Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
I should imagine the kids club will keep the 6 year old occupied. They do all sorts of activities, like putting on a show and judo. Much more varied than the average tour operator's kids club and for longer hours.
To see local operators prices, have a look at this website http://www.hamishmcturk.com/fiyatlar_fethiye_travel.html
They are actually in Hisaronu, but I expect the prices will be similar in Olu Deniz.
anderson2004 -

the taxis outside LW charge 14.00 euro return but that was last sept and every i have been, time they go up in price. I used a local tour op in olu called bloody georouges ( spelling :whoops ) if you walk down the main street in olu, its half way down on your right, theres plenty of adverts outside it and in the centre of the street. again you have to meet them at the main gate as they are not allowed into LW

I would also phone LW as it only cost me a few pounds and i got the answers that i needed, it would also put your mind at ease
there is a uk lykia number i rang them a few times and they were helpful. as others have said theres plenty to do for the kids although if your daughters anything like mine and they are similar ages all she wants to do is swim, i agree with the others i think the pool will be too cold in april, saying that when we went end of may we found the sea and pool temps fine, but i have been to turkey in march and april and the pools were freezing
Thanks once again to everyone who responded.
If anyone else in the same boat as me will find this review useful.

*Admin edit - due to copyright reason we cannot allow the copying of posts from another website - Glynis*
Oooo those pool temps have got me worried now, but as you said ellie-meg you were there the same time that we are going and you found them ok, so lets hope so for this year or I won't be doing any swimming (coward in cold water lol!) I did read that they have a couple of heated pools at Lykia but are these just for younger children ie toddlers?

:offtop Also gregg did you have any probs using bloody gorgeous as I have read elsewhere quite a few bad reports about what a rip off he is?? Anyone else heard this?
For anyone out there wanting to go but prices just too high .......... :wave:

I'm so excited - I just got off the phone from booking 2 weeks in the school summer hols for a fantastic price and had to tell someone! I got a great price from travel republic a couple of weeks ago (£3250) but I kept dilly dallying, even though hubs told me to book it, and missed out (and was very annoyed with myself).

I kept checking prices daily and was just about resigned to the fact that we couldn't afford it this year (next best price £4000), then this morning ............ rang holiday-experts and booked for £3240. From Gatwick on 17 July, 2 adults 2 children, large superior land view room, including transfers, and 20kgs allowance. Flights times are rubbish and the kids will miss the last day of school, but it will be worth it!

And by the way, they gave me an even lower price for a "standard room without balcony, 3 beds and camp bed" for £2,900 ;) Obviously a garden room but a good price nonetheless.

Can't wait to tell the kids!

anice

PS :think Bit scared now I've posted this - they might ring me back and tell me they got the dates/flights/number of passengers/PRICE wrong
So excited for you anice, it's great when you get a good deal. Bet it's the first thing you tell the kids when you see them! Good Luck :cheers
:wave: That's great Anice - it's horrible when you think you have missed out.

Not going till August, so it will be good to read how everyone gets on who is going before that. :cheers

Lesley
Hi All,

I know everyone will have a GREAT time, pitty we're not all going at the same time - we'd have a great time in the village in the evening !!! :rofl :D

or take over the nightclub !! it's re-opening this year so i was told in sept
I've just realised that I could download the Lykia brochure from their web site and it has a list of all the bars and cafes that do cakes, pastries etc and the one called Lykie Bar situated in the childrens paradise selling ice cream etc, what I am wondering is; are these free or do they charge them to your card?
ice creams are charged for and i assume cakes are too, but i never bought cakes there just ice creams
Kirdak beach is also on the Lykia virtual tour on their web site, it looks lovely, like real white sand, is that also part of the Lykia private beach? It dosn't look like the other pics of the Lykia beach which i also believe is pebbly?
im off to lykia on the 11th for the first time. any tips anyone? weve heard loads about it these are actually the school holiday dates in our area so hopefully it will all be open and not too cold!
The ice creams are Magnums and so on which are the same price (approx) as in the UK. There are freezers for these in all the cafes.

Kidrak beach is the public beach between Lykia World and Olu Deniz. You need to leave the hotel and walk along the road. It's too far in the heat. They used to run a shuttle bus every hour or so from the hotel but it was stopped as hardly anyone was using it. Its a nice enough beach but theres nothing there.
Is there a formal dress code for dinner/lunch times for restaurants in lykia world? Any one with previous experience can provide any info. on what would be classed as appropriate dress code for women and men in lykia world. Thanks Regards.
Hi Anderson
there is a sort of dress code but I wouldn't call it formal. At lunch you need to basically cover up your swim wear. Otherwise you're ok. Most people would be in shorts and t shirts but you would get away with a sarong type cover up. The only no-nos are bare feet and men's bare chests.
People tend to dress up a bit for dinner. You see the occasional woman in shorts at dinner but it's unusual. Most seem to wear a summer dress or separates. Maybe a skirt of capri pants. Quite a lot of people - and aspecially the Russian women - go the whole hog with the cocktail dress and the bling. If you have any really fancy stuff this is the place to give it an airing.
Most men wear a shirt and chinos or tailored shorts at dinner. You see the odd bloke with a football shirt on but it's fairly unusual. Nobody would say anything but you might get the odd look.
For kids anything goes really as long as they adhere to the shoe and no bare chest rule.
On Sunday nights they have a gala dinner with a theme. On alternative Sundays it's black/red and black/white. They also have the odd themed night during the week. Sometimes it's a beach party theme. They have had toga nights and so on but it's optional.
Hope this helps.
thanks a lot for your reply about the dress code. I now know what to buy. Regards.
The main restuarants and the one in children's paradise serve ice cream cones at meal times that are free of charge. Many people get one on leaving and take it back to their sunbeds! Usually they offered vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.