Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
ffs
1856 Posts
I hope to meet up with you both Fred and Sally. Are you going at the same time. I too am fed up with all the other ridiculous chat about flights, kids etc and just want hard facts as to whether the hotel will be ready, which is what this website is about.
i have been in touch with first choice today as they have sent me an up to date confirmation invoice. i requested a room with a pv when i first booked my hol and was charged for the room, my up to date invoice doesn't state a room with a sv, this was the reason i contacted fc .apparantly fc have recieved new plans for the hotel and there isn't as many rooms with a sv as on previous plans.so those who booked first get the sv rooms, which is fare.

i did ask for an update on the hotel.i was told every thing is going ok so far and that they are four weeks in front of schedule and the hotel will be open at the beggining of may.

so dont know where fred got his info from.
:? how many aliases has this guy it ,s getting boring now my friend fred go away :x
OK please keep on topic. Any off topic chat will be deleted.

I can confirm that Fred Flintstones Son and Funny Face Sally are NOT posting from the same IP address.

luci HT Mod
lambrini....sorry to sound dumb but what is sv and pv????
I'd hazard a guess....pool view, sea view?

Pippy :D
yes it does mean sea view,don't know where i got pv from though ,haven't requested a room with pv .has any one else been refused a room with a sv after they have booked or is it just me.

the hotel is going to be built on the beachfront ,so hopefully all rooms should have good views.
8) thanx mc fester very informative hope he gets some pics have a nice holiday 8)
I am there from 20th May and sure Sam is too, and plenty more.

We had letter from First Choice this morning to confirm:
No horseriding, and
No Warner kids club - it will be run by FC qualified staff though.

So that info is def correct - unless one of you have got my home address and are winding me up!!!!

Not too long now - so are we going to try to identify ourselfs to each other? Maybe an announcement in the evening from the Ents staff - will all those on the HolidayTruths forum make themselves known! Lol.

How do you get the phone number to confirm building work will be done? That is my biggest concern, rather than weather!
I would suggest that everyone print off and take with them the Safe and Sound booklet available via my signature.

It is written by travel law lawyer Ros Fernihough and explains all your rights and informs you of what to do in resort should things go wrong with your holiday.

Be on the safe side and print it and pack it.
hi
we have had a letter today from first choice, we too have been told that after booking a sea view that we will not now get one, we booked our hoilday at the begining of july 2005 to go 12 july 2006,
i desperatly wanted a sea view i do not want to be shuved round the back of the hotel :cry:
Hope I get my sea view I was really looking forward to waking up to a sea view, I booked in May last year so hopefully will have been one of the first to have booked a SV.
I checked with the travel agent yesterday about the hotel not being ready until June they rang them and were told once again that the building work is 3+ weeks ahead of schedule. So thats good news for us all travelling in May. :lol: 8)
Sam xx
I received my letter today to advise of a few changes such as the kids club are no longer going to be warner, they advised its just the name not anything else which has changed they cannot use the name bugs bunny club etc ... and the horse riding well that they advised was payable locally so it's not going to be that big a deal for myself...my kids not so impressed :roll:

They did however say that because its a pre fabricated building etc they are approx 4 weeks ahead of schedule which is good news :-)

anyways thats about it from me...and whats with that miserable sod fred....i HOPE he's going the 14th June be nice to see if he gets a big as tan as his mouth. :P
these letters you are all receiving regarding sea view, are they refunding you the cost as we had to pay @ £30 supplement to book ours and if they have changed it and not us then surely they have to reimburse th cost. im hoping we still have ours as im sure are many other viewers.
good news though about the building work we really need a bit of good news.
perhaps we should all wear hol.truths t-shirts to distinguish ourselves from the crowds.
thanx for keeping us informed.
yes i have been sent a new confirmation, fc have deducted the extra that i was paying for the room with a sv. ihave also received my letter today as regards to warner not running the kids clubs and no horse riding.

here we go again...........bird flu now.is this person really going to aqua beach club.??????????
Hi everyone ,
can anyone tell me if any first choice people are getting a sv ?
We are a group of 8 blokes coming for 3 weeks in June.
Myself,Jeeza,Mad Mick,Geordie,Donkey Dave,Crazy Colin,Tony and Mack the Knife.
We are all up to enjoy ourselves,and hope the World cup will be on TV out there,as a few of us werent allowed to go to Germany.
Did the German tour operators get there first and put a higher offer in ?,
thats usually the norm !.Look forward to seeing you all there.
Hi ,I totally agree with Mrs quaz that we should make ourselves known on arrival that we are from Holiday Truths.Hopefully we wont be too drunk,but anyone on here should recognise us !.Cant wait to get to know everyone on here,should be great.
Lambrini,

That message that was left and seems to have been removed now is false, I asked our main man in Kos and his responce is here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189444-i437-k462987-l2778701-Kos_Dodecanese.html#2778701

I reckon it is F-F-S using his work computer or something, reckon we upset him!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.