Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
??
1856 Posts
Hi All
Someone was asking about having a sea view if you have already booked one. I rang First Choice yesterday and they confirmed that I would still be getting the sea view that I paid for. It's not an cheap extra though is it? It's worth it though, a sea view makes the holiday really special.
hi
i spoke with fc head office today and asked why no sea view she told me that there are no rooms with a sea view, have they moved the sea?
i then asked what the extra £168.00 supplement was for she came back and said it was for a king size bed , only its would apear that we have 2 king size beds in our room, no good if you have 2 teanagers, of each one of sex with you, so she agred there was a mistake made when i booked in july 2005 and has moved us into 2 suites, which would have cost over £900 more but i wont have to pay extra as its thier mistake, result!!!!!! :roll:
and she knocked off the £56 we had paid for the sea view. so if you too have booked a king size bed in a double4 room then check it out quick
YES short shorts man we are with fc and have a sea view, that is unless we get a letter from fc as many are doing . we booked in june 2005 for june2006 so we should see you there. i wonder if the dutch are loosing their sea views (i think not), just us brits! :roll:
i hope there ain't gonna be a "we brits/english(!)" against others coz thats how some are coming across. my family and i are also going here. havent recieved any letters from fc yet though. bit concerned about all the changes of late. they may be small but the are mounting up. artist impressions are stunning though. cant wait.
Thanks mcfester for that - I get concerned when saw that about Bird Flu! However when I checked with our travel dept at work, they checked and also said that they had nothing yet (emphasis on the yet!).
However that and the 'unfinished' hotel I'm convinced are wind ups.

We've booked 2 inter-connecting rooms and have not had anything to say that part not available so I'm feeling confident on that. Did not book a sea view though so at least not disappointed on that one. I am looking forwrad to getting out there, and all those activities. The kids don't care what branding the clubs are - as long as there is somewhere for them to make new friends, that is good enough!

Main reason we booked this one was the All-inclusive and the activities for kids, and the aqua park, and the choice of restuarants, and the availability of inter-connecting rooms. We have real problems with there being 5 of us as cannot book a year in advance like others (due to way my work is) :( . The travel agent suggested a nice hotel but no interconnecting rooms and maybe even in separate blocks! My kids are 9, 6 and 5 so can hardly put them on their own, and no fun if have to sleep separate from husband.

Started buying the clothes already! It is going to be fun...
Despite what people are writing, I haven't written anything else on this website as I had nothing to update anyone on the actual holiday, unlike others. I can now confirm that I had a sea view booked but have been told by First Choice that I do not now have one. Never mind, I see Urralh still has, so good luck to him. FC also told me that building works were going to plan.

I think it is a wonderful idea to wear t-shirts to identify ourselves so that I will be able to meet in person the people who made personal comments about myself, when just stating an opinion. I do not think it is necessary to resort to abusive comments when someone doesn't agree with you. See you there.
Anyone wishing to order a Holiday Truths T-shirt can do so HERE

luci :wave
I agree with Fred Flintstones Son. The personal comments were not necessary. Me and my mates are looking forward to lots of all inclusive drinking and partying and do not like it suggested that we should not be at a 'family hotel'. Who do you think you are Samantha J? Do you own the place??

More updates - First Choice have changed our rooms, from sea views but now have interconnecting doors, but thats ok, hopefully we are nearer the bar. Also First Choice have told me building work 4 weeks ahead of schedule so great news.

Can't wait now for the three weeks of partying.
I think you took my comments totally wrong there short shorts man, I didnt mean anything by them at all maybe you should re-read my post!
Each to there own, I will be drinking along with the rest of you, but as I dislike the footie i will be avoiding that.
Just remember that sometimes things are written not they way they read if that makes sense.
And no don't think I own the place just want to enjoy my holiday.
Sam
I booked a Suite as there weren't any interconnecting rooms available. I thought the Suites had a bedroom with a kingsize bed and a lounge with three fold out beds. Am I wrong in thinking this? Should I phone First Choice? I really don't want to be sharing my room with my 13 and 9 year old children.
8) yeah think ill get one of those t-shirts :wink:
Please can members read the T&Cs of this forum, paying particular attention to number three...

3. Show respect and courtesy to all other users
Do not allow yourself to be drawn into conflict with another user. We will not accept personal attacks from one user toward another and this will be dealt with very severely. If a situation arises that you feel may be getting out of hand inform a moderator or Admin via Personal Messaging . We will then attempt to deal with the situation.

Many Thanks.

Pippy :D
Sorry pippy won't happen again just got carried away.
Sorry to anyone I annoyed, get a bit strong willed at times.
Sam xx
We do appreciate how easy it is to get carried away :wink:
Lisa - Have looked at the FC internet site and you are right about the suites - king size bed and 3 fold out beds in the lounge area. We booked inter-connecting rather than suite so we could have one room and the kids the other - otherwise at night we'd be locked in our bedroom with the kids in the lounge!

Have looked on the internet about weather in Kos but has anyone been there end May/start June?

Looking forward to it and the all-inclusive. Went AI with the kids 2 years ago (no overseas lst year) and it was great not having to worry about 'wasting' drinksor paying for another if you spilled one. And ice-creams for the kids. Has anyone done AI with First Choice before? Are they small plastic cups and if so can you take your own?
An apollogy to F-F-S

Sorry!

I thought originally your comments attacked us sharing our views, whether it be to the point of the hotle or us enjoying our holiday!

It is clear you just want to know the facts, as do we all, and appriecitate your views.

I think a new topic should be intoduced for this forum? Thsi one to deal with general chit chat abnopuit the hotel we are so lookign forward to abusing and another to share facts about the progression of the hotel?

F-F-S, if you were visiting the hotel when we were, I would buy you a drink to apologise! It will have to be local beer though!
Hi Mrs Gaz I went all inclusive with First ?Choice last year to Majorca and I have to say I couldnt fault it at all lovely fresh food and plenty of drinks :shock: .
Last time we went to Kos it was 31st May for 2 weeks about 4 years ago and the weather was great very hot in the day and still warm at night the only problem was the high winds but that was in Kardamena so not sure if the wind is on the coast of Tingaki or not.
Sam x
My spelling very bad tonight sorry!

Off topic, is there any other topic in this forum with so many pages of information? Could this be a record breaker for Holiday Truths?

Also, I would love to buy a T-Shirt, only you dson't have my size! Typical, have sizes for any sized lady but if you are a bloke, you have to be in normal sized range!

(I do know these T's are unisex, just thought I would moan!)
8) hello mrsqaz we went AI with fc to corfu last year drinks glasses were only plastic around the pool area which we could understand hope that helps not long now to go :D
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.