Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
:lol: Just been reading a couple of the posts from earlier the Tropical in Turkey is getting ready to open as we speak me and hubby had a walk around it the day before we came home so that was Thursday, there is already afew people over there and there have been two weddings while we were there, the Pegasos was beginning to get really full so im presuming they are opening the Tropical earlier than they thought. Probably due to all us KABC people swapping over to there.

Debbie x
For the longest of times First Choice was reluctant to announce a new opening date for fear of people panicking, and affecting future bookings. With the BBC report, they went into damage control, and announced a new opening date. In effect they are trying to put out the fire. With that date they had to be certain it would be ready on time, for they know if it is not that would provoke more anxiety, and they would be adding gas to the fire. For that reason alone, I would not worry too much about the opening date. You cannot lie any more when you are in damage control.
Well said sp55 we will hopefully be there 1st July so will pm you before we leave as would like to buy you a drink if that's ok.
Its raining here :cry: But in forty four days, 13 hours and twenty eight minutes we will be leaving for Kos. WhooHoo :D
Less than 6 weeks for us now. FC are now in penalty shoot out territory! Feeling a bit delicate today as had daughters hen night last night. Just getting into practice of drinking the bar dry before all the 5th's arrive!
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this site with growing horror and panic! This holiday is so important to me and my family! I'm not due to go until 12th August and I am worried about a couple of comments concerning the beach??? There is so much on this site and I didn't see the programme - is the beach really bad???

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me an update without reading the squillions of pages?? Am I better off trying to change?

Thanks!!!!!
Vicky :cry: :cry: :cry:
if you go to top of page and click on photo galleries and then click on page 5 stroll down to greece and then click onto the picture of 2 people under a sign, you will then see some photos of the beech as it was a month ago, and it had not changed on the bbc program , jump ship now and you dont have to pay a admin charge, but they will charge you more if your new holiday is more, we had to pay an extra £700, for our new holiday
HI EVERONE new to this site as a member,8) but was addicted to it last year gave me many sleepless nights over the pegasos :( i know im a fool but thought id take a chance this year with a new hotel lol :lol: was going to jump ship and go back to the pegasos but my 16 year old and 13 year old sons need more water slides to try out and differant pizzas and chips lol is anyone flying out around the 13th of september with 3 tired children and (by the way our worst one is our 5 year old daughter), would like to know your views are you holding out like us and hoping for the best, and whats the worst is when we arrive the bars are shut so who can get me a pint in at about 12:30 at night :wink: :wink: :wink: :D
Vickyo and JP the Red. i reckon you are better off waiting to see if the hotel does open as indicated on the first of july. Then we can report back the true state of it. I dont think you will have much trouble, JP, getting something else for the thirteenth september as most schools will be open by then. I STILL think the hotel will be open on time. My holiday was originally for the 28th June but was cancelled due to theopening date change. So we re-booked for the same hotel but for the fifth July. The last we heard, which was this week, is that some wotk had been done on the beach, although not loads as of yet.
Hi all, Janenmick please don't drink the bar dry, save some for us or at least the vodka and coke :) I will need a couple to give me the confidence to shout here..... :oops: when I win at BINGO
  • Edited by Sukaay 2006-05-21 17:47:42
I don't think people going to the kabc in august and september should have anything to worry about yet, like firebird said wait until at least July to see if it does open (yes it will) then if FC have got it wrong again look at alternatives. :?
hi jp the red me and my family fly out on the 13th sept :fly i too have 3 kids 15,she turns 16 on the 14th(day after flight) a 10y and 7 where are you flying from?we are staying put for now but have got another hotel on standby
Hi All

Well I was due to go to Kos Aqua Beach on Wednesday...but obviously not!!! Although I have so far received two sets of tickets for the Kos holiday...but none for my Cyprus holiday!!!
lisa what did fc say when you told them that you havnt got your tickets yet? that must be worrying for you?
someone else posted and said that they got tickets for the kabc even though they have changed holiday, they will have your tickets ready for you at the airport check in when you get there, they might upgrade you to firstclass for all the truble they have caused....
we are still going to kos on wednesday. same tickets and flight but different hotel
we still have tickets for the kabc to book in on the 24th maybe we should go for a laugh and try and check in, what do you think??? that would be fun, p.s. do you look like the girl out of charlie brown?
gezhead
are you going to hire a car in kos and go and spy on kabc ,
i know i would be doing that if i was going
yes we have a hire car and yes we will go and have a look, i am taking binoculars with me, we might go for a walk along the beach outside. i am meeting another secret agent out there but cant tell you to much other wise i might have to kill you.. ha ha :rofl
Hi gezhead i would love to see their faces if you tryed to check in :roll: can you take a spade,paint brush and a trowel just in case its not ready give them a hand and show them how its done :hmmm
i will take a spade, trowel and paint brush to try and draw a true artist impression of the place, i might make a model of it out of sand, take a photo of it and post the pictures on this site if i cant get close enough to take photos of the real thing,,, no seriously i will try and have a look for you guys and report back to you anything that you dont already know,
:) Hi all. just been reading all your positive comments. you have certainly lifted my spirits. i have a lovely wedding to look forward to in 8weeks time and it would be perfect to finish it off with a brill hol at the KABC. i cant wait to read all your reviews for those that are going in july. i fly out on 30th aug. make sure you save some sunbeds for us. 8)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.