Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
Glad you had a good time. can't believe we didn't see you there. We met up with another couple from here who also came home last night after having gone out on the 9th.

It was really hot on Monday, did it get any warmer?

Nicola
As for the bus to Naama Bay - free/all-inc, runs about 10 times a day, first I think was 11am, last one back is 2330 - gets booked very early. You can book one day in advance. 20 seater, takes about 25min (including a petrol stop!). No early morning or mid afternoon times. Drops you off in their sister hotel which is about 10min walk in to the main streets.
Did not see any public service buses, although plenty of taxis (which the reps will say are cheap?!?!) - which will ALL pull up along the pavement your walking on and toot their horn to get some business!! There was some kind of minibus/taxi service that allot of the locals seemed to use - similar in size to camper vans with a sliding doors that people kept jumping in and out of!
We only spent 2 hours one evening in the touristy streets to get some pressies etc - I'd recommend having longer (again in the evening) - and shame we couldn't fit in a day visit.
Nicolaw - we were sat next to people one day who had a child called Bethan and another Aled - think it was Bingo night - was that you?!
yip that would have been us shouting at the kids to behave! sat next to us where? bingo night was the sunday before we came home and Bethan had made a new friend so she was happy dancing with her at the terrace bar after mini disco.
hi all ,
less than 2 weeks to go , could you spend a full day at namma bay or would the kids be bored ?
are there some good shops there and are they cheap?
does anyone know what a superior room is ? apparently we are booked into one but cannot find any info on them !
we booked up last may for three family rooms and now first choice have told us we have three superior rooms , any info would be nice !
anyone else had any problems with rooms on arrival etc.
just wondering what the best currancy is to take , can you tip the staff with pound coins or do they prefer own currancy ?
is it very cloudy during the day ?
thats all for now see some of you there !
good reviews from people who have just got back . keep up the good work
not a cloud is sight you will be pleased to know.
:)
hi lizzscafe
i'm going in sept with my bloke. we too are staying in what first choice have sold to us a superior room. i had started to assume that it must be a standard room as there's only two of us going (no kids) but i'm not entirely sure. you'd think by the name of it that there was something better than standard on offer to us!

nic
Tiping - they will accept ANY money and then some!!!
They seem to prefer British money as they can apparently get more for it.
Take some Egyptian Pounds and British Pounds - and for the airport duty free - US Dollars!!
A cloud in Sharm???!!!!! - no joke - we saw one little fluffy one all week!
(and then we flew into thick clouds all over the UK last night to make up for it!!).
All this positive feedback is making me really excited. Can not wait for Thursday :hyper

Ellie
Hi nicolaw pleased you had a good time, Less than two weeks for me now.
What room did you stay in?
was the pool water cold?

Thanks Sponge Bob
Hi Spongebob,
Can I come back with you? Although a heat wave is due herethis weekend but can you ever believe the weather forecase.

We were in a junior suite cluster 13, never heard any bar noise or anything from our room which was great.
We were expecting the pools to be freezing with what others had said, but they were lovely, our baby could stay in the pool for ages without ever getting cold which is a first. Really warmed up in the afternoons. last few days the water felt a wee bit cooler in the mornings but then it was also hotter weather too.
You also have the small heated section in the waterfalls pool. pools never busy, so we would float to the swim-up bar on the lilo and place drinks in the cup holders. Bliss!
Hi Rhodgreen,
Sounds like you had a good time too, cant wait to read more !
Just one question, how were your tummys? any upsets??
alright everyone,
nicolaw ,are you a mickey mouser by any chance ?
it's good to see you and rhodgreen have had a good holiday , did you win anything on the bingo ?
lizzscafe i have exactly the same problem with the rooms etc , but don't worry i am sure they will sort it when you get there .
did anyone use the internet when they were there if so what are the charges like !
cannot wait to meet sponge bob and marg and anyone else who is going to be there first two weeks in july !
keep them posts comming hard and fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope fraid not Skully, am Welsh, just happen to work in Liverpool now.
We used the internet on our last day to see if the plane had departed on time, since we were not with a package holiday andhad to make our own way to airport. it was 10 Egyptian for 15 mins, 20 Egyptian for half an hour and 30 Egyptian for an hour. A bit slow though.

We didn't take part in the bingo, our friend won a ticket but then we couldn't hear anything as we were too busy chatting.

Need to sort out now when to go again.
Hi again nicolaw, are the drinks lager ect: pints or halfs, most all inclusives normally do halfs.Do they do an Ale type drink(Beer).

Thanks for all your help you are a star.

Sponge Bob
Just lager I'm afraid, but I don't usually drink beer and found it rather nice so drank that most of the time. They dish it out in small plastic glasses round the pool bascially one bottle gives two glasses, in your room (suite) you get two bottles a day. Also plastic glasses at the amphitheatre which wasn't great, but understandable with loads of kids running around. We went to Greece one year and they gave glass round the pool and although very nice, not great when the kids kept dropping them.
just a quicky !
did anyone get drunk while they were there ?
can you buy hair products in the local shop ?
cheers
Last thing nicolaw, Did you try the bedoin tent for food, not sure of spelling.
Hair products ? come on Skully.

Sponge Bob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.