Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos Aqua Beach Club
1856 Posts
Any further news on how ready the hotel is?.We are flying from B'ham on June 14 for 2 weeks 2 adults and 2 kids, boy 14 & girl 10. Really looking forward to it, kids cant wait for all those fantastic water slides, just hope theres no teething problems once built. AI in previous Greek resorts has been great but not stayed in a First Choice hotel before.
Booked through Eclipse for the last 6 years and always been looked after.

Hate mossies any recommendations for repellants? 8)
We have booked, whopee, going 30th August for two weeks.

Tips if you are yet to book, get a quote on-line through Eclipse direct, print off the quote and go to a First Choice travel agent. They will match the price plus you can book it through the travel agent which made us feel a little more secure.

We got the whole package for £2500, and that inlcudes, Kids Den, Sitting together on plane, Late Check out, insurance and even car parking at Bristol Air port.

We are well chuffed about the price and well looking forward to travelling now!

Travel agent advised us that if we had any problems with queing for food, which I have read in other forums First Choice have problems with, complain and we might get some vouchers to use for our next hioliday. But we are honest so won't be doing this unless we need to.

Time to start the diets!
HI ALL, :P WEVE ALSO BOOKED TO GO TO THE KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB FOR 2 WEEKS FROM JUNE 7 2006.ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE GOING SAME TIME? WE ARE ALL HOPING IT WILL BE BUILT IN TIME, WILL WE BE ENTITLED TO ANYTHING BACK IF IT ISNT AS THEYVE ALREADY DOWNGRADED US FROM 4*PLUS TO 3*PLUS WITH NO :ghug REFUND,ALTHOUGH WE GOT FREE CHILD PLACES AND THE SAME HOLIDAY NOW COSTS A LOT MORE THAN WE PAID. WEVE NEVER BEEN TO KOS BEFORE LET ALONE GREECE BUT WEVE HEARD ITS NICE ESPECIALLY KOS TOWN. WE ARE A PARTY OF THREE FAMILIES TOTALING 9 WITH 3 CHILDREN AGED 3 - 4YRS AND ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WATERPARK PART OF THE COMPLEX AS WELL AS THE FOOD,DRINK,SUN ETC. SEE YOU THERE OR HEAR FROM YOU SOON :P 8)
*edit please do not post in caps refer to the T&C of HT Briar
Lockwood

welcome to HT i have merged your post into the correct topic have a read through and see whats been happening and Please abide by our terms and do not post in caps or bold

wizard {forum mod}
We are two familys of 4, going out on 28th june from Birmingham. Really looking forward to it. :D
Is there any more update on the building / completion news? As a tent on the beach isnt our ideal holiday. Been there done that!
Anyone else going then?
Hello everybody,

Here a message from Holland again.
I was/am a little bit worried about Kos Aqua Beach Club would not be finished by the time we go there, that I e-mailed a lot about it, most messages are good. Our travel agency Go Best (INVALID URL this is First Choice in Holland) mailed: Kos Aqua Beach will be opened April 29, and all the construction works will be finished, so you can have a great holiday.
I hope so, it would not be nice if the waterslides do'nt work and restaurants are still closed, and half of the club is not even built at all.
We go June 11, with 3 persons (me, hubbie and our big boy from 4 years), and stay 12 days.

P.S. just like a lot of you, I'm trying to loose some weight too (already lost 22 pounds, still struggling)
Hi ajenkins & everyone else,
I'm also going on 28/6 but travelling from Glasgow. What are your flight times like? I think our flight is around 8:30pm or thereabouts which is not the best as by the time we get there, it'll pretty much be straight to bed. Still, it will be great waking up on Thursday morning! 8)
There's 5 of us, me, hubby, 2 daughters(one 12 yrs & the other 16 months) & son 7 and we're all really excited.
Can't wait & really looking forward to reading these posts in May when people have actually been-I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ready in time for the first visitors but I'm sure it will be. :D
Julie
I'm hoping to go to Kos Aqua Beach Club the beginning of June 2006 with my Partner and two children.

Please let me know what its like!!! :lol:
Hi all,
We have booked a week at the Kos Aqua Beach Club on the 22nd May. Got an amazing deal- 1 week AI for 2 adults and 1 child, sitting together and daytime flights all for a snip under £900. I thought it best to book only 1 week to try the place out whilst it is a new resort. I have been given written confirmation from First Choice that the resort and all amenities will be open and running for our arrival on the 22nd May 2006. If not I will be making a formal complaint for compensation!!!!!!!! I will post a note on my return to let you all know what it is like and if everything is open and completed. I have complete faith in First Choice we have gone AI many times before and never had cause to complain, though I have never been to Kos before and am bit worried about the mention of a mosquito problem!!!!!!!!
hi
Hi Em, We will be there same time as you arriving late 24th May. 2 adults me and hubbie 2 kids boys aged 12 and 6.
When did you get written confirmation about everything being up and ready? Was it when you booked?
I am going to ask for the same thing when i pay the balance in March.
Sam :P
:D hi em and sam got news today from fc say all will be ready when the hotel opens on 29th of april so yhey say were not going until 24th may should be ok by then

have a good day
:) mick
Ok i have sat here for the past hour or so reading your wonderful postings, and i have decided that i am going to book the holiday!!! even though it is expensive £2300 for a week for 2 adults and 2 children!

We are going on the 27th May from Gatwick 8:55pm flight.
8) try for a better price lisa someone said eclipse give you a good deal not trying to put you off but seems a lot we paid £1530 for 2 adults 1 chiild for 2 weeks we go on 24 th may good luck and have a great holiday 8)
Hi Mick,

Too bad I arrive at 8 june, would have liked to drink a Guiness with the Irish person :D
to blue spirit
:)
maybe next time have a good holiday
mick
mick

That is with Eclipse!!! Because there are four of us...and because we need two seperate rooms they charge for four adults!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Harlequin recommend oil of sintronella as a replelant to mozzies a little drop on your pillow or a candle works wonders
pojo
Hi! (Especially to slick and lambrini - perhaps we'll bump into each other there!)

I'm travelling to the Kos Aqua Beach Club on 2nd August with my other half and our two kids (one 9, one 10) from Manchester airport. Flights arent fantastic - 8pm, but the kids are fairly easy going.

We've called FC and they have confirmed that everything will be sorted by then - let's hope so.

We always try to travel with them as we have always found the service to be excellent. We went to Cyprus AI with them two years ago and it was fantastic.

All I can hope is that the time flies by until we get there. The diet is going well - I wouldnt want to inflict my flesh upon you at the moment! :lol:
I am amazed, and slightly amused at the bidding war between First Choice and Eclipse Direct on the basis that both companies are owned by First Choice Holidays PLC.

But maybe none of this is too surprising considering the mess they have made in Corfu, where as we speak, there has been no building whatsoever, and little or no chance of the Corfu Aqua Beach Club opening on time, or possibly at all.

The lesson from this to be learnt by all is to check out the resort and get as much info as you can before the booking is made.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.