aug - Diddabel Manchester 20.00pm
2nd Aug - Slick Gatwick
2nd Aug - Volls Manchester 7.15am
2nd Aug - Mandelson Manchester 20.00pm
2nd Aug - Alison33
9th Aug - Leannec Gatwick
9th Aug - AlisonKent
9th Aug - Grimbob - CANCELLED
16th Aug - JeffCook
Mid Aug - Grimbob
Mid Aug - Carolyn1st
30th Aug - Foxy0810
30th Aug - Mcfester Bristol
? Aug - Karen Harris
? Aug - Robin01
9th Sept - dharty Gatwick
13th sept - AlexUK
13th Sept - Ginam Glasgow 22.30pm
23rd sept - Kelly Marie
27th Sept - Naparky1970
? sept - Andybec
? Oct - Tasha

AND NOT FORGETTING MATTCORBY - OUR REP 10TH MAY - :shrug
Mcfester made a comment yesterday, that these cancellations will hurt the local economy. The truth is the each year more and more hotels are converted to AI, and each year small businesses report drop in revenues. That is not a coincidence.

The first hotels to go AI were out of place hotels, because there was not much demand for them. So the tour operatators gave them the same amount of money, or less than what the other hotel received. But they charge extra to you for the AI, so the profit margins are greater, so the tour operators make more money.

I have heard from the owner himself of a three star hotel that is AI receives 17 Euros per person per day. With that 17 he has to pay for three meals, drinks, desserts, utilities, staff, taxes etc. So his profit margins are very low. There the only way for him to make any profits at all is to cut costs any which way he can and to have to have a good occupancy rate. (Hense the 1200 people ABC hotels) This is where the tour operators play their dirty games. They start to promote the AI hotels who contribute little to the economy at the expense of other hotels. When someone wants to come to Kos and is told the only hotels available are AI, when in reality there are rooms available for other hotels, and you do not hear that once but many times, what other conclusion can one draw.

Personaly I would be afraid to to take my kids to an Ai resort, for fear of the crap that they feed people there. I would not feed my kids crap at home, why would I feed them while on vacation. So if you like AI do not go to countries like Greece and Spain, where operating costs for hotels are high, but go to some third world country were they can afford to provide better service.

I am venting my frustration over that fact that I am not working as much this time of the year as I should. You are venting your frustration about how to spend you hard earn money, whereas we here are hoping that we earn enough money so we can be in your delema. This frustration is not directed towards you. I can see that you want AI, and do not care were it is, but it is directed towards at the dirty games of the tour operators, who do not allow market forces to dictate where a person chooses his/her holiday.
sp, i personally dont like AI but when the price of things has gone up so much with the euro it seems to be our only option with 2 growing children.

i much prefer bed &breakfast.................

off to look for another holiday now..................
SP55, thanks for your reply, I was not aware how much you get ripped off over there! I, although going AI, have every intention of spending money away from the hotel but I can see how financially the mass of tourists who don't would affect business. I do hope it picks up for you this year.

Just to let others know, we have been on the phone to FC thi smorning and they won't change us because we booked at an FC shop! We hjave to go to the shop! So if you happen to have booked elsewhere but the web, don't bother ringing them! The lady was very helpful and did say admin fees would be paid but if the cost of the holiday is more, you have to pay the difference, they are not compensating holidays after 1st July as they are adament the resort will be ready.

I managed to find a holiday that was slightly less in cost over the web and informed the lady of this, she did say that this is web costs and won't be the cost the shop will be able to match (Our shop did match the web cost on our original booking, so hopefully they can do the same again!)

Good luck all
i have just got through to the helpline now...................am on hold waiting to see if they can help us.....................and yes, i booked through a travel agent....................

fingers crossed
sp55, I am sorry to hear about the all inclusive situation and how it affects your community, I too didnt realise how little the hotelier receives from the tour operator, we have only chosen all inslusive for the reason like K&R said, with children who are constantly asking for drinks and ice creams only then to drop them or knock them over is very frustrating and expensive, this is my 3rd all inclusive holiday and after a very dissapointing one last year in Lanzarote Holiday Village I was adamant that I wouldnt go AI again, the trouble was we had already booked Kos (april) we infact went to Corfu on a late deal last august and had a fab time, I much prefer wandering around finding great greek restaurants and getting to know the restaurantiers and waiters and waitresses, in fact id really recommend Sidari in Corfu as a fantastic holiday base for everyone of all ages, im sure there are many more resorts all over greece like sidari and I intended to spend my hard earn money visiting these places in the forthcoming years.
Dont bother ringing FC customer services number. I queued for 25 mins to get through to be told they cant help and you need to ring 0161 7452113.

It just rings then cuts you off.

Has anyone got another number where they will help you and been able to get through this morning. We were going on 24th may...
Natalie, 0161 745 2113 is the only number you will get any joy on. You just have to persevere.
Thanks Firebird..... oh well....Ive got all day. Im not doing any work today until this gets sorted!
Kos
Firebird looks like you will be one of the first to go unless FC cancel again, we are going to hang on till you first lot go and see what the reviews are like as we all really want to go. :?
The facillities are what we all want if they are built??? :?
The only thing is the lack of beach!!!
Good luck everyone changing your holidays I hope you get what you want!! :wink:
Is their anyone still going to the KABC? :roll: Looks like there is just Firebird, Buzz and myself... We will have the place to ourselves, pool each. :)
We were booked to go to KABC 19th July but after seeing Hit Squad decided that even if the hotel did actually open 1st July (not much chance i dont think) then we didnt want to be the guinea pigs going only two weeks later. Found another hotel on web during the night worked out cheaper than KABC even got free child place. Rang FC this morning told them i'd gone ahead booked something else and asked for my deposit back. They did not argue and agreed to refund the deposit. Feel much better now!
HI Kelly, when do you go. :) Scooby are you still going to Kos in another hotel.
We don't go till September, ages yet so should be ready by then I hope!!
I go 9 Aug. My only worry is, will they just open for the last couple of months of the season. All Greece Hotels close down for winter!!
Good chance it will be ready for then, we rebooked for the 5th but still not very confident that it will be ready. Will look at alternatives on Kos. :)
I am now off to Cyprus at the IBEROSTAR LEDRA BEACH HOTEL in Paphos on the 24th May. Just glad we were able to get somewhere else. :D Bring on the sunshine
Did FC sort your holiday out over the phone K&R?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.