Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Karen, it does get very hot on Kos but you do have the cooling breeze usually in the afternoon. As for bike riding we enjoyed it last time visiting Kos, the area around tigaki is good for cycling. It is very quiet especially during the afternoon when the locals get out of the heat not like us :x brits. You can cycle up to the salt lakes,down the country roads without any problems, people give a wide birth to cyclists I think they must be locals. We found some lovely beaches as well and go-carting. Tigaki is a lovely little town just one main road the people are very friendly. If you go to tigaki as you turn onto the main road off the roundabout the first bar is worth a visit, there you will find Andy he is british but moved out to kos over 20years ago if you want to know anything about the island he will tell you. Also worth a visit is Zia mountain village the views are great from up there. I best stop now i'll drive you all mad can't you tell i am a big fan of Kos. :) WISHING YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS. :D
no sukaay ,dont stop ther i would love you to recommend more places to go :D , i always seem to find the good places half through the last week! nice to know its a good place for cycling, we love water slides and cycling, so we are : looking forward to it
we go in july , i hope its all finished 8)
sukaay, this sounds fab, thanks for your input.

Its lovely to hear what we can find and expect, keep it coming :lol:

we go to kos in july, 7 months to go and counting...................
Many thanks for all this info as the other two have said... brilliant info..keep it flowing!
Ps wot about the mozzies???? please...... :yuck
you think the locals are bad on a bike you have yet to see me?
Can't wait..... :lol:
Hi everyone glad to hear i am not boring you by going on about Kos, thank you. As for cycling, about two miles from Tigaki is the town of Marmari it is a small coastal town nice to stop for a cooling drink after all the cycling. Head up the main road in Tigaki away from the beach for about half a mile and turn right by the internet cafe/apartments. If you reach constantinoes supermarket you have gone to far. Follow the road into Marmari, turn right at the end for the sea front. Also along this road you will find the go-carts. :) More in next post
Zia has a few restaurants and art and craft stalls which lead up the mountain it is a bit of a hike up the mountain but well worth it for the views.The Greek night is up in Zia, but it is cheaper to book your own than through the rep. You will need a car. We have not had a lot of problems with mosquitoes but we have seen that some people are bitten badly. Use a strong repellent, and don't wear any perfumes or aftershaves you should be okay. Kos town itself is worth a visit but it is very busy, the harbour area is nice but the restaurant waiters do pester you to come in but if you want to shop it is the place. If you head out past Kos through Psalidi, and carry on until the road ends you will find the thermal springs which are supposed to cure a lot of ailments. Locals and tourists use these, be warned dont go in with sunburnt legs, it stings, I did that the first time not realizing how hot the springs where. if you dont like the smell of eggs, it can be very strong because of all the sulphur in the springs. I will get my map out and find some places we went off the beaten track.The island is not very big so it dosn't take long to get around. Bye for now and MERRY CHRISTMAS. :D
5 months to go yippee :D
sukkay :D
this all sounds good information, we go on july 12 th cant wait i will be printing off your info and taking it with us so we dont miss out on these hidden places, is it worth us hire ing a car?
:?: :?: :?:
Hi all,

I'm new to here (from holland) and followed the discussion about Aqua beach club in Kos. We are planning to go here in june of this year. Is there any actual information about the situation of the resort now?
Sukaay

Many thanks for all the wonderful info... another question for you, please..

We are 2 families travelling (7of us) in the height of the season
( August. ) We would now like to tour around to explore places such as you have kindly suggested.. do you know how best to go about car hire?

Do you we arrange it in this country before we go?
Do you need any extra Insurance other than the standard they offer?
Are there better deals on the Island, bearing in mind we are looking for a 7 seater in the height of the season?

I really hope you do not mind me asking... or anyone else reading this can I help I would be very greatful :)

I have got First Choice 2006 brochure and there is a different atrists impression on it now..so this may help you a bit, Bluespirit.

8 months to go and counting........
Latest update:

We called our tour operator Sunrise in Holland, they said the works are two weeks ahead of schedule. We did not have to be concernd about it.

Everything looks fine though.

Just wanted you all to know.

Greets from Holland
thank for that bluespirit this is good to know as we go on the 3rd may and were worried things might fall behind cant wait to go not long now

:) :o :D

linda
Hiya All,

I contacted First Choice today because i wanted to make a payment towards my holiday and spoke with customer services at the same time to get an update on the situation of this complex.

They advised me that everything was to schedule and that it was actually being built elsewhere and would be shipped over so basically once it arrives it will be put together very quickly.....now call me a bimbo but how on earth can a hotel be built elsewhere then shipped hehehe but! benefit of the doubt i am no builder or architect so i am trusting their word.

They advised me to also ring them back the middle of April and they would then know the exact date it would be taking the very first guests and they said that because i am travelling from Glasgow on the 14th June that all should be well and truly finished....i do feel a bit sorry for those of you booked in May.

I was also advised that if this hotel is not ready and to the standards set out in the brochures and online that we would be offered an alternative holiday a few weeks before departure or our money back in full.

So basically they have told me no more than what they originally advised when i booked this holiday a few months ago.
first choice, i doubt will be able to offer much in the way of alternative holidays,
we were let down by them when we should have been at the holiday village, in costa del sol, we had to find another holiday ourselves, and it took our friends about 8 weeks to get there money refunded.

And they only told us building was not complete, 10 days before we should have been there.

but, we never learn and we have just over 6 months till we fly to kos.....

sukkay, thanks again for you info,
bluespirit, hello and welcome..............thanks for keeping us informed
Hi all,

We went to the travel agency today, and booked for 8 till 15 june, flight from Schiphol. Less than six months to wait! Anyone going the same date as we?
Hello All

Newbie to this forum, quick Hi.

We are considering booking the aqua beach club Kos, to leave Bristol on the 30th August, a little concerned now that we may not have enough time to lay out a deposit!

I read in this post that if we rang First Choice we might be able to get a £99 deposit? could anyone confirm this?

We also have never been abroad as a full family as my wife always seems to be pregnant! What I don't understand is that we need a room for 5 (Youngest will be 1 1/2 by the time we go on holiday), I see no easy way of booking on line for 5 of us :( . We are looking to book a room with the kids den as it seems to read that it will house 5 of us. Does anybody know enough to clarify?

I also read that Eclipse may be a little cheaper? The holiday price we are getting online is for the kids den room for 2 weeks, AI and sitting together on the plane for £2504, does this sound resonable? I only ask as this is the most we have ever spent on a holiday and don't want to make the wrong choices!

We have also never been AI, it sounds too good to be true (Thats me being drunk all two weeks! :P

Sorry for all the questions, we are really exited

Take care
Hi,
Also new to this forum so hi to everyone.

I'm not sure about the £99 deposit but wouldn't harm to ask First Choice. Good luck :wink:

Re: the kids den-this will sleep 5 and I had no problems booking this on-line. Like you, our youngest will be 16 months when we travel but despite the fact that they are still a baby and sleep in a cot, they seem to count towards the total room occupancy.
The price you have been quoted sounds good, I paid around this for the same extra's i.e kids den, seats together on the plane etc and booked last May and the prices have gone up quite dramatically since then.
I've been all inclusive before and also worried about it being too good to be true but it worked out great- especially good for those travelling with kids as all those soft drinks/snacks etc soon build up when you need to buy them all the time!
Hope you manage to get something booked up.

I'm travelling 28/6 from Glasgow-myself, hubby, daughter 12, son 7 & baby. Anyone else travelling the same time?

8)
Thanks for the information, looking more forward to it now you have put my mind to rest about AI
Hi mcfester,
This sounds a really good deal for the 5 of you. Until this year there has always been 5 of us travelling and we have never had an all inclusive deal at that price. You will save a fortune on kids drinks alone!!

This place sounds like it's going to have a good variety of food as well, I can't wait!

I've no idea about the £99 deposit though, sorry.

Good luck booking your hols!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.