Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
Hi All

Refereing back to last page and sorry briar to go :offtop but are there not tablets you can put in the water abroad to make it drinkable ? would you be not able to put these in the bottled water?

Debs
just arrived back from sharm and yes definately take mosquito repellent they are about in the evenings - a guy sprayed around the gardens of the hotel every evening but if you sat outside you got bit !!!!! i put repellent on and still got bit so the stronger repellent you can get the better - also we had a few in the room so keep your eyes peeled !!!!!!!!
Hi"
Skully and KKazz,
I to am going to the grand in July with three kids,and was wondering if youve been to Egypt before.

:roll:
the more i read the more i cant wait, thanks for the replys re menswear in the restuarants, ill depress my other half by telling him he cant wear shorts morning noon and night!!!
Does anyone know if you need any innoculations?? i am taking out 2 year old with us and wondered if she would need anything??? the travel agent gave us a list as long as your arm, but a lot of people i have spoken to have poo poo'd it, so thought id ask people who have been, and know!! so any advise would be gratefully received.

8 weeks and counting.......... :oops: :lol:
Thanks for that, glad i asked looks like hep a and tetanus are the most important, so best give my gp a call :shock:
Sorry...ona roll now!!

has anyone don the trip to petra????? and if so is it good????? also is it expensive?????

ok im done now :wink:
hi sponge bob !
how old are your kids and do they like football ?
you will find us around the slides , just look out for the white speedo trunks !
see you there skully x
Jo 90

We are going in july, 10 th from manchester, we are having our jabs on wednesday Kids need 2 and adults 3 , tetnaus hep A & B and some others I think, best to go to your doctors and check as we did. They are free, They say you don't really need any but its best to be safe. Hav'nt been updated myself for years so its a good thing. :lol:
Hi all

Going back to the subject ofdress code [sorry to bore you all] can men wear three quarter trousers with sandles or will this be frounded upon? 54 days to go !! So looking forward to this trip any suggestions on good and bad room blocks for standard rooms I did ask to be by the beach but have since read these rooms are looking shabby and have now asked if we can change to be near the water falls pool any info please!
Any one out there 23rd june time??

Thanks Marg 8) :D :)
Hi Debs

You use to be able to buy puritabs from the chemist to purify water. They were not too expensive but quite effective. There might be something more upto date now.

11 days to go and counting :D
Can anyone who has experienced the hotel post any thoughts on security issues? I'm interested in things like - how safe is it to leave items in your room (jewellery / audio players etc) - is there a safe (how much does it cost) - and did anyone hear of anything being stolen when you were there?
Not a nice subject - but might influence how much of Dixons I take with me!!
Hi everyone.
Thank you to everyone contibuting to this post, it's a fantastic insight to our upcoming holiday.
I'll be flying out with my wife and two kids (12 & 8 ) on 28th July ( 87 days to go ) for two weeks.
We're really looking forward to a relaxing holiday drinking by the pool.
Am a little bit worried about the tummy troubles mentioned in the post, my kids are really fussy eaters (I hope chips are on the menu) :D

Is anyone going out at the same time??

Tony
Hi" Skully,

What Airport are you leaving from, I'm leaving from Manchester. My kids are 4/10/12 years old all boys. I too wear white Speedos and have blonde tipped hair, will have a drink in the bar with you.
hi sponge bob!

we fly out from manchester on the 30th june , will you be checking out the gym while you are there ? i will be in every day from 7 till 8 in the morning , i am a big bloke with a bald head you cannot miss me , look forward to seeing you at the bar ! your hair sounds great ,cannot wait

cheers skully
HI ALL

Came back from Grand Azure last week.

ROOMS We were in block 4 our room was fine with a sea view its the block in the middle row nearest the beach.

MENS WEAR - I was disappointed that the info said men must wear long trousers - but MANY did not - certainly 3/4 and sandles would not be an issue. There were some who assumed it meant no BEACH wear so were in the restaurant in shorts (in one case a man in "hot pants" - a bit "little brittain ......... the only gay in town" - not a pleasant sight enough to put you off your koffta)

I look a few "dressy" outfits and took them home unworn :-(. People did make much more of an effort for the theme restaurants.

SECURITY

There is an armed guard on the front door but the beach access is completely free ........... (bomber come in via the beach !!!) There is a metal detector which went off everytime we went thru it no one took any notice.

I was not aware of anyone "loosing" anything from their rooms. There is safe in the rooms with room for passports, cameras, money, and dive knives.

Good mozzi spray is needed you can get tropical from Boots or at the airport after they've weighted your luggage!

Chips are only on the menu 12.00 noon to 5.00 pm at the beach - stock up then and go for the spag bol - my soon lived off organges and bol sauce. The restaurant has "diet" chicken which is just pieces of chicken cooked in what looked like water so you could pick the bits out and have bread and butter or with rice they normally did some kind of potatoe often roast, jacket even mash. They'll be fine. Ice cream only from the lower level restaurant (which is better in my opinion!).

ENJOY ALL ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK

KAREN
Cheers Skully"
I will be at the Gym every day in the morning not sure when,it all depends on what I drank the night before and what time breakfast finishes.Have you any tattoos cos I wonder if you have to keep them coverd. I have two large ones.Do you like snorkling I love it thats why I'm trying Egypt. :lol:
hi again sponge bob !
yes i have two large ones also (on top of each arm ) so a t shirt covers them no problem , where are your tattoos ? i think most hotels are okay with tattoos anyway ! after all we are british ! and we like our tattoos don't we ! can anyone tell me if you can get ginger beer at the bars as that is all i drink ?
see you soon skully xxxxxxxx
Cheers" Skully
I have not been to Egypt but we are extatic about going it sounds great.
I love snorkling and any water sports have you been in the Military I remember a squadie named Skully it could just be a long shot.but are you Green and Keen. Have u been to Morocow as I was stationed there for 4 years.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.