Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
Hi,

Yes the majority of people think its fab, and I don't think I have stayed anywhere where there hasn't been a few bad reports and dodgy tummys.

It was great getting that report from someone out there at the moment.

thanks

Nicky
Hey all, flying out to the Grand on 23rd May with the girlfriend, can't wait to check out all the sights and possibly do a bit of diving.

Just in contact with Ehab also about upgrades. I'm booked into a familly room, and got the following reply when i emailed him about wrist band upgrades:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear:XXXX
have a nice day from LTI-Grand Azure
Re your kind mail Please note that the upgrading to a junior suite & the
green wrist bands will cost you 25 $ per adult person per night if you want
to upgrade to the green wrist bands only this will cost 15$ per person per
night if you want to upgrad to a junior suite as a room type only this will
cost 10$ per person per night
I hope this help you
Thanks
Ehab Nawar
Reservation Dept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone know how much bigger the suites actually are than the familly rooms?

thanks in advance,

Kef
Nicky,

the kettles in the room are the white plastic type similar to the ones you get in hotels in this country. They are bigger than the travel kettles you can buy, therefore you should be fine with the babies bottle.

Regards Barbara
Just joined this great site. Have read the reports etc on this hotel. Does anyone know the advantages in having a green band? Have tried the hotel direct but to no avail!
I believe the difference in wrist bands are that you can get named brand alcoholic drinks, you can eat in the VIP area during breakfast, and you get a stocked mini bar in your room during the stay.

At least that's what i recall from the 15 page thread here.
Finally booked!! - going on the 9th June!
Some people seem to be getting some email replies from the hotel now - some of us have not!! - what email addresses have people used with success?
One quick question for those who have already been.....for those days when I'm suffering with heat stroke and can't go more that 5min away from the toilet (!) what english channels were available on the room televisions?
Thanks.
grandazure@tropicanahotels.com

This is the email address I have been using with much success, I have been playing email tennis with Ehab for a couple of days now, he is a great help.

Rhodgreen, I'm looking at your age and thinking heat stroke hmmmm is that what you really mean or wil you be up for testing the local firewater :wink:
Thans for the reply Kefkef.
I've now read through all the previous pages(took me a fair time but was well worth it for what I've learnt).
One question if stevie is looking in. After looking at your pics, could you confirm what type of room you had. We are thinking of a family room which the hotel says has a seperate small room with 2 beds. It looks like your 3rd bed was a put ypu up in the alcove.
Suze - always one for the local firewater!!
Hi

Thanks for the news Barbara about the kettle, thats one item less we have to pack.

Yes, this is the email I used aswell and are likewise emailing back and forth with Ehab.
grandazure@tropicanahotels.com
I also emailed the tropicana hotels site when I wasn't getting any feedback and they passed my message on to the hotel, so maybe those who have not heard back could try this.

6 weeks and counting now for us!
8)
Hi Guys,

Great thread.

We're booked in for 30th June!! Just wondering if anyone has had experience of the kids club. We'll be taking our 4 year old boy.

What activities/facilities? is it all english speaking? kids food? etc

cheers

Simon.
Hi simon

We are at the lti on 23rd june for 2weeks so maybe we will bump into you on the second week

See you Marg
Hi Simon,

No idea what the kids club is like, but my 5 year old is looking forward to going to so I will let you know what its like when we come back June 14th. Apparently according to Ehab from the hotel, they provide a kids lunch and icecream in the kids club each day, but I have no idea what it is.

Does anyone know?

Nicky
Tnx all,

You may indeed see us around one pool or another (probably hurtling down one of the slides!!) We're not planning to go to far afield which is why the kids club is quite important.

Cheers

Simon
The kids club provide sandwiches, burgers, chips, lasagne that sort of thing for their lunch, followed by ice cream and soft drinks on tap. Its a buffet style where you help yourself, my son is 8 so could go off with his pal and get his own lunch. Whenever we did pop in we never saw many staff there, it was early March though so maybe there wasn't much call for them yet.
It did seem more geared up towards younger children, although I seem to recall there being a sign on the door saying children not to be left unsupervised???? - maybe someone else could clarify that though.
There was also things going on with the animation team at the beach. They used to organise a kids game of footie every day at about 5, which my son was more interested in.
The kids will have a ball there, the waterslides are fab!
Thanks Barbara,

Our daughter is a very fussy eater so it nice that she can help herself to chips and that. I think she will spned most of the time on the slides, thats why we choose this hotel, but the kids club could be good for her to get out of the sun for a while.
Do you know what the mini disco is like?

Thanks
Nicola
Nicola,
We didn't go to that. I did see is advertised on the notice board at the beach. I think its at 830 - 9ish.
I did see some children having a boogie on the stage in the open air theatre one night. I presume that was it.
Regards Barbara
Can anyone shed any light on the following.....?
The http://www.lti.de hotel homepage has the following written in the "Comfort Package" that junior suite guests receive - "separate transfer from the airport to the hotel".
I've seen it written in this forum that the hotel does not provide airport transfers. So what does this mean?
We are not travelling until August and so I would appreciate any feedback from those of you who are travelling over the next couple of months about the Kids Club and also the Family Rooms.
I hope that you all have a wonderful time.
dsj37
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.