Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
There are menus at reception showing the daily menus of the a la carte restaurants so you can see if you fancy anything for a particular day and book for then.

Before we went I had decided to try them but there was so much choice at the other three buffet retaurants we didn't bother with the exception of the Turkish one which also turned out to be a buffet. The Marina restaurant that faces the sea has a very extensive international buffet each day and the village and residence buffets change nightly offering different themes e.g. french, italian, turkish, seafood, orient express?, gala, etc. with both of them offering different alternatives so there really is plenty of choice.

There isn't a dress code for children but our boys always wore smart, long, shorts and short sleeved shirts and our daughter a dress although there were the inevitable footie shirts.
Thanks ellie and pamplemousse ,
Will be nice to get the children dressed up for meals etc. There seams to be so much to do I doubt we'll have time in the 2 weeks. They can be a bit fussy over food so I am happy there is so much choice out there. One final question. I read about the mozzies and wasps any particular recommendations as to combatting them as I sometimes suffer with allergic reactions that can be quite extreme.

Thanks for all your help really appreciate it . :tup
When are you going Dave-B?

We went in the last two weeks of June last year and had no problem with mozzies at all. We did spray with one ov those DEET things though.

I found there were a few wasps around the Marina Restaurant but they weren't really a problem. They tended to go after the kids' fizzy drinks so as soona s they realised that they switched to squash :rofl
Has anybody been in July going into Aug and can let me know the wasp situation. Went to Olu to the Club Belcekic Beach and they were a real problem just before dark making it difficult to eat your evening meal in peace. I was kind of hoping this might have been a problem specific to the BB and not the area in general.
Yours hopefully, Doe
We're going on Sep13th this year. Really looking forward to it .
We found July really bad for wasps. The waiters would give us little ashtrays with burning coffe grounds which was meant to keep them away but it didn't make that much difference. We found we had to just ignore them and to be honest nobody got stung that I know of.
Hi we went last week July, 1st week in August last year and didn't see a single wasp the whole time we were there.
bridd wrote:
The waiters would give us little ashtrays with burning coffe grounds which was meant to keep them away but it didn't make that much difference.

Thats what they did at the Bel Beach, but we didn't find it very effective either. Sounds like it must vary from year to year from what bigwoo is saying. Hope there aren't any this this summer.
doepsmc - loved your comment about sleeping in the bath!

There isn't one!!

Only in the residence, I believe :lol:

Just have a great time, I went last year for my 40th its brill.
:yikes I forgot about the fact that you dont often get baths in Muslim countrys. :duh I will have to sleep standing up in the shower. :rofl
chris lykia wardrobes are huge like walk in rooms, you could always kip in there lol
Hi everyone,

Read all this with much interest. We're going to LW next week and, like a few others, have been trying to work out what sort of room we'll actually get. I've asked for a family room - two rooms in one essentially - and this what i have on the voucher

Room Type: e. Family Village (2-5) Garden View Full Board+ (FB)

Anyone care to interpret? My agent assures me it's the room I want,. I've emailed the resort but not had a reply. I'm crossing my fingers it's two rooms not one because we could do with the privacy.

Also, the weather looks a bit rubbish at the moment. When it rains, is there still alot to do? There's only so many games of snap one can play...

cheers
Hi Cassie, :welcome to HT.

If you go back to begining of this thread 50% of the questions are about the rooms. Even the travel agents themselves haven't got a clue when you book. I haven't been yet, but I do know that if you have a balcony you haven't got one of the dreaded Garden Rooms. Dont know if that helps. I've concluded that Karen and Bridd are the country's leading experts on Lykia Room types. :)
Thanks for the technicolour welcome. :wave:

Yeah, I've noticed the room question is the biggest one. I'm just hoping there's some secret code in mine that someone might be able to unravel. I don't know if i have a balcony. My agent doesn't know if I have a balcony. As long as it has a separate room for the kids then I don't mind, it being a place to sleep and not much else. Unless it rains.
cassiel i would guess you are in cat 4 family rooms , description in my lykia book says, for 4-5 guests. formed by adjoining 1 and 2 cat rooms, 1 entry, balcony, shower and wc. this is the room we had and it was lovely, the kids were in a seperate little room, we had T101 with sea view see if you can ask for that room
, hope this helps
karen
Thanks alot ellie. I hope you're right because that's exactly what we're after.

When you say 'ask for that room' do you mean on arrival, or prior to? As I've said, I've sent an email to the resort but got no reply.

Thanks for your help!
you could email them or try ringing the uk number or ask your TA if you can make a request , this room was lovely with massive walk in wardrobe, but the spare room only slept 2 kids as the beds were narrow and l shaped, the other room had a huge king size or bigger bed and down some steps a bed settee so if you have 3 kids sadly you wont get total privacy, as 1 will have to share with you

karen
Only got two, six and four so small enough for narrow beds. TBH, if they're tired enough, they'd sleep on a spike (though only the garden rooms have spikes I hear ;) )

Thanks. I'll get in touch with my TA.
they arent that small, my daughter was 5 and son a lot older but hes small for his age and they managed ok. we found this room lovely with sea views from balcony, ground floor and in quieter location, have a look at lykia map and you can see were t block is
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.