Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos Aqua Beach Club
1856 Posts
Hi Mcfester
We've been to 2 first choice all incl. resorts & if the new one is anything like the previous ones you wont be dissapointed.
All meals are buffet style. Breakfast is traditional english, local ie. fruit, bread etc.
Snacks were poolside at the Blue Bay in Corfu & available throughout the day - hotdogs, pizzas, hamburgers.
Lunch was poolside as well and varied with a choice between 3 main courses.
Dinner was varied with 3 to 4 main courses to choose from (still mix and match if you wanted as its all buffet style). The food there was exceptional, varied & the kids were catered for if they just wanted nuggets & chips etc!

Drinks...drinks from the pool bar were served in little plastic cups, the type you get from a coffee machine, & you were limited to 4 per order per person - go up as much as you like though. The spirits were the local ie. greek versions of gin, vodka, whiskey etc (no bacardi or their version tho). Beer was lowenbrau & weak. There was plenty of local red & white wine but its a bit 'harsh'.
If you wanted export drinks you had to pay proper price its not included at all. The reception bars use glasses which were slightly larger. The Aqua club beach resort looks like it has a variety of bars so it will differ from the above (hopefully).

All in all (and assuming the new place is the same setup as their others) the food is plentiful, varied & lovely. The drinks, not so hot but you can still have a good old drinkup & there should be an on site shop where you can get some cans or bottles in for the evening on the balcony.

Going on the 14th June with the wife & 2 sprogs plus friends so cant wait!
Sounds great to me, thansk very much for all this information. I hope you all have a great holiday. Let us all knwo about it when you return though please?

Many Thanks
Hello,
We are new here!
We are Dutch. We go to Kos Aqua Beach in June 2006.
I hope that it will be finished, and as good as it looks in the brochures.
mcfester................we went into thomson ( lunn poly) on the high street, they matched first choices price and gave us the cheap deposit.......the co op are also doing a cheap deposit at the mo............

i know its a first choise holiday but you can still book it elsewhere, i doubt you will get it cheaper as you seem to have been given an excellent price....

you can always phone up the travel agents in your nearest town, and ask them to get you a price, and there deposit prices..................good luck
Thanks K & R,

I rang them and they won't budge with the deposit. I think I will take up your advice though and see some travel agents.

I wish it was next month we are going now, it seems such a long wait. Some people who have put posts on the resort look like they booked it in July, thats an even longer wait! No patience me!

Take care

P.S all, please let us know about the resort when you visit in May to July, thanks in advance
hi all

new here but been reading for months
15 of us going on may 24 all been panicking about hotel being ready
our friend nikki got news from first choice today construction a month ahead of time
if we can believe them hope so will let you all know if true
8) have a nice day
  • Edited by mick d 2006-01-21 00:05:41
Hi All,

I have recently booked my holiday with Eclipse (£300 cheaper than First Choice) to go to the Kos Aqua Beach Club. We (2 adults, 2 sproggs) go on the 2 August 06 for 2 weeks - flying from Gatwick.

It would be great to here from anybody who will be there at the same time as us. Any other information regarding building works or particular areas of interest are greatly received.

Excellent comments so far. I used to work as a travel consultant and will be asking around for info - I will keep you posted if I hear anything.
hi
Hi Mick we are also going on 24th may, fingers crossed that everything is up and running by then.
Sam
hi slick we also going on 2nd august us 2 adults 2 kids aged 14 & 11 we booked with eclipse and also found them cheaper than first choice .we are flying from manchester at 20.00 so will be late getting there.hopefully every thing should be up and running smoothly by august and there should be lots of feed back on this site to let us know ,so we should know what to expect by the time we go. six and a half months to go and can't wait...............:D
Hi all, we go on the 14th June, for 10 nights, there will be me the other half 3 children 14, 10 & 19 months, we paid £1800 for this holiday when we booked back in May last year we booked on the £99 a family deal and only just have had to pay the rest of the deposit £430 this week, with the final amount 10 weeks before we leave (april). there will also be friends coming with us whom have a little one aged 16 months. Glad to hear its now on schedule for opening on time ive seen the latest artist impressions and it looks fab cannot wait to go now, although ive just gotta lose a few more stones first.
Hi Jellybabie

Your not the only one who is trying to lose weight then! Me and the other half are trying to lose some weight for the holiday, we heard that beach whales are not wecome in the pool, plus we want to be able to fit in the plane!

I am sure we will put it all back on though when we get tucked in to the all inclusive! I am a little concerned about the quality of food however, First Choice have been gettign a ribbing over quality of food in another topic on this website (Turkey).

Does anyone know where to get any artist impressions and in-construction photos?

Ta Taa
Hi samantha should be all ok been checking websites for months now 3 families of us going me wife and 8year old daughter and friends should be a good crack now looking forward to it
  • Edited by mick d 2006-01-20 21:30:11
hi lambrini

Thanks for your reply. Our flight out is 2140 so we will also be arriving late. We'll probably end up on the same coach transfer. We have a nasty flight time of 0435 going home, which I am not looking forward to, but I am sure it will be worth it :!:
My sproggs are 12 and 7 (both girls) and are already getting excited about going. Hopefully we'll see you there :wave
Hi all, BlueSpirit again

Just wondering, but I've got the idea there will only be us Dutch and our English friends from overseas in the hotel? Does anyone know?

greets from the Netherlands
Hi my name is Debbie and me and most of my family are going to the Kos Aqua Beach Club on 10 May for two weeks theres sixteen of us all together kids ages range from 2 to 15 and we cant wait. Although I have started to panic now because all the feed back seems to be the same IS IT BUILT YET!!! Has anyone had any updates, and is there anyone going at the same time as us if so I have to tell you were one of those families that everyone hides from were all loud and love to have a laugh so it certainly wont be quite for that fortnight I appologise now.
hi all, to be honest im a bit apprehensive about the food, we went to the holiday village in lanzarote last June and we all got food poisioning and had to have the emergency doc just to get my other half on the plane, we had already booked for Kos otherwise to be honest id probably not have booked all inclusive again, but saying that we travelled to the louis Patheon beach club with thomson in 2004 and all inclusive there was out of this world and totally value for money. Ive got a lot of weight to lose and hopefully with reach my target of 5 stones off by June, I had a very nasty experience last year due to my weight, some bloke thought he had the right to laugh at my size and basically ruined my hols, anyway that was enough to spur me on and this year I wont have to squeeze into a plane seat and I wont be ashamed of getting in the pool, oops sorry ive rambled on a bit lol x
Hi Jellybabie,

I am also a little dubious about AI. We went to Kamelya World in Turkey with Thomas Cook the year before last and you would have thought there was a food shortage :roll: The food was fine it was just the queue to get to it, I didn't bother with dessert in the end, first holiday Ive been on where I have come back thinner lol :)

I am your classic yo yo dieter and in the same boat as you. Good luck you know you can do it - think bikini :idea: PS I have taken up jogging (slowly) and it makes a huge difference to your weight loss :hyper
Hi slick

Ive brought a treadmill and I go on in everday for 25 mins, doing ok so far ive lost 8lbs in weight (2 weeks). Hopefully the food wont be too nice in Kos or else im gonna have to get straight back on the treadmill for an hour each day when we return lol
Hi all

anyone going on 24th may getting near now all getting excited still trying to find out more info on hotel condition if anyone knows anything please let us all know :D

bye
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.