Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
mrs gaz
1856 Posts
mcfester... This topic has a long way to go before it is anything like a record for HT. :lol: We currently have a topic in Cruises which is 223 pages long and that is the second topic on the same subject. The first one was just as long.

We have also had two topics about new-build hotels in Turkey and the Costa del Sol which went to 200+ pages.

luci :wave
i think there are 2 different size suites, one for 2-3 people and one for 4-5 people we have booked 2 suies for 2-3 so that the teanagers are in onother room, there are 4 of us going on 12th july from bristol and we have paid £3011 , originally for a double 4 room ,but it appers there are 2 king size beds in these no good for one of each sex teanager, so first choice moved us with no extra charge and refunded ud £56 for the fact we no longer have a sea view, result! :D :D :D
we travel on the 19 july.
i received my letter on saturday about the horse riding and the kids clubs, but NO mention of the sea view ( which we have booked)

my travel agent rang FC, who said that no sea views had been cancelled and everyone who booked one, will get one???????????

so i suppose we will just have to wait and see, it looks like FC are telling people different things.
my sea view room has defineitely been cancelled as first choice have reimbursed me on my updated invoice.we go in august which is rather a busy time.
K&R if you booked a sea view room and it isn't showing on your invoice and FC say if you booked one you'll get one - then ask them to amend your invoice to show sv. This invoice will be part of your proof that you have indeed booked a sea view room.

Don't be fobbed off - you're entitled to have proof of what you booked. Either amended invoice or your sea view supplement back. :wink:
Hi, I used to be Jellybabie, but after changing ISP I could no longer sign in with this name. Just read the last 3 pages of new posts since I last looked and boy there are lots of us going this year. We too had a letter about the kids club and horse riding etc. Spoke to a family member who has been going to Kos twice a year for the last 10 years, they said that there is a bit of a mozzie problem in Tingaki but nothing that a plug in and spray cant sort out. Also they seem to think the hotel is being built quite a bit out of Tingaki in a very quiet area, so dont think there will be much to walk out of hotel to visit unless hiring a car. They are out again on 3rd June and will have a look at the hotel for me and take some pics of it too, although by then a lot of you would have been and gone.
We have got our letter this morning about the Horse riding, but no mention of the kids club :?: Is it a separate letter or or will the kids club be as it should be by August?

It is true about the hotel being far away from Tingaki, in fact, if you look at the brocure, it is closer to Lambi than Tingaki.
hi mcfester, it is just one letter, and i go in august and have received mine. you may get another letter telling you about the kids club.
Letter about horse riding and kids club was same letter for me. Will still be kids club, with same activities as before and staff are FC and qualified. Only difference is that not Warner branded, so instead of being Bugs Bunny and Tweety Pie will be something else. (Or at least that's what the lovely lady at FC told me!) I don't mind what the branding is, as long as the kids can have fun...
When i booked it came up on the screen that there wasn't any horseriding . I am going to look at my invoice re sea view etc...Hope all the restaurants are up and running in May too! I will post pics when I get back if you want?

Just checked my invoice and it says 1 suite5, balcony or terrace private bath shower wc all inclusive
hi lisa london, if your invoice doesnt state sv and you booked a room with a sea view you should give first choice a call, as it sounds like the room you will be staying in does not have sea view.

yes would be great if you could post some pics when you get back. 8)
hi all, our invoice states sv but like everyone else we are waiting and hoping that a letter doesn't arrive telling us otherwise. :cry:
as for the locality of the complex ,the brochure never said it was in tingaki, the latest brochure says it lies midway between tingaki and kos town and been that most all inclusive resorts are usually in quiet and often private bays or areas. saying that i hope it is not too far from either tingaki or kos town as it would be nice to take a trip into a resort now and again to change the monotony of ai. :shock:
as for the kids club i agree with the previous person, as long as it is properly run and my son has fun then it doesn't matter about brand names.
were going 7th june for 2 weeks ,hope to see most of you there. 8)
Kids club logo not showing on the FC website under the Kos Aqua beach hotel, but the 'blurb' about the facilities definately says 'Wavelength' and 'Kids Club'.

My letter only mentioned that not Warner branded. I'm sure that there will still be Clubs - after all when you read about the 'Familyplus' hotels and apartments on the FC website it says -
"Familyplus accommodation is located in, or near, family-friendly resorts. Facilities allow parents to relax and enjoy their holiday, whilst kids are well catered for in a safe, supervised environment.

giving adults space to breathe...
Familyplus offers supervised clubs run throughout the day, every day, for ages 12 months to 15 years. Giving you the chance to relax, while your children are safe and having fun.

... and kids room to grow
Unique to Familyplus, our trained children's Reps deliver activities designed to inspire your child, and to develop their creative, active and social skills. But most of all they're fun!"

and

"Bugs Bunny Club, 7 days a week
Pyjama Club
Wavelength
Regular daytime activities and evening entertainment for the whole family
Little Tikes play equipment
Specially selected family-orientated Reps
Family-fun times where kids and parents can make the most of our kids' clubrooms
HarperCollins sponsored kids' library
24 hour helpline"

(so even if not Bugs Bunny there should be one!)
Just received a letter this morning. says that there is no horse riding available and that the warner brand of clubs will not be present but the same clubs will be run by qualified f.c reps. thats fine by me so long as its safe and the kids have fun.
No mention about loss of sea view, so we still have ours. phew!
i feel sorry for those who have lost theirs unless it it some sort of windup to get us all going , something fred flintstones son may be happy to do.
if im wrong then i appologise to ffs and wish him all the best for his and all our holidays.
hav'nt heard from fc yet. think i might pop in past travel agents this week to see if they can tell me if we have lost our sv. found this site which may be of interest to some. http://www.greekislands.com from what i read on there it sounds like our hotel could be surrounded by salt marshes, and if so there is likely to be quite a few mossies. think i'll start stocking up on repellents!!! does anyone know if car hire can be arranged at hotel? looks like there is quite a bit to see and do on the island. can't wait to read posts from those first back. :)
Hi there,

New to this only found this tonight while looking for any updated info on the hotel!
We are going for two weeks on the 31st May and leave from Glasgow and have been really worried about the hotel not being finished as we have three children the youngest who will only be 6mths when we go so don't really want to go to a building site with a baby!

I have to say that we have always went with first choice AI and have never had any problems but this will be the first new build we have been to and the first time we have went for two weeks.

I was in the first choice shop on Mon paying the balance and they assured me that the building was ahead of schedule and if it wasn't completed we would be entitled to a full refund or a change of holiday - lets hope it doesn't come to this as we are really looking forward to it.

Although my elder sons are a bit disappointed that it is no longer the bugs bunny club as they loved this in previous years but again been reassured that the facilites of the kids club hasn't changed just won't be warner branded!

Anyway rambled on enough - looking forward to reading any updates!
Hiya all..am new to all this abroad with kids malarky but really looking forward to booking for Kos next year.

I have looked only on the first choice website at this resort and the flights from eastmidlands are depart at 07.00 and return flight is 05.45!!

Now..what i want to know is what time would we have to be out of the hotel to catch the plane home?( kids will be 8 and 5 )

Would it be better for me to travel from another airport with better times??

Hope this makes sense..

Magda x
Hi Tierney02

If your flight is at 5:45am you would need to be at the airport by 3:45am which depending on the distance from the airport you would probably leave the hotel at 2:30ish.......You wouldn't have to leave the hotel by that time but...you would normally have to vacate your room by 12pm the previous day unless you pay to keep your room...they usually don't keep it available until the next day though!!! I suppose it depends if the hotel is fully booked.......You usually pay to keep the room and then vacate before dinner........have your dinner, watch the entertainment and then wait to go....
Hiya,

I've booked a late chechout room as I have three kids and the youngest will only be 6mths so would need facilities for him. I was under the impression that if you pay for a late-check-out you can use it til you leave not only til dinner? Have I misunderstood this as our flight home is at 4.30am so don't really fancy just hanging around for hours when the kids could be getting some kip before we leave!

Any advice would be appreciated as I might need to go back to travel agent about this

Thanks!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.