Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
cost
1856 Posts
hi all. 8) myself wife and 3 year old a part of a party of 9 going out on june 7th for 2 weeks to the kos aqua beach club. weve been assured it will be open in time but have not been given any sort of refund/discount as it has dropped to 3*plus from 4*plus :?: . we still got a good deal with free child places and the price now is dearer than we paid anyway. hope to hear from anyone going earlier than us.and maybe see some of you there in june. its the first time all inclusive for us so were not sure whether it will suit but im sure well have a great holiday even if there are teething problems. you often get these with longer established hotels anyway if past experience is to go by. see you all later. :lol:

Nigel Lockwood and family
Hi Lisa

I have treid on both Eclipse and FC for a price to your holiday and they don't seem to be any holidays left for this date (27th May).
hi our holiday cost @1800 in total including free child place sea view and balcony/terrace on a daytime flight 07.15 from manchester for 2 weeks 7th june. this includes their platinum insurance. the only thing were doing without is flight meals,their poor anyway. hope to see you all there
I'm flying out 22 may family of 6 to the Kos Aqua Beach Club for 2 weeks. I've been to Kos before and had no problems with Mossies at all.
Unlike Corfu which was the worst place I've been too for mossies, never going back. Kos was extremely warm but bearable. Typical Greek Island, I just hope the hotels complete, My wife booked this not me although it does look pretty good for the kids.
hi all well we could be the first to test this one as we fly on 3rd may in the morning there are 4 of us me hubby and 2 girls aged 4 /6 we got a bargain price of 1400 for 2 weeks never been all inclusive so looking forward to a nice cook free holiday still dieting lost 3 stone to date would like bit more before i go

any updates on buildig work from what iv heared seems to be going well :?: :?

bye for now

linda
ok..especially to River, EmmaJay, SamanthaJ and Mikd.....sorry if i've missed anyone!!!

I have booked for the 24th May for a Week!!!! 21:40 Flight from Gatwick....There will be my Partner, Daughter, Son and Myself......

Look forward to seeing you all...maybe we can catchup on Messenger or something :?:

I'll be the one with the bright :oops: face on the first day!!!!

I'm planning to lose a stone before we go as i put on sooo much weight on all inclusive holidays!!!!
hi to you you lucky ones going in may
we can all hope that its all finished on time and that you can come back and post to us lot still waiting to go that you have had a lovely time and the all the work is finished and the slides were great.
and there were no mozzies :roll: :roll:
we are thinking of booking a holiday to Aqua beach club but, does anyone know why it has been downgraded from 4* to 3*?

Thanks
Hi Natasha,
Hope you are well? I was busy looking on this site for any info on this hotel
and was glad when i read your statement. Me too am going on 28th June this year,i have just booked this weekend to go with my husband and 2 kids!! It looks like we may be neighbours!! I am really looking forward to going,im not put off at all!! Hope you reply! Love Launa,xx
Hi All

Well I telephoned first choice today and asked if the building work was on schedule, the nice lady said that according to their records they are 3 weeks ahead...so thats good news???

Also i asked what would happen if the slides etc weren't going to be ready in time, and she said that if anything wasn't ready they would contact us....

Sooo i'm all excited now, trying to go to the gym on a regular basis....and looking forward to a relaxing break..

Lisa
kos
Thats fab Lisa, saves me a call as I was going to make a similar call this week at some time.
fingers crossed that it really is all up and running.
Sam xx
I've been reading the disapointing news about the Aqua Beach Club in Corfu, looks like anyone booked there are being wrote to with bad news. I did find on that topic in this forum a link to the Dutch "First Choice" and found more "Artistic Impressions" of the Kos ABC:

http://www.gobest.nl/diep.asp?Shortcut=Land=Griekenland&Type=All-Inclusive

Does anyone else know of any other website where we can see photos or impressions?

Many Thanks
Hi

These are artists impressions of Aqua Park hotel in Kos.

Rooms look nice!

http://www.gobest.nl/diep.asp?Shortcut=Land=Griekenland&Type=All-Inclusive

(go to the second page!)

I'm getting a bit apprehensive about the waterpark....i wonder if its supervised? We could end up with kids with broken arms, legs, and noses.....always the optimist eh!!

Lisa
Those pictures look lovely,especially the bedrooms!!!

I feel a bit better about going now,although im still a bit apprehensive after reading the gruesome stories about corfu beach club..

Oh well,we'll just have to wait and see:-)
yes those images are great, really reassuring. Why can't our travel companies show so many images even if theyre artists impressions they still reassure all us brits that dont even know if the place will be finished on time. and will first choice really let us know of any problems as they may be at risk of us changing our bookings and may like all the other companies wait until we are there before informing us of problems.

hope im wrong about this and hope we all have a great time
Hi All,

In the Dutch website, a minibar is mentioned for the rooms but they are not part of the AI deal. Does anyone know what sort of prices the drinks will be from the minibar? Is it anything like the london costs for a drink i.e. 7.50 for tiny bottle of whiskey?

Thanks in advance
Does anyone know if the Kos Aqua beach hotel is out on a limb or in a resort at all. I know as it is A/I you will spend most of your time at the hotel, but we do like to go out in the evening occasionally just for a change of scene. I know Tingaki is about 3-4 kms away but just wondered if anyone had any more info on this hotel's location.
many thanks
@ mcfester

"Minibar (op aanvraag, niet All-Inclusive)" means that you have to ask for it to get a room which includes a mini bar, apparently not all rooms have one. The same for the family rooms.

Just read that the swimming pool even has a pirate ship. Cool.
Hi Bluespirit!

Not very good at my translating skills! Thanks very much for letting me know what the correct meaning was.

Pirateship sounds great, don't know about the kids but I am going to have a good time!

Was that information on the Dutch website? Weird how the Dutch give more information than the english!

Take Care
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.